2018 SHH Hype Awards Ceremony Thread

@Jesse
@KyMedicineman
@MadderMaximus

First off, I can’t believe that one of these other talented people did not get this award.
I know that it is traditional to say something like “I don’t deserve this award” but in this instance I really mean it.
Never in the weird endeavours that I get up to did I think that it would be of interest to anyone else but me and my missus!

So, thank you to everyone that voted for me. It really means a lot, says the man who never even thought he had any artistic tendencies... :D

Our first award tonight is for New Comer of Year. We had some interesting new people come into our little corner of the internet this year, but these nominees came, they saw, and they blew our collective minds with their awesome!!!!

The Nominees are:

2018 New Comer of the Year
@AResistor
@frankgutz
@geosphere
@Hannah Panana
@THORin

And the award for New Comer of the Year goes to

Congratulations!!!!!

@THORin congratulations and well deserved may I say! :applaud

Our next award tonight is for Most Improved Poster of the Year. The nominees for this award had themselves a bit of a renaissance, and we all noticed them bloom like a flower before our eyes!!!!

And the Nominees are:

2018 Most Improved Poster of the Year
@Spider-Aziz
@Anyone Else

And the winner is...

View attachment 19507

Oh my gosh, the guy on the ballot won!!! What a shocker :hehe:

Congratulations!!!!

@Spider-Aziz Have to say I totally agree with this award going to you... :D

Let us take a brief moment to remember those we lost this year.

Which brings us to Banned Poster of the Year. This is always a bitter sweet one, as we sometimes lose quality posters for whatever reason. They may be gone, but they're not forgotten.

And the nominees are...

2018 Banned Member of the Year
@DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs
@Duke
@JewishHobbit
@Tacit Ronin

And the award goes to...

Congratulations!!! Winner who likely has no idea this is happening

I think the recipient of this award should be unbanned... Just a thought. :yay:

I've informed Daisy of her win on Facebook
❤❤❤
Cool. I hope she's willing to make a short return.

Congrats to everyone who won awards and also those who got nominated!
Thank you. :yay:

@Jesse
@KyMedicineman
@MadderMaximus

First off, I can’t believe that one of these other talented people did not get this award.
I know that it is traditional to say something like “I don’t deserve this award” but in this instance I really mean it.
Never in the weird endeavours that I get up to did I think that it would be of interest to anyone else but me and my missus!

So, thank you to everyone that voted for me. It really means a lot, says the man who never even thought he had any artistic tendencies... :D
Talent and skill is something they surely got plenty of, but after your replicas of stuff like the hoverboard some of us thought it was only natural to nominate and vote for you.
Congratulations on a well deserved award. :yay:

@Spider-Aziz Have to say I totally agree with this award going to you... :D
Thanks buddy. :toth

Now we're going to start the main awards for our various corners of the Hype.

Our first stop on that front is Political Poster of the Year. Many great hypsters have been lost in the abyss of the Politics forum. But these brave souls go in their every day to discuss all things Red and Blue!!!

And the nominees are...

2018 Political Poster of the Year
@Fading
@KRYPTON INC.
@MagnarTheGreat
@Schlosser85
@Sithborg

And the winner is...

Psych! We have our first tie of the night!!! So we have 2 winners:

View attachment 19527 View attachment 19529

@KRYPTON INC. & @Schlosser85

Congratulations!!!!

@KRYPTON INC. Thoroughly deserved and not a surpise at all, won it by a country mile in my estimation. Well done Sir... :applaud

Congrats mate! I'm happy to share that one with you! The games section isn't as busy as it used to be unfortunately so I'm grateful you're around to keep it fun. :up:

I'm glad you're still there, too. and congrats to you as well!! I'm happy to share the award with you!!

Looks like I'm the nominee that got drunk and showed up a day late. :funny:

Huge congratulations to all the winners and nominees, especially @flickchick85 for her massive haul (every one thoroughly deserved), @THORin for winning Best Newcomer (it's so nice to meet a new poster that has both awesome taste and is so friendly, again definitely deserved), and @Iceman who more than deserves everything he won and was nominated for, and is generally awesome. It was a huge honour to even be nominated for It Girl, especially as someone that hasn't posted a huge amount (compared to the other nominees) in the past year, so thank you so much to everyone that nominated me.

And last but not least, big thank yous and congratulations to @Spider-Fan and @Spider-Aziz for taking the time to run all this and for winning their awards. :up:

Huge congratulations to all the winners and nominees, especially @flickchick85 for her massive haul (every one thoroughly deserved), @THORin for winning Best Newcomer (it's so nice to meet a new poster that has both awesome taste and is so friendly, again definitely deserved), and @Iceman who more than deserves everything he won and was nominated for, and is generally awesome. It was a huge honour to even be nominated for It Girl, especially as someone that hasn't posted a huge amount (compared to the other nominees) in the past year, so thank you so much to everyone that nominated me.

And last but not least, big thank yous and congratulations to @Spider-Fan and @Spider-Aziz for taking the time to run all this and for winning their awards. :up:

:bow:

Btw you won 5 “Ice” Awards including “Ice Queen”, which I have just had sent by ice warrior pigeon. :cool:

So that would bring us to MCU Poster of the Year now wouldn't it? Not sure if you guys know this, but there was a little indie film that saw some dude get some stones and wipe out half the universe. Nobody saw it. Except for these nominees!!!

And the nominees are...

@BigThor
@HammerDown
@MbJ
@Mjolnir Reborn
@Spider-Fan

And the winner is...

View attachment 19551
@Spider-Fan

Wait a second...that's me!

Thank ya'lls so much for this. I am truly honored. I love talking about the MCU with you guys, and to get this type of respect from you guys truly is awesome. Thank you :)

Congratulations!!!

It's embarrassing that I missed this entire thing until I got a notice about being mentioned in this post. Fortunately someone better won. :D Congrats!

Congrats to all the other winners as well, and some praise to all the great posters on this awesome forum that didn't win as well.

Yes, this was a great idea along with the MCU and DC awards. I wonder what genius came up with it? :D:

Well, I was actually thinking of you when it entered my head. I'm glad to see you deservedly have won a huge number of awards including this major one - as you've won 2018 for me - without doubt best overall poster and contributor to the Hype of the year. :up:

Also personal footnote: getting nommed myself here feels like a whole other award win. :D Thanks again to everyone who put me down here.

LOL! Indeed the added categories were great ideas :up:

And thank you for the kind words, as well. Again, hearing that from you guys makes me feel really good :)

Thank you so much - for my part, it’s great to meet anyone who loves Lord of the Rings as much as I do, someone who loves Cate Blanchett (especially as Hela and Galadriel) as much as I do, and someone who is just as wonderful and kind as you are. :yay:

Thank you so much - for my part, it’s great to meet anyone who loves Lord of the Rings as much as I do, someone who loves Cate Blanchett (especially as Hela and Galadriel) as much as I do, and someone who is just as wonderful and kind as you are. :yay:
Congrats on your newcomer award!! As Fin’s no.2 we were very happy to welcome you to the LotR/Thor/Blanchett club. :funny:

Congrats @Blitzkrieg on the Misc Movies poster award! :up:

Congrats to @Iceman and @flickchick85 on the Hypetime Achievement awards, well deserved. :)

Well done on putting this whole thing together @Spider-Fan and congrats on the Mod of the year award. ;)

Our next awards if so those who sports harder than everyone else! Sports Poster of the Year is what we shall name them, and no doubt they will take this award and party with it harder than the Stanlet Cup! Seriously, look up some things people have done with the Stanley Cup. It's insane and sort of gross :o

And the nominees are...

2018 Sports Poster of the Year
@B
@Black Fox
@DarthSkywalker
@DeadPresident
@Hunter Rider
@Iceman
@Mandon Knight
@Themanofbat

Another tie! Make up your minds people!!! :cmad:

View attachment 19531 View attachment 19533

@Hunter Rider & @Themanofbat

Congratulations!!!!

:eek: Wasn't expecting this as I don't post in any of the US sports thread, so thanks for the votes guys and shout out to @Iceman @DarthSkywalker @DeadPresident @Mandon Knight @B @BlackFox @Lilbaz @BatmanBeyond @Dr Lee and all the guys that make the football thread such a fun place to discuss the sport from a bunch of different viewpoints on a civil and knowledgeable level. :up:

1267ygb77v.gif

Congrats, @Hunter Rider , @Themanofbat !

And @Iceman !!! I’m so happy! Congratulations to you and @X Knight !

Thanks man! :)

Congrats @Blitzkrieg on the Misc Movies poster award! :up:

Congrats to @Iceman and @flickchick85 on the Hypetime Achievement awards, well deserved. :)

Well done on putting this whole thing together @Spider-Fan and congrats on the Mod of the year award. ;)

:eek: Wasn't expecting this as I don't post in any of the US sports thread, so thanks for the votes guys and shout out to @Iceman @DarthSkywalker @DeadPresident @Mandon Knight @B @BlackFox @Lilbaz @BatmanBeyond @Dr Lee and all the guys that make the football thread such a fun place to discuss the sport from a bunch of different viewpoints on a civil and knowledgeable level. :up:

1267ygb77v.gif

Thanks man! :)

And about time one of our own won the sports award. I echo that shoutout to all the great guys there who make it my go-to place to discuss this and am stoked you won this. :up::cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"