2012 Major League Baseball: Showdown!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ECSTATIC dudeeeeeeeees...Ichiro donning the Pinstripes.

Going to be exciting

He's probably pretty happy that his chances of winning the world series just got a little better.

Even if he doesn't hit as well as he used to, he still has some insane defense. Although I haven't watched the Mariners in a while.

The cannon on that arm is still pretty fucntional, last I saw.

I thought I was hallucinating seeing Ichiro on the Yanks!

Now they can boo Ichiro in Kansas City because they're jealous or whatever.

Marlins with mini firesale...and I ain't mad.

SP Anibal Sanchez and 2B Infante dealt to Tigers for 3 prospects. One being a 9th pick overall pitcher, a Catcher, another pitcher. First 2 are now in AAA New Orleans, other is in AA.

Josh Johnson may be dealt...

This **** happens when you are 45-51 and at 93 Million payroll. Underperforming...ugh.

We used to joke down here when we called the Tigers, Marlins North because of Leyland and Miguel Cabrera among others. I guess the name still applies.

Yeah Ichiro hasn't been relevant in years.

Ichiro adds respectable offense and incredible defense. If he wasn't relevant before, he is now.

Ichiro's OBP has been quite atrocious this year, he used to be able to make up for his lack of walks with all those hits.

Now they can boo Ichiro in Kansas City

If he tried this joke, yeah. Almost a nice try, though. :up:

Ichiro adds respectable offense and incredible defense. If he wasn't relevant before, he is now.
It's gonna be interesting. His hitting should improve in this lineup. It's just weird seeing him in anything else than a Mariner uniform. But he did want out of there...and it seems even more awkward that it's to the Yanks DURING a series against the Yanks.

Last edited:

There's nothing respectable about a 261/288/353 line. He's not even an everyday player anymore.

You couldn't be more wrong. His defense is still solid but nothing special. His offense is downright terrible

The Yankees didn't seem to give up too much for him. If it works out, it's great for the Yankees. If not, I don't think it's an issue either. However, I'm wondering if the injury to Swisher is more severe then initially reported.

You couldn't be more wrong. His defense is still solid but nothing special. His offense is downright terrible
We'll see. A players productivity in baseball has a lot to do with setting, and we all know Ichiro needed a change of setting badly. Being in a good line up will help him.

Ichiro's almost 39, you can change the scenery all you like, it still won't change the fact that he's in the twilight of his career and his skill set has diminished greatly. Playing in a park like Yankee Stadium isnt going to provide a player of his style any real advantage at this point either. On the Yankees he's another "name" to put in pinstripes, to sell a few t-shirts, and maybe act a defensive replacement in late innings. That's about it.

We'll see. A players productivity in baseball has a lot to do with setting, and we all know Ichiro needed a change of setting badly. Being in a good line up will help him.

He's a nice addition to that bench too without costing them anything, so he's only really needed to fit as a piece instead of be a big-time percentage numbers as much....and they'll probably be better as surrounded by a better team as well. Really a no-loose trading him in.

I guess the Pirates realized they only have so many games to get back below .500.

St. Louis most be losing a lot of tough games, to have the second best run differential but only 4 games over .500.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"