2017 NFL Thread: Finale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give it up, Commish. Matt just s*** on you right there.

Dude, just stop. You're making a fool of yourself.

"Sports memorabilia people." I assume you are talking about the dealers? You do realize they are not the ones getting ripped off. The consumers are. Manning and other folks within the Giants organization are selling items, they know to be counterfeit, to the fans. Whether it be second hand or directly, they are putting a product on the market that they know is not what it purports to be, so people can spend their hard earned money on it. You know what that is called? Fraud.

And the victims aren't these shady "sports memorabilia" boogiemen that you are now falling back on to admit that you're wrong. Its the person who walks into a sports shop and throws down $1,000+ that they saved up so they can buy a helmet worn by their favorite player. It is little old grandma, who spends her entire social security check to buy her grandson a game used football for his birthday. THOSE are the victims of MANNING'S fraud.

And to pass the buck to "sports memorabilia people" here is disingenuous at best. These are items being sold either to vendors or the consumer directly by the Giants organization. No one has any reason to doubt the authenticity of these items. "Sports memorabilia people" aren't ripping anyone off here. If they are the ones selling this (and it may be the Giants organization directly, I'm not sure), they are merely selling what they have been told, by the team itself, is game used equipment. The Giants are perpetrating fraud. Not "sports memorabilia people." Eli Manning has participated in these fraudulent acts. Not the "sports memorabilia people."

Your attempt to try to pass the buck rather than just say your initial response was wrong is laughable.

OK I WAS WRONG

I dont care about people getting ripped off

I care that Eli bought my team rings

and his level of s***y is easier to digest than some other s**t things that players get involved in

Last edited:
I'd rather be in Commish's spot rooting for Eli then where I'm at with my QB. Not caring about people getting ripped off though? Yeesh.

Last edited:
I'd rather be in Commish's spot rooting for Eli then where I'm at with my QB. Not caring about people getting ripped off though? Yeesh.

harsh, yes

but my personal feelings about the sports memorabilia world are a whole other thread

I've hated the Giants ever since Leonard Marshall knocked out Joe Montana with that dirty hit to the back.

I get a lot of dirty looks when I mention that I'm a Steelers fan. They always bring up Ben. Part of me will be glad when he's gone.

So he died a scum bag also screwing over his own daughter of that money he used for his defense

Well, he wasn't innocent obviously.

Im partly living in Pats country (CT) and the couple Pats fans I know don't even want to talk about it

2017 schedule

17952756_10155256240086617_5432921849053414801_n.jpg

England must think we're punishing them for something.

Well, the draft is coming up soon. I've always been a BIG fan of draft day (I'm a Raider fan so since the fiasco against Tampa Bay and until recently, it's all I've had to look forward to). When they used to have it on the weekend, I'd get up in the morning with my mock draft, make a big spread of food, drink mimosas and compare my predictions to the draft.

Now, I go home with my mock draft, make a big spread of food, drink margaritas and compare my predictions to the draft.....It's been a big change for me, but I've gotten used to it.

So, anyone want to guess on the 1st 5 or 10 picks? I think the Browns may trade down from #1 and the Titans will get Adams (if he's there....not a lock by any means) or a Hooker or maybe Lattimore with the pick they STOLE from the Rams. I was reading some guy saying they'd go tight end....right.....

By the way, Osweiler isn't worth that penny and if I were Houston, I'd steal Colin.

Given the fact that Tyler Eifert hasn't played a full season since 2013, and considering that he just had a disc removed from his back, I'm thinking the Bengals end of taking OJ Howard at #9. Eifert is legit when he's on the field, but he is constantly plagued with injuries and I don't see the Bengals giving him the elite money he'll be asking for next year. So it won't shock me if they take his replacement next Thursday night.

Also, I'm thinking the Bengals pull the trigger on Joe Mixon if he is there at #41.

Those would be two solid picks. I can't wait to see how Marvin ruins them.

Those would be two solid picks. I can't wait to see how Marvin ruins them.
He'll have Pacman Jones mentor Joe Mixon on how to not learn from past mistakes and to continue being a ****ing moron. Marvin will then look the other way.

He'll have Pacman Jones mentor Joe Mixon on how to not learn from past mistakes and to continue being a ****ing moron. Marvin will then look the other way.

Sounds like a plan! Mike Brown will be so impressed that he'll extend Marvin's contract for another 100 years.

Damn....The Bengal boys are hard.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"