2023 and beyond line-up predictions

Shoppy

Civilian
Reaction score
With no room for "Blade" in 2022 now that the Oct 7th date has been taken by Sony's "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-verse 2", how do you think the 2023 line-up will look?

I'm guessing something like...

Feb 17th - Ant-Man 3
May 5th - Guardians of The Galaxy vol 3
July 28th - Fantastic Four
Nov 3rd - Blade

...any other suggestions?

exactly my take. maybe adding Deadpool 3 under 20th Century studios brand.

February: Blade
May: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3
July: Ant-Man 3
November: Fantastic Four

February- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 3
May- Ant Man 3
July- Fantastic Four
November- Blade

February- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 3
May- Ant Man 3
July- Fantastic Four
November- Blade

This one i would rule out. Of those four titles, I think they'd want to give GOTGv3 the may date if they can.

February: Blade
May: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3
July: Ant-Man 3
November: Fantastic Four

This seems to be the common theory going round at the moment but I think Blade could cash in on a wider audience as well as existing MCU fans and fans of the original Blade trilogy if it was a halloween release. I also wouldn't be surprised if Blade DID that date if they were to bring it forward a week to be out for halloween, It would easily dominate halloween week at the box office.

exactly my take. maybe adding Deadpool 3 under 20th Century studios brand.

I'd say this is pretty likely too. The question is how early in the year. Do you think they could squeeze it in between Feb and May or would it be in the latter half?

With no room for "Blade" in 2022 now that the Oct 7th date has been taken by Sony's "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-verse 2", how do you think the 2023 line-up will look?

I'm guessing something like...

Feb 17th - Ant-Man 3
May 5th - Guardians of The Galaxy vol 3
July 28th - Fantastic Four
Nov 3rd - Blade

...any other suggestions?

Or another sked Marvel can go with

February- Fantastic Four
May- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 3
July- Ant Man 3
November- Blade

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3
Ant-Man and the Stature
Blade Begins

In any order. I just hope there wont be more delays.

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3
Ant-Man and the Stature
Blade Begins.

There's four dates for 2023 not three.

As for the titles, I'm not into throwing title speculation into prediction lists like that. It can just turn a speculation thread based on a combination of likelihood and prefernce into pure fantasy based solely on the latter, and definitely not into doing like you've done with Blade and paraphrasing a title from another franchise.Let's just wait and see, I'd rather it just be "Blade", The original's long enough ago that people will understand it's a reboot.

We definitely won't get "Ant-man and THE(sic) Stature". Cassie's just Stature or Stinger, there's never been a "The" applied to her name like there has with Ant-Man or Wasp. There's no precedent for it and it doesn't sit well as a phrase.

"Ant-Man and the WASPS" would work for me, in reference to Hope, Janet and maybe seeing Cassie as Stinger.

Or another sked Marvel can go with

February- Fantastic Four
May- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 3
July- Ant Man 3
November- Blade
This i could go with. I'd definitely put either Ant-Man or FF in the July slot.

I'd say this is pretty likely too. The question is how early in the year. Do you think they could squeeze it in between Feb and May or would it be in the latter half?

Maybe March?
that or October, that month doesnt have any Avengers related movie, so would be a good month for Deadpool imo (tho being 100% honest, I dont really care if they make or doesnt make it or push it back two more years lol)

Maybe March?
that or October, that month doesnt have any Avengers related movie, so would be a good month for Deadpool imo (tho being 100% honest, I dont really care if they make or doesnt make it or push it back two more years lol)

Yeah i was thinking March too.

Maybe March?
Put Deadpool on Feb 29th, 2023.

I believe a 4th 2023 Marvel movie when I see it. But even before the coronavirus, Marvel couldn't squeeze a third movie in 2020 especially after the Gotg 3 debacle.

As for another Deadpool. I hope they let it rest.

I'm unsure whether that's a joke from someone who doesn't want a Deadpool 3 OR a mistake regarding how many days there are in February next year.

Out of politeness I'm going to assume it to be an accidental mistake with the date rather than a badly delivered joke, as it would be more insulting to assume the latter ;)
Ok I'm gonna assume by "next year" you didn't mean next year, considering the year we're talking about--2023--isn't even "next next year" but "next next next year."

Out of politeness I'm going to assume The Rona is getting people's perception of time all screw~y rather than a badly-typed post insulting my obvious joke. :cwink:

Edit: I do think the sooner we get Reynolds' Deadpool third movie out of the way, the sooner we can reboot the X-men in the MCU.

Last edited:
Ok I'm gonna assume by "next year" you didn't mean next year, considering the year we're talking about--2023--isn't even "next next year" but "next next next year."
Out of politeness I'm going to assume The Rona is getting people's perception of time all screw~y rather than a badly-typed post insulting my obvious joke. :cwink:.
Fair point.
Deleted.

I believe a 4th 2023 Marvel movie when I see it. But even before the coronavirus, Marvel couldn't squeeze a third movie in 2020 especially after the Gotg 3 debacle.

As for another Deadpool. I hope they let it rest.
Iger has made it abundantly clear that they intend to continue on with the Reynolds Deadpool movies.

I think GOTG3 is the obvious May release. Blade makes the most sense for February (First to be revealed) but I really wish they could land an October release for it. Ant-Man 3 makes sense for the third slot. Which leaves the 4th for a new property, most likely The Fantastic Four.

I do think the sooner we get Reynolds' Deadpool third movie out of the way, the sooner we can reboot the X-men in the MCU.

Much as i like Reynolds as Deadpool that's definitely something that needs doing to keep the X-Men reboot neat.

Speaking of which, and taking us back to release dates, what's happening with New Mutants now?

Iger has made it abundantly clear that they intend to continue on with the Reynolds Deadpool movies..

I suppose one way they could do that AND do away with the messy Fox universe is to do Deadpool Corps, have Reynolds appear as both the Deadpool we've already seen AND the MCU version and let his new Wade take it from there.

I think GOTG3 is the obvious May release. Blade makes the most sense for February (First to be revealed) but I really wish they could land an October release for it. Ant-Man 3 makes sense for the third slot. Which leaves the 4th for a new property, most likely The Fantastic Four.

This does seem to be the prevailing theory both here and elsewhere.

Fair point.
Deleted.
All good.
Iger has made it abundantly clear that they intend to continue on with the Reynolds Deadpool movies.
It won't be Rated R under Disney/Marvel Studios. If it's rated R as Iger has said, it'll most likely be under 20th Century banner.
I agree with this order. The two previous Ant-men were released in July.

I don't care what Iger has said. He has like two years left in Disney.

All good.

It won't be Rated R under Disney/Marvel Studios. If it's rated R as Iger has said, it'll most likely be under 20th Century banner.
Yeah, sorry, that was my point. Deadpool won't take up this slot because it's not going to be an MCU branded film.
I don't care what Iger has said. He has like two years left in Disney.
COVID-19 has brought Iger back behind the helm indefinitely, he'll for sure be there for greenlighting any Deadpool plans in the immediate future, if that paperwork hasn't been signed already. And there's no reason to think another CEO would act differently. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Deadpool has been hugely profitable as an R-Rated franchise. We all saw what happened to The Expendables series when the suits tried to dumb it down to get more dollars. It crashed and burned.

If New Mutants is anything like Dark Phoenix, it’s probably contracted to have a theatrical release, no matter the enthusiasm (or lack thereof). Though what that contract says about the absence of theatres to play said movie, during a pandemic, who knows.

In the case of going straight to On Demand, it’ll probably have go to HBO, not to Disney Plus. Similar to Dark Phoenix.

Deadpool will go on as long as the films are profitable and Reynolds wants to do it. We haven't even gotten to X-Force yet.

I'm not convinced that Reynolds DP won't be in the MCU until I read an official statement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"