2015 Major League Baseball Thread: Fire Sale! - Part 2

Games 4 and 5 were downright horrendous. The Royals were better than the Mets and I think were going to win, but the Mets handed them those last 2 games which, credit to the Royals, they took without hesitation. The Mets weren't supposed to get to the World Series, and they played like it.

The Royals hit better. They were amazing with two strikes.

Hats off the Royals. They were the better team in the series.

This was just brutal for Mets fans. You look at just how close this could have been the Mets' series.

Familia doesn't give up the home run (after playing light out the second half of the season), Mets win game 1.
Ball doesn't go under Murphy's glove, Mets might win game 4.
Duda throws a normal throw to the plate, the runner is out by a mile, Mets win game 5.

Sigh, this is what it's like to be a Met fan.

That said, at the beginning of the year, we never would have expected being in the World Series. It has been a fun wild ride!

It's just hard to see that today... :csad:

ESPN announced Royals and Mets will play each other in the opening games of the regular season in KC.

also this is a great sports photo

1501300717244714670.jpg

Damn, this is a perfect shot. Effectively captures the misery and feelings of despair.

Congrats to the Royals.

This is like the worst subjective fan coping trope ever created.

Let's get real. Most outcomes in sports are determined by the team that makes the fewer mistakes. If an offense scores a TD in football, someone on the defense missed or was unable to finish an assignment. If a goal is scored in hockey, there was a defensive breakdown on the other team. In baseball, a homerun is 99 times out of 100 a mistake by the catcher/pitcher.

Saying the "Mets lost it more than the Royals won it" is laughable. Yes, the Royals took advantage of the fact that the Mets made more mistakes, but that's what good teams do. Not only do they by and large make a lot less mistakes, they take advantage when another team screws up. The Mets are an average defensive team, and the right side of their infield is especially suspect. That got exposed badly over the last 3 games. As did the Mets bullpen.

The Mets didnt lose out of some sense of charity, they lost because the Royals were a far better team who got a lot of timely hits and who took advantage of the Mets mistakes.
It's right up there with "I think we were the better team" , said Matt Leinart after USC was defeated by Texas in 2005.

Yeah. If you were the better team, you would have won.

The Royals recipe all season was to pressure the other team mercilessly. That kind of constant pressure makes other teams make mistakes. That's the point. The Mets played some good baseball in this series and to just dismiss them as a bunch of bafoons not only devalues what the Royals did it also devalues the effort the Mets gave in this series. The Royals were behind at one point in all 5 games. The reason they won 4 of them is their pitching (The Royals) kept the Mets in check while they pressed and pressed and pressed on offence. None of these games were won or lost prior to the 7th inning. That should mean something. Both teams played well in each of these games, but the Royals made the Mets defend, for 27 outs, not one of them "easy". It took a toll on a lower quality defensive team, and it showed. The Royals roll out the MLB version of a fast break offence. Always coming at you, making you HAVE to make plays. Never excepting the easy out, putting the ball in play.

Strange. Not too long ago he was a top prospect for the Braves and had nearly unhittable stuff.

Catastrophic organ failure at 29 just doesnt happen by itself. Something else has to be at play here.

And now the Braves are rumored to be looking to trade Andrelton Simmons.

any one want a new fan for their team?

And now the Braves are rumored to be looking to trade Andrelton Simmons.

any one want a new fan for their team?

You can come aboard with my team, just don't jinx it. :o

Pirates? I liked them anyways. I wanted them in the series this year.

The PIT... took that as Pittsburgh

I'll gladly jinx the Giants though.

Well...Andrelton Simmons is no longer a brave

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985