2021 Tokyo Olympics

They are or at least were bidding on the 2030 Games as well.
Should have just gone for that and done it properly. Or asked for their hosting privileges to be moved to that year. Can’t have the Olympics in a country with a low vaccination rate, especially one with a very large elderly population.

I'm having a hard time getting excited by this. Probably because I think they have handled the entire situation very poorly. Athletes are dropping out due to COVID and they are just plowing ahead and creating a dangerous situation because of financial issues. Kinda pisses me off.

I'm having a hard time getting excited by this. Probably because I think they have handled the entire situation very poorly. Athletes are dropping out due to COVID and they are just plowing ahead and creating a dangerous situation because of financial issues. Kinda pisses me off.
I hate all this but I do feel for the athletes themselves.

Not surprised they kept Dragon Quest music in. A man who makes Holocaust jokes would definitely use Dragon Quest music.

Not surprised they kept Dragon Quest music in. A man who makes Holocaust jokes would definitely use Dragon Quest music.
What am I unaware of when it comes to Dragon Quest? I've never played, so...

Jesus ****ing Christ.
This is real life:

Though last month SafeSport had suspended Hadzic from the international competition, the 29-year-old from Montclair, New Jersey, fought to get that prohibition lifted through an arbitration process that ultimately permitted him to participate in the Summer Games. Acknowledging the severity of the allegations facing Hadzic, USA Fencing, the athletic federation in charge of selecting the country’s Olympic competitors, created a “safety plan” to keep him away from women and out of the Olympic Village: He flew in on a separate plane from his teammates, is staying at a hotel 30 minutes away from the other athletes, and won't be allowed to practice alongside women teammates. After he appealed those conditions, the entire roster of Team USA fencers signed a letter demanding the restriction stay in place.

Yeah, if anything, the Nassar situation shows just how far the athletic organizations go to protect men.

Saw some women's weightlifting. Felt bad for the US athlete, Delacruz.

Yeah, if anything, the Nassar situation shows just how far the athletic organizations go to protect men.

Saw some women's weightlifting. Felt bad for the US athlete, Delacruz.
I just watched that. She was right amongst them after the first round. Felt like the nerves just got to her. Hope to see her in 3 years. Young and hungry.

So, Judo is just wrestling with the penalty baiting and acting of soccer.

I enjoyed Tae Kwon Do. Meticulous, then a real burst of action in the final seconds.

So, Judo is just wrestling with the penalty baiting and acting of soccer.

I enjoyed Tae Kwon Do. Meticulous, then a real burst of action in the final seconds.
Judo would be so much better if they stalling cards came out quicker. When you get a finish in Judo, it's spectacular. But so much is on the line, it feels almost impossible. For fights that have 4 min matches, they almost always go on a lot longer that, deep into the tournament.

Tae Kwon Do is the ultimate points fighting. fencing with legs as the swords.

So, I get the guy is the only one from Africa in the skateboarding event. But, could we maaayyybe tone back the "representing the hopes of all Africa" when talking about the South African white guy...

EDIT: And it only got worse. Talking about it was hard for African skaters to advance due to dirt and brick. And then commenting on how the South African white guy was able to make a skate park in his back yard....

Last edited:
Mike Tirico is going to be busy the next 6-8 months. The Olympics but when that ends, he's going to be doing Football Night in America, Super Bowl LVI and probably the 2022 Winter Olympics.

Second time that NBC has had the Super Bowl on at the same as the Winter Olympics.

I greatly enjoyed the Skateboard Street event. Interesting format, with a lot of movement on the board. I was bummed for Nyjuh Huston.

I greatly enjoyed the Skateboard Street event. Interesting format, with a lot of movement on the board. I was bummed for Nyjuh Huston.
You could see his nerves got to him. He just kept trying more difficult stuff then he had to, to medal. I wasn't a big fan of the regular runs, but the best trick portion was a lot of fun. Everyone falling during the second run was kind of hilarious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"