2012 NFL thread: The Place to get Cutler'd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, it's been one strange day in the NFL. No idea how the night game is going to go tonight, especially after all of today's games and the Cowboys' inexplicable win over the G-Men. But it doesn't matter. You know what does matter?

TODAY PROVED THAT TIM TEBOW DOESN'T MATTER AT ALL!!!!!

Miami could use a fourth Quarterback & they have a slot open on the roster :woot:

And now for NBC's ear-splitting Sunday Night Football intro :o.

Considering how hyped up Carolina's offense was, and the skill level of the Bucs D, I'd call that a punkin'. Seems to me like you guys are still a defense away from being contenders.

Considering that Jonathan Stewart (the essential power-back) was out, it was a home game for The Bucs, and Bucs D had returning veterans from the IR, I fail to see the 'hype' you're referring to.

10-16 is no punking.

They still have a huge gap in the QB position. Once again, they had to play around Smith. Short dump passes. With a competent QB, this team would be UNSTOPPABLE. Instead they are still doing the short little dumps that rely on a talented receiving squad to make plays happen after the catch. Green Bay didn't play in the first half. This should've been a blow out. Loyalty loses. 49ers need an upgrade at QB.

As a huge niners fan I have to agree. Smith needs to step up his game if that's even possible.

On a side note...

Akers ftw!! I love this guy, he saved the team last season numerous times with his field goals.

It is lame though. Having The Voice and VERIZON splashed on there :whatever:

And now for NBC's ear-splitting Sunday Night Football intro :o.
Not gonna lie i love the different intros they give the players, during that opening. i also liked they chose to keep Romo out of it this time, and kept ware. Probably because this time he actually has a backup who could take his job.

And the Steelers can't defend the pass worth a ****.

Considering that Jonathan Stewart (the essential power-back) was out, it was a home game for The Bucs, and Bucs D had returning veterans from the IR, I fail to see the 'hype' you're referring to.

10-16 is no punking.
It's just that a team that's been hyped as the sexy pick of the summer, with most predicting 10-6 or 11-5, they shouldn't be losing to the 32nd ranked defense of last year. What happened to the team that put up 40 against the Bucs both times last year?

Well, that was pretty awesome. You know, I don't know if I can recall a time where I've seen Manning get truly sacked like that. Usually, he either gets rid of it or goes to the ground. Good job, Foote.

Coach Omar Epps :up:.

This Broncos D looks pretty good early on.

Jack Del Rio is the Bronco's D coordinator. The 7th such coach in as many seasons.

Matt is definitely watching this game. Not for the Steelers, but for Del Rio.

It's just that a team that's been hyped as the sexy pick of the summer, with most predicting 10-6 or 11-5, they shouldn't be losing to the 32nd ranked defense of last year. What happened to the team that put up 40 against the Bucs both times last year?

Like Carolina, Tampa had various key injuries on defense. In fact, the Bucs D was ranked in the Top Ten prior to the injuries. The Bucs still got shredded through the air today, but the Run Defense was in top form today. DeAngelo Williams on 6 attempts had -1 yards. Now whether Carolina's O-Line failed the running backs big time, or Tampa's LB core is that good, neither can be confirmed yet but it seems to me that The Bucs D is back after an unfortunate 2011.

Well... Carolina's Offense is pretty high-octane. Take a look at last year's numbers.

94 yards on the ground and 138 yards through the air (kept Vincent Jackson under 50 yards and 4 receptions). Other than a Field Goal, Tampa's was nearly shut out during the second half. I think Carolina's D has improved significantly.

Steelers have the ball for like 9 minutes and get a field goal. Broncos have it for barely a minute and a TD. :csad:

FOR SHAME STEELERS D! :doh:

My fantasy team isn't looking too good, but man I'm happy with how the Bronco's are looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"