2016 Major League Baseball Thread: The Final Insult

With the Yankees out of it, I'm rooting for the Cubs to win it all.

Glad for the Mets but more so glad for Terry Collins. He gets questioned quite often in NY. Is he one of the best managers in baseball, no. But he's really good. The job he did with that team this year considering all of the players they lost is quite remarkable.

I'll say!

Murphy (not re-signed)
Wright
Harvey
de Gromm
Matz
Wheeler (never returned)
Walker
Flores

Not to mention those with long stints on the DL

Duda
Cespedes
Cabrera

It's amazing! They're the walking wounded, but have been playing the best baseball since the end of August.

Let's go Mets tonight!!

Yes! Let's go Mets!

Come on, Mets. Getting the old rally cap out tonight.

That was a good game last night. Hoping to see something similar tonight with Giants/Mets.

I really like the Mets tonight. A 1 game playoff, I really feel like they can beat anyone. A short series, they will be screwed.

the mighty Thor will descend to take on the High Priest of ********, Madbum

Tough. Much respect to Bumgarner. I knew once Thor was out and he was still in we were in big trouble.

How you guys feeling now? lol

Disappointed, but not unexpected.

Familia is not the same when he's not in a save situation. The best thing was to hold them scoreless with runners on and have Bumgarner's turn in the lineup come up and hopefully have him pinch hit for. Then get the third out and hope the Mets could score against whoever was put in relief. But, Famila gave up the homerun, thus leaving Bumgarner in, so it was over.

Honestly, it was a credit that the Mets made it this far with all the injuries they suffered, particularly their starting rotation.

Bigly disappointed. Granted they probably shouldn't have gotten here, but BOY if that didn't hurt.

Conor Gillaspie. Ugh.

Great win by the Dodgers tonight. Their bullpen really stepped it up and held the 1 run lead until the end. Kershaw gave up 3 runs but I think he will pitch better next time.

Cubs win! 10 more and Chicago will burn to the ground :funny:

Unlike football, I have a tough time getting into the playoffs when my team isn't playing. I'm searching for a team to root for.

As a Yankees fan, I hate the Red Sox. But when someone like Ortiz plays their final game, you have nothing but respect.

Still hoping for an Indians/Cubs World Series.

I'm rooting for the Indians. For whatever reason I don't like the Blue Jays.

No more Giants in the World Series......they've gone (and won) every even numbered World Series this decade (10, 12 and 14).

Also so glad that last year, the New York Mets ended the Giants-Cardinals World Series dominance. It seemed like it was going to go like this:

2010- Giants
2011- Cardinals
2012- Giants
2013- Cardinals
2014- Giants

And then alternate every year for the rest of the decade. It already got very boring when the Giants went back there in 2014.

Ughhhhhhhhh.... F***ing Bochy.

Though, considering the second half of the season they've had, them blowing their lead in the ninth is fitting.

These Cubbies might do it, man. We'll have The Great Chicago Fire 2.0 if it happens, but hey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"