20th Century Fox Suing Over Warner Bros. Watchmen

What I don't get is, WB had the rights to all the other DC properties before Fox got Watchmen. So how did Fox manage to get them? :huh:

They paid the rights for them. Then it went to WB, Universal, Paramount and then back to WB.

Its good for Watchmen as its a big story, more people will take notice, but bad PR for Fox.

"The Watchmen"? Sheesh, they can't even get the name right. :whatever:

Though I think it's more likely Fox is just making a play to get their grubby little hands on more money, if they really DO want to prevent this film's release, well... I wouldn't put it past them. They're not above sabotaging and burying their own shows (see: "Firefly", "Arrested Development"), so sticking the knife into the backs of their competitors is hardly a surprising move.

For their sake, that better not be the case.

Because, quite literally, there will be deaths if that happens.

I just heard about this fooolishness with FOX on Attack Of The Show.

What's the matter with FOX just because The X-Files tanked and they have been outting nothing but garbage in the theaters and on tv,they wanna pull this stunt??

Hmmmmm......boycott....I hear about Wolverine summer of 2009??
FOX still has a few angry fans from that X-Men The Last Stand....buffonery..:bh:

I just heard about this fooolishness with FOX on Attack Of The Show.

What's the matter with FOX just because The X-Files tanked and they have been putting out nothing but garbage in the theaters and on tv,they wanna pull this stunt??

Hmmmmm......boycott....I hear about Wolverine summer of 2009??
FOX still has a few angry fans from that X-Men The Last Stand....buffonery..:bh:

good god fox releases nothing but garbage since 03 when x-2 came out and now they pull this crap with watchmen why im i not surprised

I could definitely pass like Steve Nash on FOX's Wolverine movie if they f*** this release up.

The person that's in charge of the legal rights for this film should be fired.

How could you overlook something this big?!?! Fox sucks, but I don't blame them one iota for going after the money since they own the rights in the first damn place.

I bet you at the end of this, the Wolverine trailer is playing with Watchmen, I guarantee it.

Hey look at MGM and AUSTIN POWERS IN GOLDMEMBER.

Listen, everyone's boo hissing Fox. But you know, it's not like WB has always been guitless of things like this. Like Time Warner's never done anything underhanded in their dealings. Because they have. This is corporate politics.

The person that's in charge of the legal rights for this film should be fired.

How could you overlook something this big?!?! Fox sucks, but I don't blame them one iota for going after the money since they own the rights in the first damn place.

If they want money, FINE.
If they shut down the release, that is when I'll be pissed. Dont take it out on the fans.

Because FOX sooooooooo cares about the fans. :whatever:

I wasnt saying that they do. What I am saying is, they better not go to far. They screw the fans and we can screw them worse.

I wasnt saying that they do. What I am saying is, they better not go to far. They screw the fans and we can screw them worse.

I really doubt they would go that far, it makes more sense they just want money.

But if they do, I imagine the movie would 'accidentally' leak onto the internet.

I'd just hate to see the version of Watchmen that Fox would try and release...

Guys stop melodramatizing.

Nothing will stop Watchmen from getting released. It will be released.

And once all this is over, Fox will more than likely have Wolverine trailers shown before the movie. This is nothing new for studio politics.

Remember after all the MGM/Goldmember stupidity what happened? Die Another Day trailers in front of Goldmember.

Marvel suing Sony to get back the film rights for Spider-man? Sony ended up keeping the movie rights for even longer. It didn't even affect Spider-man 2 or 3. Sony is still doing it through 4 as of now.

Exactly, TheVileOne.

This is all just regular studio politics. Fox would have been dumb not to go after WB and get their money seeing as they own the property.

And the WB is stupid for not just completely buying the rights for themselves. This is a huge blunder on their part.

I'd just hate to see the version of Watchmen that Fox would try and release...

It would be at most 2 hours and 10 minutes long, rated PG-13. And they would franchise that thing like X-Men, sequels and spinoffs.

It would be at most 2 hours and 10 minutes long, rated PG-13. And they would franchise that thing like X-Men, sequels and spinoffs.

Watchmen Origins: Nite-Owl

Listen enough already.

Listen, we heard about this thing months and months ago. It's not derailed a darn thing yet. This movie is going off.

You are overreacting over fake headlines because that's what they want you to do. Saying Watchmen might never get released is a lot sexier to low traffic reporters and bloggers and what not than the actual truth.

The truth of the matter is this has happened before, and it's never prevented a film from getting released. Fox just wants Wolverine trailers in front of Watchmen, that simple.

Listen enough already.

Listen, we heard about this thing months and months ago. It's not derailed a darn thing yet. This movie is going off.

You are overreacting over fake headlines because that's what they want you to do. Saying Watchmen might never get released is a lot sexier to low traffic reporters and bloggers and what not than the actual truth.

The truth of the matter is this has happened before, and it's never prevented a film from getting released. Fox just wants Wolverine trailers in front of Watchmen, that simple.

My last one was a joke, by the way. Dont trip.

Listen enough already.

The voice of reason! (I'm actually kind of stunned.)

Fox is just being extremely smart and is posturing as well they should. They had a crappy year at the box office and this must seem like a gift from Heaven. Threaten to kill a movie that's already in the can, win a few court battles and their settlement percentage will go through the roof. Watchmen will hit theatres but now Fox will have a nice piece of the pie for doing nothing but pay a few lawyers. Plus, I'm confident that TheVileOne is right and the Wolverine trailer will be attached to all copies with the WB's paying the bill.

Fox has been paying attention to the current buzz, and they want a slice of the pie.

Either way, Fox needs to stop this. They are making themselves look like whiny babies. It's like how a kid has a stuffed animal that he/she didn't want until someone else decided to play with it.

As many people have already stated ... Snooze, you lose.

I am sure the FOX version of Watchmen would be 1 hour and 30 min and rated pg-13. All they care about anymore is squeezing as many show times into a day as possible and making everything pg-13.

Guys the courts denied WB's appeal to throw it out. That means that Fox does have a legal claim, like it or not.

Look, I'm not a big fan of Fox or Tom Rothman, or the guys with their law degrees that know nothing about movies whom are running the company. All of you should know that by now.

However, Time Warner aren't these pure angels getting picked on here. They've played corporate politics before as well. They've let the fans down before too.

This movie will NOT get killed. So get that out of your heads. I guarantee you Snyder isn't worried and he's finishing this movie no matter what. No matter what Fox says they cannot prevent this movie from being released. Look at the previous precedents. Look where this has led before. Remember how everyone overreacted about the Favreau/Iron Man news? After that so many people here wanted to throw Marvel Studios under the bus over that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"