2015 Major League Baseball Thread: Fire Sale! - Part 2

Thread Manager

Reaction score
This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]473583[/split]

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]455255[/split]

Last edited by a moderator:
This is smelling more like 2000 than 1986... :csad:

I have to give credit to the Royals and how they battle.

Last night was a REALLY brutal loss, absolutely devastated.

Harvey needs to earn his nickname tonight. He needs to at least be able to go 7 innings. Then i would like to see Colon for the 8th...no more Clipperd!

I really can't see the Mets coming back from this....but anything is possible.

Right now I just don't want them to clinch on our field. I'll worry about the rest later.

What a disaster.

And after the game Harvey pitched...

Congrats to the Royals.

All you Mets fans need to keep your head high! You have a great team and could see yourself back next year!

Innings 1-8
Mets: "Hey, guys, we're doing great! WE'RE STILL IN THIS!!!"
Mets: *diarrhea running down the bedspread*

Good Gawd.

The way our infield played is absolutely embarrassing. Knew the game was over once Lucas Duda threw the ball away...game ending double play, and he just blew it.

Harvey pitched a fantastic game, he deserved a better outcome.

Just an unbelievable end.

Because I got to be cliche:

[YT]nlcIKh6sBtc[/YT]

How could the Mets continue playing a catcher who couldn't throw out a baserunner to save his life? It was just laughable at how easy the Royals could steal bases and not even really have a throw close to getting them.

Brutal loss after brutal loss. Way it goes.

Congratulations Royals. You were the better team.

How could the Mets continue playing a catcher who couldn't throw out a baserunner to save his life? It was just laughable at how easy the Royals could steal bases and not even really have a throw close to getting them.

yeah d'Arnuad doesnt generate enough offense to make up for the fact that he couldn't throw out your grandmother trying to steal second. Basically every time a Royal except Perez got on base from the 7th inning on, they were pretty much awarded second base by default.

Defensively the Mets were just brutal. Murphy's gaffes and then Duda's terrible throw home being the most glaring examples.

Mets were a team that played over their heads really all year, and boy did they come crashing down to Earth.

The Royals are just relentless, and they're still so young and mostly under contract for multiple years. They're going to be a nuisance to the rest of us for a LONG time.

also this is a great sports photo

1501300717244714670.jpg

Listen, I don't want to take anything away from the Royals. I know they are a great baseball team but let's be real here. The Mets lost that series more than the Royals won it. The Mets had KC dead to rights in games 1, 4, 5 and blew them out in game 3. That series was there for the taking.

Mets fans are bugging out here in NY today and I can't blame them. That is a brutal way to end the series. I won't kill Terry Collins as many are. I would have sent Harvey out there for the 9th too. I just didn't like how he handled the bullpen in the series. He had 2 starters in his bullpen and didn't use them as nearly as long in relief as he should have. Clippard should have never been in Game 4.

Listen, I don't want to take anything away from the Royals. I know they are a great baseball team but let's be real here. The Mets lost that series more than the Royals won it. The Mets had KC dead to rights in games 1, 4, 5 and blew them out in game 3. That series was there for the taking.

This is like the worst subjective fan coping trope ever created.

Let's get real. Most outcomes in sports are determined by the team that makes the fewer mistakes. If an offense scores a TD in football, someone on the defense missed or was unable to finish an assignment. If a goal is scored in hockey, there was a defensive breakdown on the other team. In baseball, a homerun is 99 times out of 100 a mistake by the catcher/pitcher.

Saying the "Mets lost it more than the Royals won it" is laughable. Yes, the Royals took advantage of the fact that the Mets made more mistakes, but that's what good teams do. Not only do they by and large make a lot less mistakes, they take advantage when another team screws up. The Mets are an average defensive team, and the right side of their infield is especially suspect. That got exposed badly over the last 3 games. As did the Mets bullpen.

The Mets didnt lose out of some sense of charity, they lost because the Royals were a far better team who got a lot of timely hits and who took advantage of the Mets mistakes.

I rarely make that statement but I kinda agree with it in this particular series. The Mets just gave it away. Too many errors on their part for it not to be considered otherwise. That isn't to say that The Royals didn't deserve it BUT New York seemed to be the definition of Murphy's Law whenever something transpired against them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"