Sequels 20thCenturyFox's Future Spin-offs and Solo Movies

Angamb

Avenger
Reaction score
Taking into account that Days of future Past will more than likely be a great success and possibly Huge, and that Fox will do more team movies, with original cast, FC cast, or both... you know, to Expand the universe like Marvel is doing and how Warner will do too, more than likely after Man of Steel success; appart from these x-men team movies...

- What Spin-offs and Solo movies would you like to see during the next 6-10 years?

Ive added some possible proyects on the poll, with multiple vote option, but if any of your wish film isnt on the list, choose 'other' and post it on the topic to discuss about it too

:xmen:

Last edited:
Release all those solo movies and expect this movie series to oversaturate and bomb at the box-office.

No more spin-offs. please.

Deadpool- If they stick to the script this will be a great and very different take on comic films. The film will have a strong following regardless due to the humor, style, in jokes and graphic violence. Not really anything like it out there comic flick wise.

Gambit- A film about the Thieves guild could be cool and give a different feel to the X movies. Hire a writer who knows about heist flicks and they could probably come up with some fun stuff. Maybe have him meet or join the X-Men at the end.

X-Force or Uncanny X-Force- A Cable or Wolverine lead team would be awesome depending were the franchise is post DOFP. I feel the Uncanny X-Force line up would get the most attention due to it's roster and being the best reviewed modern X-Story, but I would like to see Cable's crew as well.

FC follow up- I don't think a Cyclops solo is really required since essentially he's always with the main X-men team and is their leader. He should be leading the team no matter what by the next film. But I would really like to see his origins with Jean and his family explored in a First Class follow up with Sinister as the Villain as well. The 80s FC team can have a strong line up and the decade should be alot of fun.

Last edited:
Release all those solo movies and expect this movie series to oversaturate and bomb at the box-office.

No more spin-offs. please.

If they want to expand the universe they have no choice BUT to do solo movies or other team movies.

You keep getting stuck on the fact that if a movis isn't as big as the past movies or on par with Days of Future Past that it's a flop when that's not how things work. Look at Marvel - Thor and Captain America's solo movies didn't perform as well as Iron Man or Iron Man 2 yet they were still successful and they are pushing forward with MORE spin-off and solo movies in the future.

If Fox went wants to start competing with that they are going to HAVE to expand the X-Men universe outside of the main team.

Deadpool- If they stick to the script this will be a great and very different take on comic films. The film will have a strong following regardless due to the humor, style in jokes and graphic violence. Not really anything like it out there.

Gambit- A film about the Thieves guild could be cool and give a different feel to the X movies. Hire a writer who knows about heist flicks and they could probably come up with some fun stuff. Maybe have him meet or join the X-Men at the end.

X-Force or Uncanny X-Force- A Cable or Wolverine lead team would be awesome depending were the franchise is post DOFP. I feel the Uncanny X-Force line up would get the most attention due to it's roster and being the best reviewed modern X-Story, but I would like to see Cable's crew as well.

FC follow up- I don't think a Cyclops solo is really required since essentially he's always with the main X-men team and is their leader. He should be leading the team no matter what by the next film. But I would really like to see his origins with Jean and his family explored in a First Class follow up with Sinister as the Villain as well. The 80s FC team can have a strong line up and the decade should be alot of fun.

Love these ideas, especially Gambit. His solo comic run was fantastic! I would also add:

X-Corp: Would really be great to see this one since is more focused on mediating the connections and relationships worldwide between mutants and humans. Would almost be like a mutant-only version of SHIELD.

X-Factor Investigations: Another awesome idea, especially if they keep the focus small and sort of noir like that comics are. Would be a really unique idea I think personally.

Would also be cool to see solo movies or at least appearances from the Muir Island team and Genosha.

There are tons of opportunities to expand the universe.

another mutant team led by cable could actually be quite good, id go see it, obviously could have a cameo or 2 from the Xmen to show its in the same universe if they liked

i'm fully up for FC3 with young cyclops,jean and storm

Personally, Id preffer a GAMBIT solo movie the most.

To me, he is just the other hot and popular mutant that most people know and like, so it could be great to know his origing, develop him a bit, and maybe add a few small cameos from the main team, like Rogue or so.

And of course... this way he could join the team on the team movie after his spin-off, and audience will be more familiar with him yet and no need to tell us who he is and where does he comes from.

If they want to expand the universe they have no choice BUT to do solo movies or other team movies.

You keep getting stuck on the fact that if a movis isn't as big as the past movies or on par with Days of Future Past that it's a flop when that's not how things work. Look at Marvel - Thor and Captain America's solo movies didn't perform as well as Iron Man or Iron Man 2 yet they were still successful and they are pushing forward with MORE spin-off and solo movies in the future.

If Fox went wants to start competing with that they are going to HAVE to expand the X-Men universe outside of the main team.

There's a reason why none of the spin-offs suggested in this poll haven't been in pre-production stage.

And they can expand the film universe by releasing 1 movie for every 2 to 3 years. They don't necessarily need to do a new movie every year.

And MCU isn't releasing spin-offs so its not the same thing with X-Men releasing spin-offs.

Last edited:
X-Factor Investigations: Another awesome idea, especially if they keep the focus small and sort of noir like that comics are. Would be a really unique idea I think personally.

Yeah, an X-Factor flick would be cool. Wouldn't mind a team with Havok and Polaris.

another mutant team led by cable could actually be quite good, id go see it, obviously could have a cameo or 2 from the Xmen to show its in the same universe if they liked
Agreed

I forgot to add X-factor the poll, my bad! sorry

Ive read many people saying that they lovev that series, and Jamie Madroxx is the lead right?

he would really shine on a spin-off, with a different tone and less characters

And they can expand the film universe by releasing 1 movie for every 2 to 3 years. They don't necessarily need to do a new movie every year.

You don't keep doing a movie with the same teams and same characters and say you're expanding a universe, that the complete opposite. Expanding the universe means following new or different characters in new storylines and situations. It needs to feel like there is something going on outside of the main X-Men team.

And MCU isn't releasing spin-offs so its not the same thing with X-Men releasing spin-offs.

Uh, what do you call Guardians of the Galaxy? That certainly would qualify as a spin-off or "expanding the universe." Not to mention there's talk of Black Panther, Ant-Man, Doctor Strange, The Runaways, and Inhumans movies.

That's universe expanding and world building. If Fox wants their X-Men and mutant franchise to keep up and compete they aren't going to have to think about doing something like this, they are going to HAVE to do this.

That's universe expanding and world building. If Fox wants their X-Men and mutant franchise to keep up and compete they aren't going to have to think about doing something like this, they are going to HAVE to do this.

This

lets just wait to see how Man of Steel will be a great hit, the sequel even more, and then Justice League and more solo movies from that world.

By that time, Marvel will have like 15 solo movies and 3 Avengers movies.

So Fox wont wait all that time to get their huge money from their awesome comics property. They will step their game up before Warner's next solo movie.

I would bet on that.

You don't keep doing a movie with the same teams and same characters and say you're expanding a universe, that the complete opposite. Expanding the universe means following new or different characters in new storylines and situations. It needs to feel like there is something going on outside of the main X-Men team.

Uh, what do you call Guardians of the Galaxy? That certainly would qualify as a spin-off or "expanding the universe." Not to mention there's talk of Black Panther, Ant-Man, Doctor Strange, The Runaways, and Inhumans movies.

And I didn't say anything about adding new members of the X-Men and introducing new villains? Read some of my posts where I wrote that prof X/Magneto/Mystique/Brotherhood shouldn't comeback for the next movie. And they don't have to release spin-offs just to expand their universe. They just need to introduce new characters and maybe go to new locations and of course they'll come upwith a new story for every new movie.

And Guardians of the Galaxy is definitely not a spin-off. Its a brand new film or series, and most viewers won't see it as an Iron Man film, Avengers film, Thor film and Captain America films even some of the characters might appear in the next The Avengers movie. With X-Men, it doesn't work out like that, release a First Class movie, release a Wolverine movie, release a X-Factor movie, release a New Mutants and I'm pretty sure FOX would let the viewers know its under the X-Men films category or its a X-Men spin-off/prequel film. With MCU, even if they have those cameos from Iron Man, Nick Fury, people will not see them as spin-offs, people see them as their own thing. Well unless they release a solo movie for Winter Soldier, Loki, War Machine, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Nick Fury, Rocket Raccoon, they will definitely be seen as spin-offs and as of right now, they have no plans in developing a solo film for those characters.

And even if MCU releases film every year, you won't hear the mainstream audience saying "another MCU film?" because most of their characters can stand on their own and they won't have to rely on brand/popularity/name of Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, Hulk... they can be seen as their own thing. But with the X-Men, I expect people to say "another X-Men film? another X-Men spin-off? when are they gonna do X-Men 4 or 5" if they release a new X-Men-related film every year.

Thats why FOX should just focus on making movies for the original cast of the X-Men and Fantastic Four. Even if the next FF film flops it won't have an effect on future X-Men films. But if a Wolverine movie disappoints, a First Class movie disappoints, it could harm the future X-Men movies.

Last edited:

It would be cool, specially if its set on an apocalyptic world, and with a whole different tone from original trilogy and First Class.

If the roster is new and fresh, many non hard Original trilogy fans would really appreciate it, Im sure.

But yeah, one or two cameos would be cool, to connect it to the movie universe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"