2018 NFL Thread: Marrying Your Cousins

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was a bad football game.

But congrats to the Browns. I know full well the pain of going an entire season winless.

But can we talk about the victory possum?

The Trumaine Johnson unsportsmanlike conduct penalty changed everything. The Browns went three and out with Taylor going off the field and the Jets up 14-0. Johnson commits the penalty and the Browns go back on the field, changing field position and getting Taylor hurt on the drive. Mayfield comes in on the next drive and takes over. Jets were terrible from then on and Browns earned it.

Not gonna lie, Mayfield's play in that game peaked my interest. Already shows more promise than the other QBs they drafted basically since Couch (though I still argue Couch's demise in Cleveland had a lot to do with bad weapons and an o-line that let his brain become mush). I may actually have a reason to try and watch games this year. That said, this team is still nowhere close to playoff contention and I would be shocked if they won more than 5 games this year. But dare I say, they have some actual players.

The Browns should be 3-0 if they had a decent kicker those first 2 games. I think the future looks bright for them. It certainly doesn't feel like the past 3-4 years that they've been through.

The Browns should be 3-0 if they had a decent kicker those first 2 games. I think the future looks bright for them. It certainly doesn't feel like the past 3-4 years that they've been through.

The kick in the Steelers game was blocked, so that doesn't really count. Honestly, they were lucky the Steelers turned the ball over 5 times and gave up a 14 pt lead in the 4th. So I don't really count that as a should have won. Now the Saints, yeah they should have won that.

Since 1974 when the NFL starting using overtime to settle games, The Vikings and the Packers have played to a draw 3 times.
10-10 in 1978.
26-26 in 2013.
29-29 in 2018.

Here is a list of all the Tie games from 1974-2018.

List of NFL tied games - Wikipedia

Will there be another tie game tomorrow?

I want there be a tie game every week for the rest of the season, so that the NFL can change their overtime rule.

Anyone here play fantasy football? Thinking of signing up for Draft Kings this year but I don't know...

OT rules needs to change drastically...no reason for a professional game, no game for that matter, to end undecided. <smh>

Meh, way I see it is that if either teams cant beat each other during regulation time, and then still cant get it done during OT then neither team deserves to win.

Bills playing like Super Bowl Patriots 27-0 I didn't see that at all in Minnesota.

Excellent finish the Titans defense agains defends winning a low scoring great dramatic exciting game 9-6.
2-0 in the AFC South, and 2 consecutive wins after that stinker vs the Dolphins.

Amazing 2 weeks in a row Titans defense needs to defend final possession both vs afc south foes and they do exactly that.
Remember forever the day the Titans defeated the Jags giving them their 1st loss in Humid Jacksonville.

Cry me a river to persons that seriously said the Jaguars would steamroll the Titans winning by more than 21. While Jaguars a home team were likely to win steamrolling the Titans as highly unlikely and asinine along with hugely underestimating the Titans.

Dolphins still perfect came back to defeat the Raiders 28-20.

Also the Bills played like SB Patriots defeating the Vikings in a embarrassment 27-6. I didn't doubt with Allen a effective qb which Peterman never was that the Bills would win a game likely a home game maybe Jets except not vs a great Vikings team on the road.
Any given Sunday was shown today in Minnesota.

Ravens hand the Broncos their 1st loss in Baltimore 27-14, and Eagles in a thriller defeat the Blue Horses aka the Colts 20-16.

The Super Rams blocked a punt in the endzone easily recovered to score 3rd td.
21-6 in the 1st half, and finally the Cards offense stops being inept and anemic because 14-0 vs the Bears that could soul crush the Cards in the desert again.

San Francisco will probably sign Paxton Lynch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"