2022 Midterm Thread: Red Wave or Blue Wave

AZ RepubliQans and MAGA dorks are trying to steal their state’s election.

Ron Filipkowski: “Multiple Republican counties in AZ appear to be answering Steve Bannon’s call to refuse to certify their election results. Cochise has voted to delay, with Gila and Yavapai reportedly about to do the same.” “While granted a stay of his jail sentence pending appeal, Steve Bannon is actively trying to overturn the AZ election, and nobody seems to notice or care until it gets to a crisis. Again.” Media Matters - Echoing his pre-January 6 rhetoric, Steve Bannon now demands Arizona refuse to certify midterm election results

The Daily Beast - Maricopa County Chairman Transferred to Undisclosed Location After Death Threats
Bannon isn't in a position to demand anything.

Cook Political Report National House Vote Tracker (current as of morning of November 23)
Republicans: 54.1M (50.8%) (R+3.2)
Democrats: 50.8M (47.7%)
others: 1.6M (1.5%)
TOTAL: 106.5M

See also: 1962-2020 Table

NBC News House Seat Projections +/- 2 Seats (current as of morning of November 23)
Republicans: 221 (50.8%)
Democrats: 214 (49.2%)
TOTAL: 435

ty5Wopx.png

^2022 results not final / seat projections from NBC News

Last edited:
San Francisco Chronicle - Democrats now control all House seats along the Pacific Ocean for first time in memory

But for the first time in modern memory, Democrats are set to control every congressional district along the Pacific Coast.

It’s a feat Democrats “haven’t accomplished since before Washington became a state in 1889,” according to the left-leaning publication Daily Kos.

Dave Wasserman, a Congressional race analyst with the nonpartisan Cook Political Report, also spotted the trend, forecasting on Twitter before all races were called that 2023 would “be the first time Republicans are shut out of every district touching the Pacific Ocean.”

Hope they do some good. :)

Connecticut Dems didn’t lose any U.S. House seats either (there are no elected Rs from CT in the federal government). New England is holding the line even though NY lost some D seats.

It’s tougher for those of us in reddish-purple Southern states.

Connecticut Dems didn’t lose any U.S. House seats either (there are no elected Rs from CT in the federal government). New England is holding the line even though NY lost some D seats.

It’s tougher for those of us in reddish-purple Southern states.
I don't know how you guys survive there without losing your minds. :(

I don't know how you guys survive there without losing your minds. :(

Here in NC, we have Governor Cooper's veto pen and no R supermajority in the General Assembly to keep Berger and Moore in line. But there's only one Democrat that needs to hold the line to make Cooper's vetoes stick on abortion restrictions and other things.

NC Rs keep gerrymandering the s**t out of our state and they repeatedly got slapped down by the D-led NC Supreme Court. Unfortunately, Rs flipped the NC Supreme Court majority. Now Berger and Moore are going to redraw the lines to their liking as long as the R judges approve.

I'm so frustrated with my state. I'm seriously thinking about leaving in the next two years if state Rs don't get their butts handed to them in 2024.

Here in NC, we have Governor Cooper's veto pen and no R supermajority in the General Assembly to keep Berger and Moore in line. But there's only one Democrat that needs to hold the line to make Cooper's vetoes stick on abortion restrictions and other things.

NC Rs keep gerrymandering the s**t out of our state and they repeatedly got slapped down by the D-led NC Supreme Court. Unfortunately, Rs flipped the NC Supreme Court majority. Now Berger and Moore are going to redraw the lines to their liking as long as the R judges approve.

I'm so frustrated with my state. I'm seriously thinking about leaving in the next two years if state Rs don't get their butts handed to them in 2024.
I don't blame you for wanting to move. They couldn't pay me enough to move South. :( Of course I did hear one news commentator say such moves only help push the idea of a civil war.

I don't blame you for wanting to move. They couldn't pay me enough to move South. :( Of course I did hear one news commentator say such moves only help push the idea of a civil war.

The thing is, Berger and Moore are fighting against an electorate that's getting bluer by the day. And this past midterm, several Republican state reps ran UNOPPOSED (like Berger) -- and I hope that changes in 2024.

Rachel Bitecofer told me that North Carolina is "absolutely winnable under negative partisanship" and that any future Democrats running for state or U.S. Senate seats need to ditch the typical advisors and strategists. Use the Republican "fight dirty" strategy against them -- boil down a talking point and frame it as "[insert Republican's name here] wants to steal your Social Security and let your child be murdered in their classrooms."

The thing is, Berger and Moore are fighting against an electorate that's getting bluer by the day. And this past midterm, several Republican state reps ran UNOPPOSED (like Berger) -- and I hope that changes in 2024.

Rachel Bitecofer told me that North Carolina is "absolutely winnable under negative partisanship" and that any future Democrats running for state or U.S. Senate seats need to ditch the typical advisors and strategists. Use the Republican "fight dirty" strategy against them -- boil down a talking point and frame it as "[insert Republican's name here] wants to steal your Social Security and let your child be murdered in their classrooms."

Oh.....so you mean they should tell the truth?

Happy to see Petolta win.
Yeah.....when your opponent just bails on her constituency in the middle of a statewide term, people have this tendency to hold it against them and not want them in statewide office. This was more of a referendum on Palin than anything else. I think it's likely, though not assured, that had Begich beaten out Palin for 2nd place, the result would have been different. If I'm reading it right, only about 25% of those voting for Begich had Peltola above Palin. It seems likely that virtually all of those voting for Palin would not have had Peltola above Begich. At the very least, the vote would have been a lot closer.

It's definitely tempting to move but if you move and every other non-Republican leaves then the state will only slide further into hell and bring the US with it because those Senators and Representatives will be Republican by default.

Republican influence needs to be diluted, not concentrated.

Why should Walker get a break on a 3 mil residence while there are plenty of starving Texas who have nothing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"