2022 World Cup Qatar

So, I didn't rage quit, I simply ran out of battery on my phone just before the shootout. :funny:

Aaaand... that's it!
Congrats to Argentina, of course.

As I said before, the higher you get in a competition, the more bitter the defeat is. But above all, you tend to forget too quickly the journey made until then... France lost, but I'm still very proud of this team which has reached the final again.
Especially since the competition had started in a very uncertain way with some favorite players injured and therefore unavailable. The team configuration was partly new, sometimes tested in real time, but these guys did what was needed to be there on the big night...

And what a big night!!! :eek:
Without looking for excuses, it's known that many players of the French team were sick this week, and seeing the surprisingly weaker than usual performances of Giroud or Griezmann, we can suspect things were not completely settled. What could have been a disappointing last game (for us, in the sense of "missing out" on the event), fortunately, turned into a huuuge show thanks to substitutes who managed to bring a new and unexpected energy. Like said I didn't want to lose without a fight... Well, I've been served!
And then, M'Bappe started to work his magic again... Like in a perfect story!

Well... near perfect... :O
When we came to the penalty shootout, I admit that I didn't really believe it because the remaining players are still young in the national team and not as experienced as others in the exercise, so...
Argentina was best, that's the way it is.

To be a little romantic, perhaps we also, simply, found ourselves caught up in the legend of one of the most illustrious player of this sport. In this case, we can be proud of having guaranteed him an epic (last?) chapter, rich in twists and turns! :oldrazz:

Last edited:
All over, Argentina win their third World Cup!!

Sorry to @J.Drangal :csad: At least your team turned up in the end and made it an amazing final.

And...big shout to France...

Many had already counted them out earlier including me, haha... but they fight back and managed to force it into extra time and penalties.

sorry for you @J.Drangal ...a disappointing end for sure but France should be able to held head high with the way they play at the end tonight.

Thank you guys! :hrt:
You said it all. It was either victory or spectacular defeat! (in the good sense, of course...)

It was really, really cool to live this competition together, but also to simply sympathize on this occasion.
I'm not necessarily much into football outside of international competition, but the way I see it, we can already make an appointment for in 4 years! :cwink:

Thank you guys! :hrt:
You said it all. It was either victory or spectacular defeat! (in the good sense, of course...)

It was really, really cool to live this competition together, but also to simply sympathize on this occasion.
I'm not necessarily much into football outside of international competition, but the way I see it, we can already make an appointment for in 4 years! :cwink:
Been a huge pleasure to have you in this thread. We made a new friend regardless of the result, and your country did themselves proud. As a Newcastle supporter I’m as proud of our 4-3 defeat to Liverpool many years ago as any of our wins (not that there have been many of those :funny: ). And we haven’t been in any finals or won any tournaments in my life so enjoying sport is not all about the winning only - glorious defeats can also make us very proud.

Maybe you can come back for the Euros in 18 months? France should have a big chance again, probably the favourite.

Been a huge pleasure to have you in this thread. We made a new friend regardless of the result, and your country did themselves proud. As a Newcastle supporter I’m as proud of our 4-3 defeat to Liverpool many years ago as any of our wins (not that there have been many of those :funny: ). And we haven’t been in any finals or won any tournaments in my life so enjoying sport is not all about the winning only - glorious defeats can also make us very proud.

Maybe you can come back for the Euros in 18 months? France should have a big chance again, probably the favourite.

Yep! Even if it's preferable to go far enough in a competition to not be too disappointed, the pleasure of a beautiful, intense game may end up more valuable than its result. As with movies, it's all about the emotions we can get!

That was so much fun, I'll be there for the Euro! :cwink:

Yep! Even if it's preferable to go far enough in a competition to not be too disappointed, the pleasure of a beautiful, intense game may end up more valuable than its result. As with movies, it's all about the emotions we can get!

That was so much fun, I'll be there for the Euro! :cwink:
Excellent, very much look forward to having you around again. :up:

Maybe an England France final next time. :funny:

A little bit sad that the WC has ended now...but what a fun ride it was...here's to another celebration in 4 years time. Hehe.

And....Japan have gone up in to 9th rank now!!!
It is another historic achievement that we managed to get into the top 10 FIFA world ranking.

This surely the World Cup that we won't forget in a long time...it has brings so many drama, excitement, joy, and tears and also happiness to many.

A little bit sad that the WC has ended now...but what a fun ride it was...here's to another celebration in 4 years time. Hehe.

It is another historic achievement that we managed to get into the top 10 FIFA world ranking.

This surely the World Cup that we won't forget in a long time...it has brings so many drama, excitement, joy, and tears and also happiness to many.
Japan contributed a lot to this tournament! Hope you can do even better next time. You have 4 years to practise penalties hardcore. :D

Top 10 is a great achievement too.

Correction...
Not FIFA world ranking...just FIFA World Cup ranking :yay:.. I am sorry, hehe

But still a good achievement!

Japan contributed a lot to this tournament! Hope you can do even better next time. You have 4 years to practise penalties hardcore. :D

Top 10 is a great achievement too.

Yeah...hope we can learn from this tournament to improve.

We will be better in 2026!

Sums up the tournament:

Emiliano-Martinez-3.jpg

"Congratulations my brother" - Neyman Jr

suarez-7b8e.png

‘You never get tired of showing that you are the best in the world
The whole world stops to applaud this guy Leo Messi and what he’s given to
fútbol. Incredible my friend!’ - Luis Suárez

captura_de_pantalla_2022-12-18_a_x3x.jpg_1874337221.jpg

"You are champion of the World. Say what they will, you are now and will forever be the best [GOAT]" - Luis Suárez

""
The fútbol from this guy, throws any rivalry to the córner. I watched a lot of Brazilians - and people from all over the world - rooting for Messi in this electrifying final. A farewell worthy of genius, who far beyond being a World Cup star[ace], he also captained an era. Congratulations Messi!" - Ronaldo Nazário

Last edited:
I'm very happy that Argentina finally won the World Cup for the first time in the Messi era. Messi has become a Metaphorical Lion after Argentina won the 2022 World Cup.

France Argentina had a terrific World Cup Championship Cup Promo, and the 2022 World Cup Championship Game was an unforgettable amazing Championship game including the unique goals scored by the defending champions France and Argentina.
I highly enjoyed this had PK's after the common overtime because still tied, a valiant second-half comeback by France to force overtime, also the Argentina goalie made the exact right slide to block the soccer ball otherwise France would have scored a game-winning goal, the Argentina goalie again making an incredible save during PK's, and an Argentina player getting to be the stunning hero by making the game-winning goal during PK's.

I'll always remember that I saw Argentina defeat France with Penalty kicks in the 2022 World Cup while working at Texas Roadhouse on the 2022 NFL Week 15 Sunday.

I'll always remember that I saw Argentina defeat France with Penalty kicks in the 2022 World Cup while working at Texas Roadhouse on the 2022 NFL Week 15 Sunday.
Yes the season shift lead to a fun Sunday Football/Soccer/Fútbol confusion dynamic
Text:
You up for the game later?
I'm watching it now.
Giants - Cmdrs is tonight!
No
Eagles - Bears wtf?
No, Argentina - France :oldrazz:

Last edited:
2022 Hype Awards Ballot

voting has been extended for the Hype Awards and since this thread is nominated for Thread of the Year and Sports Poster of the Year is it's own category as well, now is the time to make your voice heard!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"