2017 NFL Draft Discussion

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Kaleb, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Galactus10 Registered

I think all the NFC East teams did a great job in the Draft.

DAL- Charlton is a specimen. May take him some time to develop and polish but a good investment. Both DBs they took are athletic, crafty and dangerous.

NYG- Even more beef up front with Dalvin Tomlinson- smart guy and very disruptive. Procured their wannabe version of Jordan Reed and a nice project QB to possibly replace Eli in several seasons

PHI- A strong edge rusher who fits their defensive mold and scored a top CB at 46. Taking the risk could prove to be a huge boom. Also drafted another highly talented, in your face DB with size to bolster an area of weakness.

WSH- Amazing value nabbing the best interior push rusher in the Draft. Added another OLB thumper who is one mean cuss and 1st rounder's teammate. Blazing fast cover corner in the 3rd round.

Obviously, there are pros and cons to each selection as with every pick in the Draft but some really good talent drafted.

2. JewishHobbit Registered

Super happy with the Bengals draft so far. With Ross, Mixon, and Willis... Cincinnati picked up three 1st round prospects. I was cautious about Ross at first but have really grown to like the pick after the next two were made. He will peel a defender or two off the box which helps the O-line and running game.

And I know there's going to be a lot of hate about Mixon, but I was rooting for him to fall to us in the 2nd and got my wish. Despite Pacman's ridiculousness, the Bengals' locker room is very much a family environment and a great place for him to keep his nose clean. Lot of guys with high character. It'd be better of Pacman were let go... but I don't see that happen. So guys like A.J. Green need to take him under their wing and help mold him.

And while I'm not that familiar with Willis, I know he had 1st round grades by several experts and he was a position of high need, so I'll take it.

I'm liking the look of that offense:

Dalton
    A.J. Green
    John Ross
    Tyler Eifert
    Joe Mixon
    Giovanni Bernard

Not to mention that we also have Erickson who was the top return man in the AFC last year. Tyler Boyd and LaFell were both really starting to click with Dalton in the last quarter or so of the year last season. Jeremy Hill is coming into a contract year and will be pushed (if he's not traded) so he can hopefully improve. I'd like to see him used at the goal line myself. He sucks at getting yards, but he's a touchdown machine.

3. JewishHobbit Registered

I can't say I've paid much attention to Baltimore's draft, but Pittsburgh and Cleveland are having a great draft as well. Regarding Pittsburgh, JuJu was a bit of a head scratcher, but as a Bengals fan I hate that they got Watt and Conner. I really liked Conner and wanted to root for him, but now I have to hope he sucks :(

And the Browns... my god! They've always been my #2 team as a fan of underdogs and it's so awesome to see them drafting so well this year. I'll definitely be rooting for them 14 weeks of the year.

4. STARMAN Rebel With A Cause

Was initially disappointed the Jets took another safety considering all their needs but am more accepting of it today.

Like the pick of Stewart.

Our roster is so bad we could get a contributor in the 4th round.

5. Boom I got nothin'

AFC North is drafting lights out.

6. JewishHobbit Registered

Hoping for Lawson with our first pick today but don't expect him to be there. I'd like to see them package some of these picks and move up to get him. What do we have... 9 today?

7. Kaleb 2010 & 2018 SHHFFL Champion

I did like the pick of Jamal Adams (even though strong safeties shouldn't go that high imo)the 2nd round pick of Safety Marcus Maye was a bit of a head scratcher,but I hear they are planning on trading Calvin Pryor.

8. Kaleb 2010 & 2018 SHHFFL Champion

A few teams have taken Lawsons name off their board due to health concern with the longevity of his knee.

9. terry78 LET'S FOSSILIZE 'EM!

Somebody is gonna snatch Chad Kelly up in a minute.

10. Kaleb 2010 & 2018 SHHFFL Champion

DeDe to the Jags is a surprise

11. Kaleb 2010 & 2018 SHHFFL Champion

Lawson to the Bengals

12. JewishHobbit Registered

I actually don't know anything about him but saw that he was the top DE left on several boards. Glad we got him.

13. JewishHobbit Registered

Next I'm hoping for a decent TE. Maybe Bucky Hodges.

14. Kaleb 2010 & 2018 SHHFFL Champion

He's really good, probably should have gone in late 1st rd.

15. Kaleb 2010 & 2018 SHHFFL Champion

Rams draft has been confusing,they took a Gerald Everett a TE who probably could have been taken a few rds later, and took a wr Josh Reynolds who probably should have been taken a few rounds earlier.

16. Dr. Evil Registered

Josh Dobbs to Pittsburgh.

17. Boom I got nothin'

As a Bengals fan, not happy about that at all. He has a high ceiling, especially sitting behind Roethlisberger.

18. Wheels Eat my shorts

Well, as a Steelers fan, let me say that the Browns and Bengals are doing really well in the draft. I'm going to have to be straight up and say I don't like Cincy's work out warrior from the first round. Feel pretty good about our picks as well.

19. Kaleb 2010 & 2018 SHHFFL Champion

I think its unfair to call John Ross a ''workout warrior'',he's more than just a speedy wr,actually knows how to run routes and get separation.

I do think it was a mistake for him to get taken that high though.

20. JeetKuneDo Guitarist

21. Dr. Evil Registered

The NFL Network broadcast of the draft can be maddening at times. Dave Damescheck is annoying and they don't need to go to social media every five minutes.

22. JewishHobbit Registered

If that's true, then our first 4 picks were all 1st rounders or had 1st round upside. I'll take that.

23. Kaleb 2010 & 2018 SHHFFL Champion

yeah (imo)if it were not for the off field issues,Joe Mixon would have gone in the top 15,much better runningback than Cook

24. Wheels Eat my shorts

The AFC North as a whole did well and the Skins and the Bucs impressed me with their haul.

25. Rowsdower! Registered

Not familir with Dobbs but the experts sound really high on him. I think this could be a good move because if his ceiling is as high as some are saying, then he can sit behind Ben for about 5-8 games before Ben's annual injury, then get 1-3 games of playing time, and perhaps be ready to start next season if Ben retires. And if he doesn't look like potential starter material, then next year they can address it in the draft.