2018 NFL Thread: Marrying Your Cousins

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sport by nature, is a hard game to legislate...im not sure what honestly can be done to protect players from themselves; and yet, preserve the nature, integrity, and the very essence of the game.

I read recently that the NFL is toying with the idea of banning kickoffs. I can't fathom the idea of a game not having kick returns, but I may have to get used to the idea if the NCAA follows the NFL's lead. I'm also waiting for the stiff arm to come under the microscope and possibly become a thing of the past.

RG3 is back in the league with Baltimore.

With all of the QB moves this offseason, we may see a shift in QB in the next few years in terms of retirements. It's very likely that Brady, Manning, Rivers, Roethlisberger and Brees will be done by 2021. I think Aaron Rodgers and Alex Smith will still be around playing by that time, but I honestly don't know.

I started watching NFL last year and i'm thoroughly enjoying it.
Still haven't got all the rules down pat, but learning everyday. Don't have a favorite team, although i love New York City and might side with the Giants.

NFL draft end of the month, should be fun!

I started watching NFL last year and i'm thoroughly enjoying it.
Still haven't got all the rules down pat, but learning everyday. Don't have a favorite team, although i love New York City and might side with the Giants.

NFL draft end of the month, should be fun!

If you need to learn more I found joining a fantasy football league helps in learning more about the game, it helped me quite a bit as I knew nothing about it until I was invited to join a work league and I ended up picking a couple of players like the Ravens defense and Jamal Lewis which coincidentally took place at the same time during Jamal 2000yard season so I got a bit invested in it, and since then I became a fan of the Ravens.

If you need to learn more I found joining a fantasy football league helps in learning more about the game, it helped me quite a bit as I knew nothing about it until I was invited to join a work league and I ended up picking a couple of players like the Ravens defense and Jamal Lewis which coincidentally took place at the same time during Jamal 2000yard season so I got a bit invested in it, and since then I became a fan of the Ravens.

Thanks man!

I think the schedule reveal is this Thursday if I'm not mistaken. Usually one week before the draft.

So the Seahawks drafted Malik McDowell last year and now they are cutting ties with him. Remember, he has yet to play a down in the NFL. This all because he got into an atv accident. This guy....:loco:

If the Bengals don't draft a center in the first or second round I might have a blood clot.

I want Frank Ragnow so badly.

So the Giants will be picking at about 8:15 PMish?

I'll be watching Infinity War. :o

Infinity War Thursday morning, Draft Thursday night for me.

I did research and in 2015, ratings were down for that draft because Age of Ultron opened.

The ratings for 2017 were up and were some of the highest for ESPN and NFL network.

I know most Ravens fans want Calvin Ridley, no thanks nobody with his athletic profile (7th percentile,4.72) has ever been drafted in the 1st round.

Personally I'm hoping they can trade down and grab an extra pick or sit hopefully one of the top non QB players,ie Derwin James or Minkah Fitzpatrick to fall (unless its Lamar Jackson)

For the Number One Pick...the Browns Choose: Thanos the Mad Titan.

Another draft, another first round QB for the Browns.

Ryan Shazier walking to announce the Steelers pick, which is great to see.

Word on the street is Steelers minority owner David Tepper, is expected to sign a deal today to buy the Panthers

Word on the street is Steelers minority owner David Tepper, is expected to sign a deal today to buy the Panthers

People are going to complain that a league where 70% of their players are black does not have a single black owner.

I don't think it's a big deal to be honest, but there will be people who will complain about that.

As long as he sells his share of the Steelers and the NFL does their due diligence on the guy, there should not be any problems.

People are going to complain that a league where 70% of their players are black does not have a single black owner.

Then they're dumb. This isnt like coaching, the NFL just can't create black billionaires to sell its franchises to.

A sigh of relief from me that he's keeping them in Charlotte. Also glad that he's had some ties with the NFL with the Steelers.

Yeah, I didn't think there was any danger of them going anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"