2019 NFL Thread: Hail to the Chiefs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good for Rosen, he's going to a better organization.

As for the Ravens pick while I am not particularly happy about the Jaylon Ferguson pick I understand its a need,especially with Suggs leaving and Tim and Tyus Bowser haven't shown anything.

Happy with the Miles Boykin pick, I remember he destroyed the combine, he has solid hands, a willing blocker not afraid to catch in traffic, only thing he needs to work on are his routes.He probably would of gone a lot higher in the draft if he had a better qb throwing to him at Notre Dame.

i was able to go to 3 games last year. looking to go to another this year. some of my friends are really interested in the Patriots at Baltimore, so that's at the top of the list for now

This is why the Jets drive me crazy. They fire their GM after they allow him to spend hundreds of millions in free agency and pick the players during the draft. They should have fired him with Bowles. The rumor has been out there for last 2 weeks and Gase did the usual denials during the rookie minicamp press conference about their apparent clashes but it was seemingly true.

Texans fire GM Brian Gaine.

Also, I am excited to see who loses to New England in next year's Super Bowl.

Raiders confirmed for Hard Knocks XD

Damn it now i gotta keep HBO after GOT....

Raiders confirmed for Hard Knocks XD

Damn it now i gotta keep HBO after GOT....
I hope that we learn from this embarrassment. I 'm not happy about this news being on Hard Knocks is an embarrassment IMO.

my job won a display contest and the NFL is hosting a camp on base for the kids next weekend ran by 3 time Superbowl Champ legarrette blount and he will be having a meet and greet in our store. Pretty cool
i was one of 3 people who built the display and for us to be one of the stores selected out of like 200 is pretty awesome

I hate saying this being a big NFL fan, but.....

Upcoming NBA Season > Upcoming NFL Season

Because we all know Tom Brady is likely to win his 7th Lombardi Trophy when the Super Bowl ends. The NBA has become more open with the sudden mortality of the Warriors and the improvements of the Lakers, Clippers in that same division as well as Jazz, Nuggets, Pelicans, Spurs, Mavericks, Rockets and possibly Grizzlies. In the East, it's Brooklyn and then others too like Toronto, Philadelphia, Boston, Milwaukee and Indiana. There is no guarantee Steph Curry wins his 4th NBA Title, while the chances of Tom Brady winning his 7th title are likely somewhere in the neighborhood of 90% to 99%.

It's going to be a fun NBA season upcoming. The NFL Season? Probably not at all.

I think your math on the Pats winning is a bit off. The Patriots havent won the Super Bowl in back to back years since 2004-2005. It's more likely than not that some other team is going to win it this season.

Also in terms of parity, the NFL has FAR more of it over the last 20 years than the NBA, which up until this year had the same two teams in the Finals for four straight seasons.

In the NFL you can make the argument that 10-12 teams have a shot to win the Super Bowl this season. Whereas in the NBA you likely have HALF that many. The consolidation of star players on to "super teams" is only making that worse.

Remember when Derrick Rose thought his going to the Knicks made them a “super team”? :funny:

Hey kids, I apologize but I’ve decided not to host an NFL pick em this year. Among other things, I've got a ton going on in real life right now (how dare I), but also attendance has been waning the last three seasons. Plus, it’s also discouraging when I end up kicking out two or three players every year for not making their picks.

Anyhow, I thank you for your patronage for the last ten seasons but this commissioner is retiring.

Addendum: On the chance anyone here feels led to carry it onward, I’ll gladly draw up a list to follow and sign the league over to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"