2017/2018 NHL thread: Capital WON

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Incredible Hulk

Bad Hombre
Reaction score
hi-res-1109930329901607c5651c35aebaee81_crop_north.jpg

First off, Congrats to the uh *chokes back vomit* Pittsburgh Penguins on their second consecutive Stanley Cup Championship

Free agency started July 1st, at Noon EDT, and with it the official dawn of a new league season.....

Will Phil Kessel once again fill the Stanley Cup with hot dogs?

Can the Pens threepeat?

Is this the worst free agent crop ever?

Is Don Cherry still alive?

How bad will the Vegas Golden Knights actually be?

Will the San Jose Sharks be teal enough?

Will a team from Canada ever win a Cup?

Is Jaromir Jagr going to play until he's 50?

The answers to these questions and more, coming soon!

Last edited by a moderator:
Summary of major free agent signing so far:

Boyle to NJ

Justin Williams to CAR

Ryan Miller to ANA

Bonino to NAS

Dan Girardi and Kunitz to TB

Patrick Sharpe back to CHI

Elliott to PHI

Mason and Kulikov to WPG

Alzner to MTL

Shattenkirk and Pavelec to NYR

Bernier to COL

Hainsey and Marleau to TOR

Del Zotto, Gagner, and Burmistrov to VAN (????)

Hanzal to DAL

Daley to DET

Vrbata to FLA

Cammalleri to LA

Niemi to PIT

Last edited:
Radulov to DAL for 5/31.25....

That's funny in both how much Dallas overpaid and that the Habs let one of their better players walk haha

McDavid signed his contract extension.

Yesssssssss.

I'll miss Bonino. Hope he has a good run in Nashville though.

Flyers have signed Greg Goldberg to a 10 year contract

jhpo5x.jpg

Vegas Golden Knights picked up Bruins Radio Voice Dave Goucher for their TV Broadcasts. I'm going to miss his golden pipes.

[YT]f7Vs6rqOX_Y[/YT]

Please resign Tavares. Please resign Tavares. Please resign Tavares. Please resign Tavares. Please resign Tavares. Please resign Tavares. Please resign Tavares. Please resign Tavares. Please resign Tavares. Please resign Tavares. Please resign Tavares. Please resign Tavares. Please resign Tavares. Please resign Tavares. Please resign Tavares. Please resign Tavares. Please resign Tavares. Please resign Tavares. Please resign Tavares. Please resign Tavares. Please resign Tavares. Please resign Tavares. Please resign Tavares. Please resign Tavares. Please resign Tavares. Please resign Tavares. Please resign Tavares. Please resign Tavares. Please resign Tavares. Please resign Tavares. Please resign Tavares. Please resign Tavares. Please resign Tavares. Please resign Tavares. Please resign Tavares. Please resign Tavares. Please resign Tavares. Please resign Tavares. Please resign Tavares. Please resign Tavares. Please resign Tavares. Please resign Tavares. Please resign Tavares. Please resign Tavares. Please resign Tavares. Please resign Tavares. Please resign Tavares. Please resign Tavares. Please resign Tavares. Please resign Tavares. Please resign Tavares. Please resign Tavares. Please resign Tavares. Please resign Tavares. Please resign Tavares. Please resign Tavares. Please resign Tavares. Please resign Tavares. Please resign Tavares. Please resign Tavares. Please resign Tavares. Please resign Tavares. Please resign Tavares. Please resign Tavares. Please resign Tavares. Please resign Tavares. Please resign Tavares. Please resign Tavares. Please resign Tavares. Please resign Tavares. Please resign Tavares. Please resign Tavares. Please resign Tavares. Please resign Tavares. Please resign Tavares. Please resign Tavares. Please resign Tavares. Please resign Tavares. Please resign Tavares. Please resign Tavares. Please resign Tavares. Please resign Tavares. Please resign Tavares. Please resign Tavares.

Another California team trolling the Canucks. :yay:

^^^ Wait til Seattle gets a team haha

One of my best friends is a die-hard Canucks fan and this is problem the thing he fears most in the world.

I don't see it affecting much. It's like anything else.. people will jump on the bandwagon, or they won't. At the end of the day the Canucks need to continue to rebuild and get back to being a competitive team.

What's the over/under on the Oilers making the finals this year?

And where do people think the Golden Knights will finish? I think they end up near the bottom. They have a wealth of talent, but I'm skeptical that they will be a competitive team this year (at least not consistently competitive).

I don't see it affecting much. It's like anything else.. people will jump on the bandwagon, or they won't. At the end of the day the Canucks need to continue to rebuild and get back to being a competitive team.

What's the over/under on the Oilers making the finals this year?

And where do people think the Golden Knights will finish? I think they end up near the bottom. They have a wealth of talent, but I'm skeptical that they will be a competitive team this year (at least not consistently competitive).

They'll be lucky to win 18 games imo

They'll be lucky to win 18 games imo

yeah I was thinking they'd be like the Sharks were back in 1991, the first expansion team in a good while, and they only won 17 games that first year. Then again this is the cap era so VGK was able to get a hold of some players of a caliber that never would've hit previous expansion drafts.

I'd say 16-20 wins is still probably reasonable.

Last edited:
I know it's only preseason but what a start for the Ducks...

Season starts next week. Anyone want to make any predictions so we can laugh at you come June?

I'm curious how Nico and Nolan compare with one another this season since there was the big debate about the two leading up to the draft.

^^^ Can we start laughing at you now? :cwink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"