2018 - The Wedding of the Century

Discussion in 'Marvel Comics' started by Havok83, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Havok83

Havok83 Well-Known Member

Marvel is starting to hype up a couple getting married in 2018. Any guesses?

[​IMG]

Speculation is Kitty and Colossus over in X-Men Gold

2. Sithborg

Sithborg Oooh, plot twist!

Yeah, I can see Guggenheim trying it.

I suspect it is two random characters.

3. random_havoc

random_havoc The Golden Guardian

I also think Kitty and Colossus, but I tell you if it was Peter and MJ I would start buying Spidey again after many years of having given it up

4. CaptainWagner

CaptainWagner Cool. Cool cool cool.

How sweet. They're acting like they actually care about Northstar and didn't end Storm and T'Challa's marriage for no good reason...

5. KevanG

KevanG Pragmatic Villain

Emma Frost and Jean Grey! Even money!

6. Mad Ones

Mad Ones Bebe le Strange

^ probably the only pairing that could get me hyped for a wedding.

7. TheCorpulent1

TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

So... they're advertising the wedding of the century with a promo pic featuring couples who are all divorced or annulled or widowed in some way? Brilliant, Marvel. Nope, no one can understand why your sales are in the toilet lately. It's... so... mysterious. :dry:

8. psylockolussus

psylockolussus Well-Known Mutant

Hopefully a X-Men couple!

9. KevanG

KevanG Pragmatic Villain

They're just saying that this one will stick. Honest!

10. Finarfiniel

Finarfiniel Merciless Queen of the Dread Dimension Death

I saw a load of people on twitter theorising that Marvel are going to tie this into Infinity War and the wedding is going to be Thanos and Hela who have just this year started getting it on. That's... interesting. Villain wedding, anyone? :cwink:

11. random_havoc

random_havoc The Golden Guardian

Sue and Reed are still together. The only surviving marriage

12. Havok83

and they were literally written out of continuity!

13. Doc Ock

Doc Ock The Spider-Totem Awakens

Yup, hopefully it will be a marriage that will stick! Haha, I just made myself laugh.

14. UltimateWebhead

UltimateWebhead Black's the new Red&Blue

The only marriage that I'm interested in or the one that would actually get me interested in buying Marvel again is Peter and MJ.

And I'm sure this announcement has absolutely nothing to do with the recent success of the Batman marriage :o

15. JewishHobbit

JewishHobbit Well-Known Member

I've not read Spider-Man in years, but yeah... if Peter and MJ got married again I'd be all over that book again. Is there any clue in the book regarding that maybe happening? I don't expect it to happen, but that'd be nice.

Kitty and Colossus would be my guess, and I'd welcome that.

I also think there's some merit to some randomness like Thanos and Hela (which I don't know anything about but sounds interesting).

16. JewishHobbit

You know... I've not read the book really, but maybe there's a clue right there in that promo image. Haven't Storm and the Black Panther being sorta hanging out again in his book recently? I've only skimmed them and plan to read them eventually, but maybe they're bringing that marriage back. I'd love to see that happen as I liked it the first time and hated the out of the blue divorce during AvX.

17. UltimateWebhead

UltimateWebhead Black's the new Red&Blue

Regarding Peter and MJ, there's no real concrete proof of their marriage but there sure is plenty of speculation.

Imo, Marvel is calling this 'The Wedding of the Century' and characters like BP/Storm or Colossus/Kitty don't exactly fit that bill. The couples that still even after all this time always seem to make the top two spots on the most popular list of best couples in Marvel are Reed/Sue and Peter/MJ. Marvel this past year did that very list on their main page and those couples were the top two.

Undoing the worst Marvel story ever, OMD, is really what they need to do. You want to start winning back fans, admit you were wrong and correct this wretched point in your history. I remember Quesadilla saying years ago that people would forget about OMD and be ok with the changes. Well, fans are just as vocal about that story as ever and the promises made from the reasoning behind OMD were never fulfilled.

It's about time Marvel owns up to their mistakes and apologizes for them and makes good on it by evoking change. Real change, not this hokey crap about what is probably some random pairing of characters in the 'Wedding of the Century.' Blah.

18. WOLVERINE25TH

WOLVERINE25TH The Best There Is

Peter just started shacking up with Mockingbird, and MJ is a supporting character over in Iron Man's books. So, those two are seeming unlikely at the moment.

19. CaptainWagner

CaptainWagner Cool. Cool cool cool.

If they're going to undo OMD, they need to do it right though, and make it a compelling story that makes sense, everything OMD wasn't. I pitched what I thought would be a good route a while back.

-MJ comes to work at Parker Industries, she and Peter are feel compelled together for reasons unknown to them.

-The more time they spend together, the more they start to remember the past. Mephisto doesn't want his deal undone, so he steps in, forcing Spider-Man to seek supernatural help to take on the Devil himself.

-This would end in them reuniting and remembering their past, including their daughter, who is still alive and being held in a hidden Osborn bunker. Together with Harry they have to hunt it down to free her. It also would involve an attempt to "fix" the Stacy Twins story as well.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
  20. mightiest_mortal

mightiest_mortal Much Mightier than thou!

It'll be Iceman and some other random dude. Maybe Daken lol.

Not even joking though. A gay guy in comics is fine. A single gay guy playing the field for years? That's the wrong kind of gay guy - the US still isn't ready for that lol

21. Havok83

It better not be. Bobby JUST started dating men. He shouldnt be marrying anyone any time soon

22. The Infernal

The Infernal Mky Mk

Peter and MJ or Cyclops and Jean Grey ate the only ones that would get me hyped. Anything else I just don't care.

23. JewishHobbit

Definitely the top two, though both are unlikely (especially with Cyclops being dead and all).

Kitty and Colossus would also excite me as its been a long time coming.

24. Sithborg

Sithborg Oooh, plot twist!

Except that Guggenheim has made me hate that pairing...

25. JewishHobbit

I don't know. I'm not a fan of Guggenheim's run, but I don't think there's anything that's really made me actively dislike the run or characters themselves. It's just a little underwhelming. I'd rather someone else handle it if it were to be Kitty and Peter, but we'll see.