2019 Hype Awards General Discussion

Oh damn it, I haven't been able to access the board for a few days due to being away from home with terrible wi-fi (and my phone always has trouble loading this site for some reason) and it looks like I completely missed submitting my ballot. :csad:

Oh well, good luck to all the nominees, especially all the posters I put my original votes in for. :up:

Hey guys, my work week at the current job is very fluid. Meaning I never know what days I'm going to be off basically until really the night prior very often. As such, inow configure that I will be off on the weekend this week. So my goal is to start threads Saturday. If that doesn't work out due to time or whatever I need to do that day, then I'll make it happen Sunday

That's alright. Thank you for all your efforts.

Come to think of it, I don't think I've thanked poor @ComicChick and Marx for their roles in the past. So thank you.

Hey guys, since Spider-Man: Far From Home was this year's offering of Spider-Man and it is an MCU product, I am thinking we're skipping the Sony's Spider-Verse award for this year. But it will come back next year since Sony will be doing 2 movies for next year.

As stated in thread, I have bundled the Games and Sports awards into 1 category. Last year, there were few nominations for them, so they had very few clear candidates. If there is high enough demand for it, I will make them 2 awards again. But for now, consider this an experiment.

I have made all the threads for nominations. I think. I will update them as I get time to come in and do it. I plan to get them up to date daily at least anyway.

I am thinking of putting the Awards themselves on a Saturday. Voting ends Jan 4th, so I want to give ya'll like 2 weeks to vote. So does Jan 18th work? Let me know!

Sorry if this has already been asked and answered, but how many nominations can we make for each category?

Sorry if this has already been asked and answered, but how many nominations can we make for each category?

I don't think I ever gave it an exact number or anything, but I would use the guideline within reason. Like, don't nominate half the Forum LOL

Last edited:
Hey guys, since Spider-Man: Far From Home was this year's offering of Spider-Man and it is an MCU product, I am thinking we're skipping the Sony's Spider-Verse award for this year. But it will come back next year since Sony will be doing 2 movies for next year.
I think the Sony logo and the fanfare that happened this year make that discussion session worthy of an award.

just don't forget to nominate me for every category :)
Banned User, IT Boy, and Movie Poster should be exceptions.

::oldrazz:

Nominations are caught up. So not fun to do on a phone LOL. Sometime today I'm going to put my two cents in on some nominations.

I did think of this though. We didn't get any Sony movies this year, but with the Mandalorian and Rise of Skywalker, would you guys want a Star Wars forum award? Let me know if that's something you guys would be interested in

I did think of this though. We didn't get any Sony movies this year, but with the Mandalorian and Rise of Skywalker, would you guys want a Star Wars forum award? Let me know if that's something you guys would be interested in
Sure, why not? There already is a section for almost everything else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"