2019 NFL Thread: Hail to the Chiefs

Discussion in 'Sports' started by The Incredible Hulk, Apr 11, 2019.

?

Winner?

Poll closed Feb 2, 2020.
  1. 49ers

7 vote(s)
    41.2%
  2. Chiefs

10 vote(s)
    58.8%
  1. The Big G A Filthy Ningen

Goodbye Oakland....

Hello Las Vegas!

Karelia likes this.
  2. Themanofbat Never Mind the Buttocks...

That's a bit harsh, but I doubt they get by Tennessee.
    The Pats haven't played well since that loss to the Ravens.

3. Themanofbat Never Mind the Buttocks...

Great game in Seattle. Great way to end the season.

Go Niners!!!

4. Karelia I Know

We will see. I think he may get one more year, but I think they should either draft or get a QB in free agency to put pressure on Carr to either perform next year or "you gone." They need to draft a true #1 WR. Another good edge rusher and CB's/LB's.

They have the 12th and 18th pick in the first round, who do you think they go for?

Calvin Ellis likes this.
  5. Calvin Ellis Kal-El of Earth 23

Honestly I am hoping either Hurts or Tau falls down to them. Then we move on from there.

Karelia likes this.
  6. Karelia I Know

I think Tua's draft stock may drop. But we will see. He could still be on the board by the time the Raiders go to pick. I imagine the Bengals get Burrow. Chargers may end up drafting a QB, same with Dolphins... They all pick before the Raiders. Time will tellm

7. Lantern Venom Lego SUCKS

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

8. Dr. Evil Registered

I am sure the referees will find some way to give New England a win this weekend. Remember, they are still the defending champions until they are out of the playoffs.

9. Immortalfire Make it so.

Tom vs Ryan Tannehill is not much of a fair fight

10. DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

This Texans/Bills game is an all time cluster ****. It's so entertaining because of how **** it has been. :funny:

11. ComicChick I Work Too Much

yes. i am pulling for the Bills because that's who i picked in our money pickem at work, but i am fine with whoever wins. it's just funny watching Josh Allen freaking the heck out out there. He's a rookie and I can't imagine what's going through his head.

DarthSkywalker likes this.
  12. Themanofbat Never Mind the Buttocks...

That 18 yard play that put Houston into field goal range, anyone else notice the play clock hitting zero well before the snap?

13. DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

My favorite part was how the two awful announcers kept telling us how he plays like a vet and is so calm under pressure. You know, as he plays like a chicken with his head cut off.

14. DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

Honestly, no. But that was because I was busy freaking out and reading twitter being hilarious during the game.

15. ComicChick I Work Too Much

and throws it backwards after a good run for absolutely no reason

Themanofbat and DarthSkywalker like this.
  16. DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

That is when my brother and I broke. We couldn't stop laughing for a solid couple of minutes. I still don't know what he was trying to accomplish. He was so lucky his teammate saved him. :funny:

17. ComicChick I Work Too Much

it was like in a video game where you try to do a certain move and press the wrong button lol

Themanofbat and DarthSkywalker like this.
  18. DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

A pick 6 on Tommy B to end his career in New England?

[​IMG]

19. ComicChick I Work Too Much

it wouldve been crazy if the Pats would've just held where they received the kickoff, then Tom threw a TD. and since Tenn botched the 2 pt conversion, if they would've came back and won, my mind would have been blown

20. Dr. Evil Registered

Yeah....I think the Dynasty is over.

21. Immortalfire Make it so.

No one stays on top forever. Well done, Titans.

22. Dr. Evil Registered

I kind of want to see the Titans, Texas or Vikings go all the way to the Super Bowl and win it, mainly because it would be really cool to have the champions of the NBA, NHL, NFL and MLB as first time champions in a span of 6-10 months.

#372 Dr. Evil, Jan 4, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2020
  23. Hello2016 Registered

Both games today pretty good. Buffalo easily probably could've gotten another field in that 2nd half and won the game. That odd little penalty at a key time cost them as well on that final drive.

Tennessee made an odd choice to start running the clock with those delay of games like they did but it worked in their favor. I think the NFL should make a rule to discourage this by just stopping the clock and charging timeouts if this happens over and over though. Tennessee really banked on their defense getting the job done just essentially forcing the runs on that final possession after gaining couple first downs. The clock management and not going for long field goals those final 2 possessions worked out for them pretty well.

24. killface Registered

great start to this year's playoffs. If the Bills add more offensive playmakers (do the Julio Jones trade for Jerry Jeudy!) and grizzled vets on D, they'd be contenders.

And it would be fitting that a former Patriot had a major hand in dismantling the Patriot dynasty.

25. Hello2016 Registered

I thought the Bills did a great job pressuring Texas stacking the line then pulling back some into zone coverage leaving 4 to rush. It just fell down to some missed opportunities on offense and a very savvy Texans QB utilizing the run option late in the game and even then it felt like the Bills still could've taken it if not for a few sloppy mistakes on offense at the wrong times.

1 very long and 1 somewhat long fieldgoals could've been made by Buffalo during regulation. They got knocked back over 30 yards with a couple failed scrambles while looking for reads and then I believe punted it on a separate possession. The penalty on the final drive in OT didn't help either.

Buffalo was pretty hot in the first half too but did have to settle for a couple field goals. It's one of those frustrating losses where people played pretty good but fell short ultimately.