2021 NFL - Some Fans Allowed?

Had a very bad weekend, but this has more than made up for most of. I'm really happy right now. Happy, my prediction was right. I'm happy for Donald. I'm happy for Kupp. I am beyond happy for Matt Stafford. That guy deserved it more than anything. I'm buying a jersey tonight.

The only person who doesn't deserve it is Sean McVay. **** that guy.
Hope everything's okay man.

McVay going to undeserved flowers from media. He did everything to lose thst game. First defensive holding was to make up for the obvious offensive PI on thatv75 yd TD coming out of halftime
I think the holding was a little ticky tack, but there was clearly contact before the ball got to the receiver. I "think" they would probably have called PI if the hold hadn't happened. I looked at it a couple of times and you just can't do that at the goal line. In any case, it was a great game by the teams; if not by the officials.......

Burrow almost completed that last pass......holy S***.....that would have been beyond belief.

I think the holding was a little ticky tack, but there was clearly contact before the ball got to the receiver. I "think" they would probably have called PI if the hold hadn't happened. I looked at it a couple of times and you just can't do that at the goal line. In any case, it was a great game by the teams; if not by the officials.......

Burrow almost completed that last pass......holy S***.....that would have been beyond belief.
Yeah, it was a clear foul.

Another year, another season gone by. Been an emotional rollercoaster through it all. Probably the best set of playoff games in awhile (WCW not withstanding).

Thanks to @DarthSkywalker @Spider-Fan @InCali @P Supreme @Drizzle @Perfect Cell , and any others I might've missed that have made watching this season fun. :hrt:

Now it's time for all of us to complain about the off-season moves that make no sense. I'm sure there will be plenty of drama this year :o

Another year, another season gone by. Been an emotional rollercoaster through it all. Probably the best set of playoff games in awhile (WCW not withstanding).

Thanks to @DarthSkywalker @Spider-Fan @InCali @P Supreme @Drizzle @Perfect Cell , and any others I might've missed that have made watching this season fun. :hrt:

Now it's time for all of us to complain about the off-season moves that make no sense. I'm sure there will be plenty of drama this year :o
Yeah. It's been fun.....next up, the NFL draft.

Off-season only thing I had to look forward to for past decade :funny:

Been fun see some of u the nba thread

Take it easy u LA guys congratulations :woo:

Yep he sure did the WR didn't make an honest attempt

To call defensive holding in that spot is ballsy and poor guy is getting eviscerated on Twitter. Been giving Twitter a try and hot dsm that place is a cesspool of negativity

I’ve been thinking about this for a bit. I’m going over especially the end of the game and the bottom line is that I think Donald just wanted it more than anyone else. You could rightfully point to Stafford or Kupp, but Donald essentially won that game for them. If he doesn’t lead the defense in the second half, the late TD doesn’t matter.

I'm seeing a lot of crying about the defensive holding call that gave the Rams a first down near the goal line and, after looking at it more closely, it was a lot iffier than I originally thought. I think the hold could or couldn't have been called, but the PI I saw just after the possible hold was from the back angle and it looked like the cover man was on Kupp before the ball got there. From the right sideline view, that may not have been the case. That was kind of a coin flip call IMO and if Stafford had put the ball out in front of Kupp, it was 7, but he threw the ball back into the defender. Bottom line is that it wasn't a very good pass.

What I don't hear people crying about is the BLATANT offensive PI that resulted in a 75 yard TD instead of the Bengals getting a 10 yard penalty and, very likely, no points. I mean, the dude grabbed Ramsey's face mask right out in the open and the Bengals got 7. Ramsey kind of sucked this game TBH.

So, the officials often deserve criticism, but let's not pretend that the Rams were given the victory by the officials. I bet on the Bengals and would have been fine if the holding hadn't been called, but even with 4th and goal, it's no gimme that Cincy would have stopped them.

But what makes the non call on the 75yd TD more egregious is THAT ALL SCORING PLAYS ARE REVIEWD and the whole world saw he basically DDT'D Ramsey on that play

But Ramsey did play like He had a Giants uniform on (thats for u incali)
Lol

Seeing Stafford (Dawg) win a Super Bowl in his very first year with a new team, proves to me that the Lions are without question the most incompetent organization in all of sports.

Seeing Stafford (Dawg) win a Super Bowl in his very first year with a new team, proves to me that the Lions are without question the most incompetent organization in all of sports.
I dunno.....Jacksonville, Cleveland, and the NY Jets organizations may want to give you a call for their cases.

The Rams gambled big time and managed to hit gold. Like all teams who win it all, they got some breaks along the way and, with the exception of the Bucs, had every game at home, including the SB, as a 4th seed. The irony is that losing to the 49ers the last week of the season probably made their job easier (not that there was anything easy about it, as, had they won, the 49ers wouldn't have been in the playoffs and I believe the Rams would have ended up in GB for the conference finals. The chips fell right for them this year and they cashed them in.

My final thoughts on the NFL and the 2021-2022 season:

* I didn't watch the SB but was dissappointed by the result. LA doesnt deserve a football team, let alone two. LA residents are a bunch of big-hair, fake tanned people more interested in the latest advances in liposuction than professional sports. St Louis and San Diego both deserve football teams, not LA.

* A very strange season. Quite frankly, a ton of mediocre teams who showed little consistency or dominance at any point during the season, except for the Chiefs who looked great coming down the stretch. However, there was one game ALONE that made this season worth the while, and that was the KC-Buffalo playoff game, possibly the greatest single game I've ever seen.

* The two teams with a very bright future (starting next year) are the Philadelphia Eagles and LA Chargers. The Eagles are a playoff team who will get a whopping 3 first round picks in the upcoming draft. The Chargers have a SB caliber roster and will be adding a high first round draft pick to that. Both those teams will be set.

* I think the Bengals take a step beck next year. They actually hurt their development by making the playoffs (let alone getting to the SB). They desperately need to shore up the O-LIne, and they won't have the high first round daft pick to do that (yeah I know they can do it through free agency, but that rout has its limits).

In summary, a strange but nonetheless entertaining season. Definitely the age of parity, the age of the dominant, dynastic teams is long gone.

My final thoughts on the NFL and the 2021-2022 season:

* I didn't watch the SB but was dissappointed by the result. LA doesnt deserve a football team, let alone two. LA residents are a bunch of big-hair, fake tanned people more interested in the latest advances in liposuction than professional sports. St Louis and San Diego both deserve football teams, not LA.

* A very strange season. Quite frankly, a ton of mediocre teams who showed little consistency or dominance at any point during the season, except for the Chiefs who looked great coming down the stretch. However, there was one game ALONE that made this season worth the while, and that was the KC-Buffalo playoff game, possibly the greatest single game I've ever seen.

* The two teams with a very bright future (starting next year) are the Philadelphia Eagles and LA Chargers. The Eagles are a playoff team who will get a whopping 3 first round picks in the upcoming draft. The Chargers have a SB caliber roster and will be adding a high first round draft pick to that. Both those teams will be set.

* I think the Bengals take a step beck next year. They actually hurt their development by making the playoffs (let alone getting to the SB). They desperately need to shore up the O-LIne, and they won't have the high first round daft pick to do that (yeah I know they can do it through free agency, but that rout has its limits).

In summary, a strange but nonetheless entertaining season. Definitely the age of parity, the age of the dominant, dynastic teams is long gone.

LOL. I won't even say I "think" you are wrong about people who live in Los Angeles because you "are" engaging in stereotyping to the nth degree. I don't particularly like it here and am anxious to move back to the Monterey Bay area, but it has nothing to do with the people of Los Angeles; who by and large are just like people in just about any other city I've lived in. The vast, vast majority are decent, hard working middle to lower middle class folks who get up every day and go to work to support their families. Are they the most rabid sports fans in the world? Probably not, but there are a LOT of them who are; they just can't afford the prices of a lot of the bigger sporting events. In addition, people in SoCal have a lot of entertainment options all year around due to the weather and the diversity of things to do. There's a lot of money centered in certain areas of SoCal because of the Hollywood, Music, and Commerce industries, but the people you are talking about are a small, small minority with a very high profile. Certainly it shouldn't deprive the 4M people who live in the city or the 10M who live in the county sports franchises.

As far as who takes a step back next year, I agree. Teams get on runs for particular reasons and getting to the SB takes some luck because of injuries and other things. Sometimes you just get on a roll. There's a concept in statistics called regression to the mean. Basically, any very high achiever tends to fall back towards the middle somewhat, but it's the Rams who will really regress next year IMO and I also agree that the Chargers are going to be a force to be reckoned with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"