2016/2017 NHL Thread: This is pucked up

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Incredible Hulk

Bad Hombre
Reaction score
penscupwin.jpg

First off, Congrats to the uh *deep breath* Pittsburgh Penguins on their fourth Stanley Cup Championship

Free agency starts today July 1st, at Noon EDT, and with it the official dawn of a new league season.....

Will Phil Kessel fill the Stanley Cup with hot dogs?

Can the Pens repeat?

How many hilariously bad contracts will Jim Benning hand out?

Why does HNIC keep changing hosts?

What the hell is the team in Las Vegas going to be called?

Will the San Jose Sharks be teal enough?

Is this the year a Canadian team finally hoists the Cup makes the Playoffs?

Is Auston Matthews the real deal?

The answers to these questions and more, coming soon!

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking forward to seeing Shea Weber in that Habs jersey. :yay:

Those 7 year deals are just bad bad bad... I smell buyouts in four or five years lol

I like Calgary's moves... good back up goalie at a great cost, and a good gritty player that comes in thru the clutch for four years at a reasonable cost...

Ladd and Tavares will make a great pairing...

Lucic is an awesome signing.

I doubt it. Lucic is the kind of player that the Oilers desperately need. He's a bruiser and he can score goals. The Oilers have been too soft for too long.

I doubt it. Lucic is the kind of player that the Oilers desperately need. He's a bruiser and he can score goals. The Oilers have been too soft for too long.

I didn't say it was a bad signing... he's currently a great player that most teams would love to have... tough guy, goal scorer... like you said.

All I said that seven years is too long for a player like him...

Eriksson is a good player, but I don't see how he fits into where the Canucks want to go strategically right now.

Looks like the Blues have no clue what to do, ****ing Army has to go.

Good lord, I heard a rumour Vancouver is going to try to trade for Evander Kane. Keep that toxic element out of my team, thank you very much. Kane in our lineup would basically turn the Canucks into the pro wrestling villains of the NHL.

No plan other then to tread water.

That's what I'm afraid of; from a management perspective, the Canucks becoming basically what the Leafs were circa 2003-2014, a team with no real identity and with no long-term goals.

That's what I'm afraid of; from a management perspective, the Canucks becoming basically what the Leafs were circa 2003-2014, a team with no real identity and with no long-term goals.

Definitely not an organization you want to emulate during that period.

Speaking of the Canucks, I read a report that said they're talking heavily with Colorado for either Barrie or Landeskog.

Speaking of the Canucks, I read a report that said they're talking heavily with Colorado for either Barrie or Landeskog.

Now THOSE are acquisitions I can get behind, but I can't imagine either of them are going to come cheaply.

No plan other then to tread water.

That's got to be infuriating as a fanbase. I'd rather they sell off the Sedins for prospects at this point and start over. Eriksson is just duct tape at this point to maintain them finishing somewhere between 7th and 12th in the conference.

That's got to be infuriating as a fanbase. I'd rather they sell off the Sedins for prospects at this point and start over. Eriksson is just duct tape at this point to maintain them finishing somewhere between 7th and 12th in the conference.

For dumb fans who don't look past the next season, they love **** like this. For me, not that I'm a hockey expert, I don't see the value in it. I have no problem in signing a player as a "respectability rental" to keep the team competitive during the rebuilding process (I am not a fan of Oiler-tanking to build a team) but locking up Erkisson for 6 years in the age of the salary cap, I just don't know what that adds to the team long-term, other than to use Eriksson for trade bait late next season or the one after.

That stated, if the rumours are true and the Canucks get Tyson Barrie, holy ****, that becomes a whole different game for us.

so does anyone care about the upcoming World Cup?

anyone?

Bueller?

hello?

*crickets*

so does anyone care about the upcoming World Cup?

anyone?

Bueller?

hello?

*crickets*

It's no fun when the Hype generally has members from just 2 hockey countries (rounding up, of course: I count the United States of America as a half). I remember back in the good old days when this website was like 70% Finnish.

I find events like this World Cup to be boring initially, and I might get excited once it starts...

:csad:

Problem I have with it is its basically just an NHL gimmick this time around with no buy in from any of the National hockey federations. That's why you don't see the normal national hockey logos on any of the uniforms.

Yeah, I don't really care about the World Cup at all. Just bring on the new NHL season. I want to see my boys win it all again.

(I acknowledge of course that there is only a 0.0000000002 percent chance of that happening, but I can dream, can't I?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"