20th Century Fox Suing Over Warner Bros. Watchmen

"The Watchmen"? Sheesh, they can't even get the name right. :whatever:

Though I think it's more likely Fox is just making a play to get their grubby little hands on more money, if they really DO want to prevent this film's release, well... I wouldn't put it past them. They're not above sabotaging and burying their own shows (see: "Firefly", "Arrested Development"), so sticking the knife into the backs of their competitors is hardly a surprising move.

I have a suggestion. We could do like with did in norway with the soda Urge(known as Surge in the US. Btw, norway is the only country that still produce this soda). Some guy wanted to bring back Urge on 1,5l bottles, since it was only in 0,5l bottles. So he sent a letter to the Coca Cola company, and startet a facebook group. By one and a half month the gruop had raised from 50 members to app. 30 000 members. So he sent a new letter, and guess what. By 5.september will be seeing Urge in 1,5l bottles!

We should make a group with people who will boycott fox movies, if they do something with watchmen. Fox only got ****ty movies coming out anyway.

Just a thought.

I have a suggestion. We could do like with did in norway with the soda Urge(known as Surge in the US. Btw, norway is the only country that still produce this soda). Some guy wanted to bring back Urge on 1,5l bottles, since it was only in 0,5l bottles. So he sent a letter to the Coca Cola company, and startet a facebook group. By one and a half month the gruop had raised from 50 members to app. 30 000 members. So he sent a new letter, and guess what. By 5.september will be seeing Urge in 1,5l bottles!

We should make a group with people who will boycott fox movies, if they do something with watchmen. Fox only got ****ty movies coming out anyway.

Just a thought.

Fan petitions did little to save the aformentioned shows. So I doubt any gathering of us film geeks would keep Fox's claws out of their new cash cow.

This sucks to high heaven, finally we get a good film to be excited about, and now FOX (The worst production company in existence) decides to **** on our parade. The fact that FOX waited up until now to do this, makes them look like a bunch of greedy *******s (which they are).

Well I hope we got some updates soon, either from WB or Zack. If the website shuts down and all pictures and trailers are removed from the net, well it will indeed be a sad day for the comic fan. And the beginning of the end for Fox.

You know what I wish? I wish all the heads at Fox had one throat and I had my hands around it. :(

We should start a movement, let's send some smiley pins to Fox. We could call the campaign "Let us watch the Watchmen"

Well I hope we got some updates soon, either from WB or Zack. If the website shuts down and all pictures and trailers are removed from the net, well it will indeed be a sad day for the comic fan. And the beginning of the end for Fox.
It would be the ultimate lost movie :woot:

Fox would look up & shout make Wolverine a hit & I would look down & whisper no

Fox had their chance to make the movie, and they didn't. Just watch Fantastic Four if you wanna see proof of how Fox handles comic book adaptations. I have been waiting for this movie forever, it better not get shelved of delayed because of Fox.

I wonder if Fox knows how hated it is.
It's bad enough that they ruin their own comic book films, but now they are trying to get their claws into Watchmen. They didnt even get the name right.

I wonder if Fox knows how hated it is.
It's bad enough that they ruin their own comic book films, but now they are trying to get their claws into Watchmen. They didnt even get the name right.

Like I said, they knew they didn't have the skill to actually make money doing the film themselves. So they decided to lay low, and wait for someone else to make the film, then launch a suit to get money out of them. This way they can make money out of "Watchmen" without having to actually make any effort.

So could this have any effect on the release of the film?

If they're serious about stopping the film from being made, and they win, yes, it could mean the release is delayed, or scrapped altogether.

However, the more likely scenario is that Fox is just bleeding WB for money, and it's waited this long to make its claim BECAUSE they know WB are too far along to pull the plug, and will pay ridiculous amounts of money to make Fox back off. If Fox accept a big fat cash settlement (as they likely will), the release will be unaffected.

This is such a b***h move by FOX.

Just because another studio is that much better at CBM than they are, they gotta pull some bs like this.

Its so freakin' petty. Further proof of how much FOX sucks.

This is such a b***h move by FOX.

Just because another studio is that much better at CBM than they are, they gotta pull some bs like this.

Its so freakin' petty. Further proof of how much FOX sucks.

Look, as much as we all hate Fox, they still own the rights to the film. It's WB's fault for not making sure they had the rights to make it.

Fox isn't doing anything that any of you wouldn't do if someone was ripping you off.

From IMDB:

Bosses at Twentieth Century Fox have launched a legal battle to block the release of new comic book movie Watchmen.
The film, based on the comic books written by Alan Moore, is due to hit cinemas in March 2009.
But the release has now been thrown into jeopardy after chiefs at Fox filed legal papers in Los Angeles claiming they bought the rights to the series in the 1980s - and seeking an injunction against rival studio Warner Bros in a bid to halt the picture.
A spokesman for Fox says the company will be "asking the court to enforce our copyright interests" and urging the judge to stop the release of the movie and "any related Watchmen media that violate our copyright interests in that property".
A representative for Warner Bros adds, "We respectfully disagree with Fox's position and do not believe they have any rights."
The film stars Patrick Wilson and Jeffrey Dean Morgan and is directed by Zack Snyder, who helmed 2007 movie 300.

(So yes Fox is trying to block the release)

You've got to be kidding.

There's no way they'd actually try to do that. No way.

Look, as much as we all hate Fox, they still own the rights to the film. It's WB's fault for not making sure they had the rights to make it.

Fox isn't doing anything that any of you wouldn't do if someone was ripping you off.

I don't think its so much the fact that Fox are laying claim to their rights over the movie that is pissing people off. Rather, it's the fact that they waited as long as they did to stake the claim. Are Fox legally "right"? Sure. But that doesn't change the fact that it's a scummy and opportunistic move.

I don't think its so much the fact that Fox are laying claim to their rights over the movie that is pissing people off. Rather, it's the fact that they waited as long as they did to stake the claim. Are Fox legally "right"? Sure. But that doesn't change the fact that it's a scummy and opportunistic move.

True.

Which is why I think they are only out for money and wouldn't really stop the film from being released.

What I don't get is, WB had the rights to all the other DC properties before Fox got Watchmen. So how did Fox manage to get them? :huh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"