2022 World Cup Qatar

That's what they want to tell you. Actually we boycotted.
What does it mean, that Finland threw some games or not every player turned up? You got 3 wins and 2 draws out of 8 games in a group with France and Ukraine. Not too bad right?

What does it mean, that Finland threw some games or not every player turned up? You got 3 wins and 2 draws out of 8 games in a group with France and Ukraine. Not too bad right?

You're missing the joke like Superman.

Still can't believe we've (Wales) have qualified. I never thought I'd see it happen after a few close misses.
The playoff against Ukraine was horrible given the external circumstances & in truth, we probably should have lost. They had by far the better chances. If we hadn't have gained promotion in the Nations League (which guaranteed us a home P/O) it would have been a much tougher game as the crowd in Cardiff often becomes our 12th man.

But we're there. That's all I care about. I maybe a weird one, at Christmas & in a host country wholly unsuitable for a football tournament, but I'll take it.

One last hurrah for Bale, Ramsey, Henessey, Allen, Gunter who all deserve a chance to play on the biggest stage.

Typical we have to play England in the group too.

Cymru am Byth
Together Stronger
Yma o Hyd

The Socceroos are the last team in...

The Socceroos are the last team in...
Madness of the Dancing Bear!
6k82ph.gif

With that, Wales over Ukr (B), Costa Rica over NZ (E) ,and now Australia over Peru (D), the final groups:
6jsufz.jpg

Last edited:
Still think we need a little bit miracle to get pass Spain and Germany.

And I just realized now.
No Italy this time around too?
I thought they are one of the best and strongest soccer nation in the world.

Feels like quite an open tournament this time with no obvious favourites.

Still think we need a little bit miracle to get pass Spain and Germany.

And I just realized now.
No Italy this time around too?
I thought they are one of the best and strongest soccer nation in the world.
You’ve dealt shocks before with surprising performances so who knows. Good luck!

Italy are the current European champions but then failed to qualify for the World Cup!

Feels like quite an open tournament this time with no obvious favourites.

I like this, there doesnt seem to be one standout team really and that makes it a whole lot more interesting. Got a feeling for Argentina and Messi is all nicely set up for him to win it, but could be one of five or six teams really.

Just feels weird a world cup is coming up as we are heading into winter though.

I like this, there doesnt seem to be one standout team really and that makes it a whole lot more interesting. Got a feeling for Argentina and Messi is all nicely set up for him to win it, but could be one of five or six teams really.

Just feels weird a world cup is coming up as we are heading into winter though.
I’m not up to date on how good Argentina is right now. Their last tournament squad was great even through they couldn’t get team chemistry/balance right to take advantage of it. Brazil are bookies’ favourites but their team doesn’t seem out of this world either. For eg 2 Utd players in CM with Fred and Casemiro. Maybe the weather favours them. Would be nice for Messi to finally get a World Cup win.

You’ve dealt shocks before with surprising performances so who knows. Good luck!

Italy are the current European champions but then failed to qualify for the World Cup!

Hi Thanks :)

Yeah, nothing impossible in sports.
Hopefully we can put a good fight and surprise anyone :)

For Italy...I've seen their match against England last year. Good match. So I was shocked when found out they are not in the 2022 World Cup.

They have list of legendary world class players from Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Totti, etc. (I was first watching them play in 2002 WC (where we were co-host with Korea)

They are the only foreign nation that I am rooting for in various soccer tournaments when it was not involving Japan. Hehe.

For Italy...I've seen their match against England last year. Good match. So I was shocked when found out they are not in the 2022 World Cup.

They have list of legendary world class players from Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Totti, etc. (I was first watching them play in 2002 WC (where we were co-host with Korea)

They are the only foreign nation that I am rooting for in various soccer tournaments when it was not involving Japan. Hehe.
Yeah, must be a big comedown after winning an international tournament to then not qualifying for the next one.

Just bizzare how Italy didnt qualify but losing to North Macedonia is a pretty new low for them and part of the reason, the team they won the Euro's with seemed to be broken up a bit for the qualifiers where they were so good and quick in that tournament, strange how it flipped so fast for them.

Just bizzare how Italy didnt qualify but losing to North Macedonia is a pretty new low for them and part of the reason, the team they won the Euro's with seemed to be broken up a bit for the qualifiers where they were so good and quick in that tournament, strange how it flipped so fast for them.
Shows you can't take qualification for granted.

@Iceman you are from UK/England, am I right?

I'd like to know if some of England players that I know and like back such as Frank Lampard, John Terry, and Steven Gerrard... are they still playing now?

I am not following soccer regularly like I did basketball...just follow and watch it whenever there are tournaments like WC, Olympics, Asian Cup and Euro Cup..so forgive me if I am missing a lot here. Haha. :)

@Iceman you are from UK/England, am I right?

I'd like to know if some of England players that I know and like back such as Frank Lampard, John Terry, and Steven Gerrard... are they still playing now?

I am not following soccer regularly like I did basketball...just follow and watch it whenever there are tournaments like WC, Olympics, Asian Cup and Euro Cup..so forgive me if I am missing a lot here. Haha. :)
Yes I am. Unfortunately all of those players mentioned have retired. Lampard is currently Everton manager and Gerrard is Aston Villa manager.

Yes I am. Unfortunately all of those players mentioned have retired. Lampard is currently Everton manager and Gerrard is Aston Villa manager.
Define, unfortunately. :o

Ah, they all have retired, then. Haha.
Last year when I watched Euro Finals, there is a lot of new faces that I dont know much about so I am curious whether those players I mentioned are still playing or not. :D

I dont remember exactly the last time I seen England squad with Gerrard etc. Sometime around WC 2014 or Euro 2012 perhaps. The last I remember Lampard when his clear goal was cancelled against Germany (or Brazil?) in WC 2014, I believe.

England (and Italy) soccer team had known to have collections of handsome players for a long time. I remember there was a "Beckham boom" here among teens back in 2002-2004. Haha.

Ah, they all have retired, then. Haha.
Last year when I watched Euro Finals, there is a lot of new faces that I dont know much about so I am curious whether those players I mentioned are still playing or not. :D

I dont remember exactly the last time I seen England squad with Gerrard etc. Sometime around WC 2014 or Euro 2012 perhaps. The last I remember Lampard when his clear goal was cancelled against Germany (or Brazil?) in WC 2014, I believe.

England (and Italy) soccer team had known to have collections of handsome players for a long time. I remember there was a "Beckham boom" here among teens back in 2002-2004. Haha.
Oh so it had been a while since you saw England play then haha. International careers aren't always as long as Ronaldo's!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"