2012 NFL thread: A New REFerendum

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOWWWW I just finished watching last nights game, Roger must be hiding under his desk right now.

All so that the NFL can save a few bucks. **** you Roger Goodell

Peter King of S.I. did the math. The difference between the league's offer and what the refs want is 3.3 million dollars. The NFL, a multi-billion dollar industry is locking the refs out over approximately $12,000 per game or $0.20 per ticket.

To add even more perspective, the NFL makes 3.3 BILLION dollars each year from TV contracts alone. Meaning that 0.11 % of JUST THE REVENUE BROUGHT IN BY TV CONTRACTS could end this dispute. That about a tenth of one percent of what the NFL makes from just TV. Factor in ticket sales, merchandising, etc....the NFL could probably end this lockout with last than one one hundredth of one percent of their total revenue. Roger Goodell is jeopardizing the integrity of the game over THAT.

The NFL just keeps digging their whole deeper and deeper.

The NFL just keeps digging their whole deeper and deeper.

The NFLPA should just wait for that one play where a player gets hurt & then use that to strike until the original refs are back. Saying that the players are afraid of getting hurt (they can refuse to work because of that) under ****** refs & will not play until the original refs are back. We just need that one play. The NFL will obviously not listen to the fans. But if the players agree to stop working. Might get results. But that will probably just get Roger to want to save more money (sighs). Should strike anyway though

That NFL statement had a Romney feel to it: "Uh, I'm actually going to to, I'm not familiar precisely with exactly what I said, but I stand by what I said, whatever it was. And with regards to, uh, I'll go back and take at what was said there."

Well, Russell Wilson is the only QB in the NFL that threw INT for a TD.

And do people know that Goodell is the Commissioner of the NFL? The Owners still run the show. :huh:

The play by play guys do a better job with the referring then the scab refs. Why not just fire all of the scab refs & let the play by play guys decide something they already do anyway ?

Well, can Seattle fans finally let Super Bowl XL go after what happened last night?

Funny how so many posters on this site, and other sites, rip the players against their walk out over money, now miraculously, posters here and elsewhere, are concern for the very players they were demonizing as being greedy. Now the integrity of the Owners are in question, when they never had integrity in the first place. So let us now support the Refs, forget the players and their effort not to get more money, but hold to the original agreement establish previous, even though Owners can break contract of the players at any time.

Yeah, there are a lot of carnal fans here on this site, among other places.

Just imagine if it was Rex Ryan in Mike McCarthy's shoes. The rage that would ensue would be catastrophic.

liTzB.jpg

Imagine if this happened to one of the more respected owners? And not the only team that isn't owned by 100k people.

I'm now wondering how much the old refs were asking for in increases.

Funny how so many posters on this site, and other sites, rip the players against their walk out over money, now miraculously, posters here and elsewhere, are concern for the very players they were demonizing as being greedy.

:confused: The NFL players didn't walk out over money before last season, they got locked out by Rog God and ownership. The NFL hasnt had a player's strike since 1982.

I'm now wondering how much the old refs were asking for in increases.

If I'm recalling right, they basically want to be paid well enough to live off of (plus a lot more). Refs have always had to have another job, and pretty much did NFL reffing for fun/extra money/love of the sport/whatever other reason you can think of.

The NFL also wants them to go from a pension to a 401k. The refs proposed that only new refs get the 401k and the older one get grandfathered in and keep their pensions. Owners/NFL shot that down.

I think the scabs are proving that quality refs are worth the extra money.

You can't keep this going forever. Eventually there's going to be a major backlash from the fans.

If I'm recalling right, they basically want to be paid well enough to live off of (plus a lot more). Refs have always had to have another job, and pretty much did NFL reffing for fun/extra money/love of the sport/whatever other reason you can think of.

The amount that they are asking for amounts to $12,000 more per game.

The fact that the NFL makes 3.3 billion per year I think that is a pittance.

See, I predicted a Ref nailing Ray Rice with a steel chair but it seems the Replacement Refs have already teased a heel turn.

garth.jpg

The amount that they are asking for amounts to $12,000 more per game.

The fact that the NFL makes 3.3 billion per year I think that is a pittance.

Brb learning2referee.

I at least can spot an interception when I see one. :word:

See, I predicted a Ref nailing Ray Rice with a steel chair but it seems the Replacement Refs have already teased a heel turn.

garth.jpg
Psh the refs already turned heel
[YT]TczLm5HN7ug[/YT]

Just wait until Goodell turns face. The crowd will pop so hard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"