Sequels 2014 too soon?

ThatGuy1988

Civilian
Reaction score
I'm just wondering what people think about the speculation of a 2014 release date for MOS 2. Is it too soon or just right?

I personally have worries that a 2014 release date might be to soon and that the final work might feel rushed. Batman Begins came out in 2005 and The Dark Knight didn't come out until 2008. I think that Snyder shouldn't start filming until 2014 and release MOS 2 in 2015, but that's just my opinion.

I also realize that I don't know how Snyder, Nolan, and Goyer think and work, so for all we know they could have been developing ideas for MOS 2 while filming MOS and are now working on a stellar script for the sequel.

What does everyone else think?

MOS was a 6/10 movie for me. I enjoyed it but if the sequel doesn't improve, I'll probably jump off the series. Considering the mixed reaction and WOM of the film, I can't be the only person that feels that way. WB would be wise in not rushing this and to make sure they have a solid script this time around.

With what's happening with legendary pictures, I doubt that it will release in 2014, they haven't even done the script.

From looking at Zack Snyder's IMDB page, it seems he doesn't have anything else going on after 300: Rise of an Empire, which is almost finished. So he could either get started on MOS 2 now or take his time.

I've also heard that it's WB studios that wants a 2014 release. He might have different plans. Hopefully WB doesn't drop him because he wants to wait a year or two before working on MOS 2.

I liked MOS, but felt that it had too much action and could have developed the characters a little better and have more humour. I'm happy for Snyder to return.

I doubt they will hit 2014 unless they get started right now and film in January.
And don't you people dare complain about action. Keep in mind that now the origin story is out of the way. Hell we don't even have to deal with the secret id with Lois.

The action was great. This is how every Superman movie should be from now on. And I like how Lois knows who Clarke really is. Hopefully we'll see this affect her in later movies instead of just having her as Superman's girlfriend.

Hollywood does this all the time. They will say a date that sounds close in order to keep the fans excited who just saw the film and want the sequel soon. Mark my words. In a few months, we will get a reprt that the film has been "pushed back" to 2015, as if that wasn't their intention to begin with.

I agree with 2015.. Christmas release date is my choice. Looks like Movie Web has MOS 2 set for 2015 also ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"