2018 NFL Thread: Marrying Your Cousins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talks of Todd Bowles being the defensive coordinator.

Atlanta brings back Dirk Koetter as offensive co-ordinator.

It's a good move for the Browns to finally have some consistency, happy that Kitchens finally gets a chance, plus Baker must be thrilled by it.

image_from_ios.jpg

Browns hired Freddie Kitchens. We'll see how this goes.

It's a good move, much better than bringing in a retread coach, plus Baker is familiar with Kitchens offense, I'll be interested to see who they bring in as defensive coordinator , I've heard Kacy Rodgers is an option (was Jets defensive coordinator from 2015/18,and worked with Freddie in Dallas as the cowboys DL coach while Kitchens was their TE coach)

RG3 showed more passing ability than Lamar has shown me, though. I would agree they're similar, but Lamar cannot make very basic throws.
and how are these guys winning heisman's though?
i get it but....i don't.

Look at the stats...Kamar completion rates was hugely better than Rosen & Allen coming out of college; but Lamar seem to be played down his skills as QB. I think Lamar is over critique while ither seem to get a pass. The Bills Allen best plays comes from running ball...he has yet to make basic throws; yet, with Lamar analysts & fans tend to onky highlight Lamar is a running QB. He has proven to a much better QB than Rosen & Allenn and even Donald whose decision making & lack of reading coverage, is glossed over. Lamar makes fewer mistakes than those three. Donald will turn out to be a C+ to B- career QB. I see nothing that says Rosen & Allen should be in the NFL...all Mel Kiper's Hype. Lamar will be career B QB & Mayfield will be a B+. I'm a USC guy so I hope Donald can learn from his 1st year; but, with Gase....not holding my breath.

The QB's who succeed the most in the NFL are the ones who don't win the Heisman Trophy. Cam Newton was the last Heisman Trophy winning QB to have success in the NFL and before that it was Carson Palmer. 16 QB's have won the trophy since 2000 and the jury is still out on Jackson and Mayfield and Mariota has been okay but outside of Newton and Palmer, the rest have done nothing in the NFL. Brady, Brees, Rivers, Prescott, Mahomes, Manning, Roethlisberger, Rodgers, Goff and Foles have never won the Heisman Trophy and all have had NFL success with Brady, Brees, Rivers, Rodgers and Roethlisberger (and maybe Manning) all first ballot Hall of Famers.

Regardless of one's cultural heritage, maybe owners perchance go for whom they feel is the best choice/most qualified person to lead the team.

The Rooney Rule is a complete joke.

Regardless of one's cultural heritage, maybe owners perchance go for whom they feel is the best choice/most qualified person to lead the team.

The Rooney Rule is a complete joke.

Especially when teams can circumvent the rule by asking Tony Dungy if he wants to return knowing full well he won't. It's probably what Oakland did last year before they brought back Jon Gruden.

Anybody see the snowball that landed just left of the Colts punter as he punted the ball?

New England is probably going to win again......because their New England and they always win.

It was priceless watching the terrific Chiefs utterly outplaying the Colts for the entire game in a game that was highly undramatic with the Chiefs making the Colts the Dolts and dead horses 31-13.
A all too easy impressive win for the Number 1 Chiefs.

What goes around comes around the Colts had to come back today and utterly failed.
Can't wait to hear Stephen A Smith's excuses for Andrew Luck the same player he has said is a First Ballot HOF.

I heard this was the official theme song of the New England Patriots:

Chargers had a we can’t beat New England mentality before the game even started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"