2012 NFL thread: Greater than Tom Brady's hair!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smith should have ripped the team a new one after yesterday's victory. Make them go into the bye week with that in their heads.

He probably did. Smith is very fiery.

He is a very angry man, probably the angriest in the league aside from Harbaugh.

Nonetheless it will be interesting to watch Philly-Atl as both teams get a bye next Sunday. Should be a battle.

I'll be shocked if the Eagles will be able to compete with the Falcons. Even after a bye.

Having watched Vick for years, I can say will good confidence that he will either come out and play the game of his life, or just **** up harder than he has all season. Also, Asante Samuel returns to Philly too, I'd be surprised if he didn't end up with a pick.

Having watched Vick for years, I can say will good confidence that he will either come out and play the game of his life, or just **** up harder than he has all season. Also, Asante Samuel returns to Philly too, I'd be surprised if he didn't end up with a pick.

Vick is the Eagles QB... of course there will be a pick :word:

I think it will be a game for the first half, then ATL will shut em down 2nd half. Interesting both teams have a bye this week.

Honestly, Vick is really the least of the Eagles problems.

I'd say the top three problems they have are...

1). Bad offensive line (which ends up causing fumbles, interceptions and sacks on the part of Vick)
2). Poor defensive play calling (which arguably is what caused them to lose the past two games late)
3). Poor head coaching (made evident by their horrible time management and indisciplined play)

t part of Vick)
2). Poor defensive play calling (which arguably is what caused them to lose the past two games late)
3). Poor head coaching (made evident by their horrible time management and indisciplined play)
Agreed. vick is playing poorly this year because he has no confidence in his offensive line any more, causing him to tuck and run rather than move around the pocket and keep his eyes downfield - something he did WAY better at a couple years ago. It's leading directly to his terrible turnover ratio.

all 3 good points. vick is so jekyll and hyde though. especially against the falcons.

I remember watching this game, so I like Goodell here. **** the Saints. :cmad:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_/id/40135/goodell-saints-targeted-panthers-in-2010

“In that game,’’ Goodell wrote. “Three Carolina players were seriously injured: running backs Jonathan Stewart and Tyrell Sutton, who were literally carted off the field with a head/neck and ankle injury, respectively, and quarterback Matt Moore, who was later placed on injured reserve, unable to return for the remainder of the season, with a torn labrum. These all satisfied (defensive coordinator Gregg) Williams’ definition of cart-offs: ‘big hits that resulted in an opposing player leaving the game due to the hit."

I remember watching and I was mad. You can not intentional injure another player. Yes, it's a rough and hard sport, but you cannot intentional do it. You can not pay a bounty/bonus for this. It's a thin line...but you can't cross it, and that ''Saints'' team did. I laugh at their poor record this year.

And then I realize that the Saints may finish higher than Carolina at this rate... -_-

1). Bad offensive line (which ends up causing fumbles, interceptions and sacks on the part of Vick)
Vick played exactly like this in Atlanta towards the end. He is an inconsistent turnover machine with happy feet. Even if Vick had a good line he would still make the same crucial mistakes.

Just minutes ago, it was confirmed that Ray Lewis is done for the season with a torn triceps muscle.

And the look on John Harbaugh's face said, "And there goes my job."

Nah, Harbaugh will be fine. But this is the end of Lewis' career.

I doubt this is the last we've seen of Lewis. No man will be able to stop him if he wants to return, guy is a physical freak.

i dont know what the healing/rehab time frame is for a tricep injury, but he is going to be 38 in May... id say he has 1 more good year, maybe.

Ray's a freak, he made it clear following the game he wouldn't end his career with an injury. If you watched the special they had last week where he talked about knowing when to quit (He subsequently took shots at Favre) he said he had another year left in him. He'll be back next season.

As to Harbaugh, with one of the best coaching records since entering the League, recurring Playoff appearances, & the unfailing support of Newsome & Bisciotti he's set for the foreseeable future.

Ray's the emotional & spiritual leadership of this team, not just the defense but we played pretty damn well without him during that stretch last season. Ngata & Webb concern me a crapload, especially considering the fact that Webb has been one of the most underrated defenders in the League & Ngata's the anchor for that line.

Next man up.

Cleveland Browns Fan Dunks Head In Bucket Of Urine

[YT]beQrShYXknI[/YT]Sad.

It's the equivalent of attending a game, so I suppose it's justified.

not sure how relevant Atlanta radio is when it comes to Baltimore, but they just said Ray's tricep is completely torn and is more than likely never going to play again

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...lewis-biceps-injury-baltimore-ravens/1634765/

According to USA Today, the only way it ends his career is if he chooses not to undergo the surgery & endure the rehab. It's not a 'Can't', he would have to choose not to undergo the surgery.

Guy just totally overhauled himself in the off season just to streamline himself, he's more than capable of doing what's necessary, it's just a question of whether or not he finds it to be his time. If he felt that he couldn't get back to where he wants to be, then he'll say so.

what is the timeline for that type of injury? if he has to miss next season, which i'd doubt, he be coming back at 39 years old, having not played a game in a looong time.

Interesting tidbit.

If the Broncos win tonight, there will only be 2 teams in the AFC with a winning record. Houston and Baltimore.

what is the timeline for that type of injury? if he has to miss next season, which i'd doubt, he be coming back at 39 years old, having not played a game in a looong time.

For your everyday Joe, a severely torn tricep takes 4 - 6 months. With Dr. Andrews & the trainers / regiments available to professional athletes, I'm sure that time could be cut down but since he's already out for the season, he could easily recover in time for next season, if he's willing.

Interesting tidbit.

If the Broncos win tonight, there will only be 2 teams in the AFC with a winning record. Houston and Baltimore.

You thought it was bad when the NFC West sent the 7-9 Sehawks to the playoffs? Watch the Broncos or Chargers make the playoffs at 6-10.

Also, the Browns are still in the postseason hunt, I hope the AFC is so light that they'll end up getting a wild card.

ray could probably play with one arm if he wanted to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"