2021 Tokyo Olympics

MarvelFan

The Nine-tailed White Fox
Reaction score
It is just around the corner with less than 200 days, so I think I make an official thread to discuss everything about the upcoming Olympic Games in Tokyo.

From various sports, the results, the news, the opening ceremony, the athletes.

Already confirmed games:
Aquatics
Archery
Athletics
Badminton
Baseball
Softball
Swimming
Basketball
Boxing
Canoe
Cycling
Equestrian
Fencing
Hockey
Soccer
Golf
Gymnastics
Judo
Karate
Rowing
Rugby
Sailing
Shooting
Climbing
Skateboard
Surfing
Table Tennis
Taekwondo
Tennis
Volleyball
Weightlifting
Wrestling

I most looking forward to watching

Badminton
Basketball
Swimming
Soccer

For Badminton, Japan has a huge chance to win all gold medals in 5 categories there (the strong possibility from Men's Single Kenta Momota and Women's double pair of Fukushima Yuki and Hirota Sayaka)

For Swimming, I root for Kitajima Kosuke to win the gold.

For Soccer, I root for Under-21 Samurai Blue to win the gold.

For Basketball..this is my most anticipated games...Though Japan will be hard to win gold over USA, but that is expected though....I just hope I can get a live ticket to see my favorite players like Steph Curry, LeBron James, Anthony Davis, Damian Lillard, etc. That will be a dream comes true to me if I can meet those people this summer :)

Last edited:
Im a combat guy so Boxing, Taewondo, Judo & Wrestling will be the four im looking forward to the most. Usually see a few guys in this who move over to MMA in a year or two.

100m, 200m and 800m are always fun as well.

I'm looking forward to soccer, gymnastics, skateboarding and swimming. I might check out canoe, rowing, climbing and sailing.

The Coronavirus could F this up. :csad:

I hope someone beats Justin Gatlin for the 100m gold medal.

Is it too complicated to postpone an event of that scale for a year or 2? I guess it would clash with other sporting events. No idea what the logistics would be.

olympic-ring.jpg

Japan PM Says 2020 Toyko Olympics Face Suspension Due To Coronavirus – Deadline

Olympics 2020: What happens if the Tokyo Games don't go ahead? - CNN

Unfortunately, this finally has to be postponed until next year,but given the event around the world, this is a proper judgment.

Yes, this is a huge blow economically for us, but the safety of all people around the world is more important.

Hopefully by next year this time, everybody would be able to laugh again, cheer again, and bring the smile back on the opening ceremony.

We will meet again next year!

Absolutely no other option but to postpone the games. Think I saw (maybe the day before the announcement) that Canada were going to withdraw their team anyway.

Just imagine having close contact sports like wrestling, judo, boxing or synchronised swimming, or sports where you have to pass something around like a relay race or rugby. No-one is going to want someone else to pass the ball to them.

Glad it’s finally been officially moved. There’s no way it would have worked in 2020. The athletes wouldn’t have been able to train in the buildup even if the virus was somehow magically completely clear by the due dates.

Yes, it is confirmed to start 23 July 2021 until 8 August 2021 now.

Though it will be held in 2021, it will be still called "Tokyo 2020"

We will be ready again next year! :)

Yes, it is confirmed to start 23 July 2021 until 8 August 2021 now.

Though it will be held in 2021, it will be still called "Tokyo 2020"

We will be ready again next year! :)
Good to know, thanks. :up:

It seems The Olympics will still go as planned.

Our government is stubborn enough not to cancel it considering the worst outcome that might happen during and after the events when thousands of foreigners will be swarming capital city for about 2 weeks.

It is hard enough now that State of Emergency still in effects in most of prefectures (that already been since April) until 20th June. (Thats one month before the Olympics!!)
I feel the longer State of Emergency will awaits again after the event ends.

Added that our health doctors and nurse has barely enough in maintaining local patients, let alone foreign athletes.

I am excited by Olympics before the corona messing everything, but I feel now it still not the right time to host this such global event (when our country still in state of emergency). I wish our government could be more wise and can let it go (I think that perhaps it still yet to come when Japan is hosting the Olympics). I just wish and pray that nothing will worsened the situation after the event ends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"