2018 NFL Thread: Marrying Your Cousins

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Saints are going to commit war crimes against the Bengals on Sunday. Yikes. I may not even bother watching it. The last thing I need is to be called in as a witness.
Yep, it might get ugly very quickly, especially with Lawson and Green missing time.

Yep, it might get ugly very quickly, especially with Lawson and Green missing time.
There's no "might" about it. No AJ Green to stretch the field on offense, and the defense gets killed in the middle of the field. Brees will feast on the inside routes all day long, and Kamara will run all over them.

:lmao::lmao: Nobody should be excited for tonight's game

Great to see Dallas missed a field goal after a effective great first drive.

I swear, the Tennessee Titans looks like the Toronto Argonauts.

Best now for the Titans to eat up clock, move the chains, and score a touchdown to increase the lead.

:lmao::lmao: Nobody should be excited for tonight's game

Why exactly?

It was a great dramatic close exciting game that the Titans won 28-14 since after a rusty start they outplayed the Cowboys which includes 79 percent conversion for 3rd downs, and the Cowboys the accident waiting to happen as Stephen A Smith calls them is what happened.

A valiant impressive needed win for the Titans.

Im
Doesn't matter, Josh is not that much better...he just has a cannon of an arm, that many are left admiring of. His accuracy is slightly better than Peterman, with better legs. After four long years from now, the Bills & everyone else will final reach the conclusion that he is no more than a glorified backup QB, much suited to come off the bench, to maybe spark a team with his legs...knowing that's not sustainable week to week.
I’ll give Allen a full season and a better OL before I start judging. He has nothing on that offense. Not fair to start questioning his abilities.

This is where I suspect East Coast Bias come into play. I have seen Josh when he played at Wyoming, for the rooten tooten Cowboys. He is a very overrated QB. He has accuracy issues, slow on reading coverages, and a number of bad decisions in college. I've seen nothing that has change in the few games he has played with the Bills. So I wouldn't put all of this misplaced blame on the line. He has had time, on many occasions, to make throws & plays; and has been average at best, as far as, ratio between good play & bad plays he had made, in that scenario.

The fact is, he has a cannon of an arm that many are admiring of, he shows flashes of being a good QB, so many believe he can be tweaked & groomed, and the playmaking ability with his legs. The problem he had at Wyoming & currently with Buffalo is his accuracy & decision making. We know he has a cannon of an arm; but, he struggles with throwing the out...which is a timing pass. He shows flashed when throwing across the middle; but, because of his cannon, at times, he throws high, leading to his inaccuracies & turnovers...as well as, misreads & bad decisions, when trying to force the ball into coverages, in the middle of the field. Sometimes when he make that throw, analyst put him in the HoF; but more often than not, he misses, overshooting, slightly behind, or trying to squeeze it in. That's bad decision making, cause he so convinced he can make that throw. The problem is either he didn't pick up the coverage or didn't look off the defender, or some combination of both...i tend to think it more recognizing coverage, because he do look defenders off many times.

The problem with the Bills, he is a working project....I'm not convinced the Bills has anyone on staff, that can properly groom & tutor him. He has the tangibles; but, he is sooo raw, because his level of opposition...and now we seeing that with the Bills & being in the NFL, if one look at it honestly, he's really not ready.

That's what I see as of right now...nothing has changed with him since college & not sure the Bills is developing him properly, like he needs.

Last edited:
So after Thursday I am trying to have faith and trust what Gruden is doing but it's going to be hard. I just think we had the proper building blocks already in place. But there is no use crying over spilled milk. We'll be fine it's just going to take another decade.

So after Thursday I am trying to have faith and trust what Gruden is doing but it's going to be hard. I just think we had the proper building blocks already in place. But there is no use crying over spilled milk. We'll be fine it's just going to take another decade.

What do you think of Derek Carr? I feel like ever since he got hurt, he seems like he's scared to make big plays. 5-10 yard passes is all I see from him lately. And some of those passes aren't even hitting the mark.

It sucks, I like the guy, and I hope by next season he gets it turned around. He's not the only problem with the Raiders, obviously... so many more problems, but he hasn't been very consistent this season.

What do you think of Derek Carr? I feel like ever since he got hurt, he seems like he's scared to make big plays. 5-10 yard passes is all I see from him lately. And some of those passes aren't even hitting the mark.

It sucks, I like the guy, and I hope by next season he gets it turned around. He's not the only problem with the Raiders, obviously... so many more problems, but he hasn't been very consistent this season.
I fully agree with you. He came back a changed man after getting hurt. And our o-line isn't doing him any favors either. I just hope we do good this draft because we're going to have some high picks.

I have a new found respect for Kevin Byard after what he did to the Dallas Cowboys star.

The Steelers are absolutely destroying the Panthers. 52-14 at the time of this posting, and still all of the 4th to play. So much for the Panthers being a legit threat. :eek:

My prediction the Titans make a impressive terrific statement defeating the Patriots in a exciting wonderful unforgettable dramatic close game 28-21, the Titans win TOP mostly with Mariota throwing the football, Mariota runs when needed, also Henry and Lewis are a 2 headed Monster that combine for more than 120 yards running, the Titans play a full great game, Mariota runs for a touchdown, Mariota throws 2 touchdowns, and Henry runs for a touchdown.

Todd Bowles might be a nice man but he's not a good football coach. The Jets got destroyed at home by the Bills 41-10. They were DOA as soon as the game started.

Gregg Williams is 1-1 as Browns interim coach. Only took him 2 games to get a W. Took Hue almost a year :o

Hue nevered had QB...and when he got one, he won one game as well...not saying much; but, we know Cleveland has been a QB's graveyard.

Yes, but even still, no coach in the history of the NFL had a worse era than he did in Cleveland. The NFL has had bad teams all throughout that history, as well. Many of whom also had no QBs to work with. But they won more. Funny how that works.

Yeah, no doubt, he has had a bad tenure, if not the worst. Just saying, between the comparison with Williams...Hue would probably have had a number of wins had he had either Tyrod or Mayfield, from the beginning.

I'm talking to myself but I just need to vent about the pathetic Jets. Look at the last couple of years, 5-11, 5-11, and probably 5-11 this year. He's a defensive coach who's defense is nothing special. He's not an offensive guru who's going to develop Donald. He's not a good in game strategist. He's not good with clock management and big in game decisions. No second half adjustments. Little preparedness. It's the same thing for four years. Yesterday there was a running play where three jets players were called for holding. Three holding penalties on one play. That signifies the Jets and his coaching tenure.

Yeah, no doubt, he has had a bad tenure, if not the worst. Just saying, between the comparison with Williams...Hue would probably have had a number of wins had he had either Tyrod or Mayfield, from the beginning.

Honestly, I don't. I think he would have won maybe 2 games a year in those seasons.

I see that my Titans defeating the Patriots prediction was proven right and in ways better than I predicted.

The Titans made a impressive terrific statement by defeating the Patriots in a exciting unforgettable dramatic close game which was close till it became a laugher in the 2nd half and made awful with Titans long drive that finished with Henry easily ran for his 2nd td.
Titans did win TOP which was mostly because of Mariota throwing the ball, he ran when he had to, Henry and Lewis were a 2 headed monster while they didn't combine for over 120 yards still both combined for 115 yards which was terrific, Henry did better than I predicted ran for 2 touchdowns no sweat no 1 touchdown, Mariota didn't run for 1 touchdown instead 0 so wrong for that 1, right about Mariota throwing 2 touchdowns both that were terrific, the Titans did play a full great game which is exactly why they scored first and always lead after scoring first in this game.

Not the 28-21 high scoring game I predicted with the Titans instead damn better because without sweating and without a challenge since Patriots never lead in this game, and were outplayed for the entire game winning in a game that became bad in the first half, then become dreadful in the 2nd half with the worst being Titans scoring 4th touchdown the soul crusher to make the score 34-10.
It was excellent to see the Titans utterly outplay the Patriots for the entire game, frustrate, embarrass, demoralize, dominate, and made the game a laugher in the 4th after Henry easily ran for the Titans 4th touchdown.
The Patriots decided to quit because they started to use Hoyer after the Titans scored their 4th touchdown.
This was the Titans best wins vs Brady and The Patriots, and really did seem like karma for that abomination in 2009 showing what comes around does come around.

Current mood from Cincinnati:

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985