21 Bridges

James.B

In search of the absurd
Reaction score
Chadwick Boseman is reteaming with Joe and Anthony Russo to produce and star in the action thriller 17 Bridges from STXfilms. The studio, which acquired the spec script back in 2016, reportedly beat out Sony, Warner Bros and Universal for the project.

Brian Kirk (Luther, Game of Thrones) has signed on to direct from a script by Adam Mervi. It follows a disgraced NYPD detective (Boseman) who, after being thrust into a citywide manhunt for a cop killer, is given a shot at redemption.
Sources describe it as INSIDE MAN meets HEAT.

The Russo Brothers will produce the pic with Boseman and his writing and producing partner Logan Coles, while Mike Larocca will serve as the executive producer via their AGBO banner. STXfilms’ Drew Simon and Kate Vorhoff will oversee the film’s production, slated to commence in September.

https://deadline.com/2018/07/chadwick-boseman-17-bridges-russo-brothers-stx-1202424690/

Last edited:
I hope this is a movie about Boseman running around New York, trying to keep 17 bridges from collapsing.

It'll actually be refreshing to see Boseman in something that's not a biopic or a superhero film.

I wish the Russos were actually directing this.

Cool, can't wait to see Chadwick as a brooding, intense, flawed detective. I love movies like this.

First look

DoHPVfJXsAALdQ0.jpg

Cool, can't wait to see Chadwick as a brooding, intense, flawed detective. I love movies like this.
Prepare to be amazed, at the number of times you see his mouth open as camera pans and zooms to his face.

Guy Ritchie’s ‘Toff Guys’ Gets New Title, Chadwick Boseman In ’21 Bridges’, ‘Bad Moms’ Moms’ & More: STX At CinemaCon

“When I ride the script, I knew it would be a ride,” said Chadwick Boseman saying he loved the Russo brothers produced movie because “it had the fast paced language like David Mamet.” Plotline is that a disgraced detective in the NYPD is given a shot at redemption. But the hook, and hence the title as Boseman chases down Stephen James antagonist is there’s “21 bridges in and out of NY, shut them down, shut down the trains,” says Boseman’s cop to his force as he tries to corner the guy. Boseman followed LA and NY cops in prepping for the part. “One of the things they talk about is how the job takes over their entire lives, that’s one element in this film that we try to stay true to,” said the Black Panther thespian. 21 Bridges hits theaters on July 12. Brian Kirk directs, and it’s high octane action, and chases scenes through NYC.

Nice. I’m so here for this. Boseman is awesome and James is fantastic.

Nice little tease there, oldschool action movie vibe about that footage.

Nice little tease there, oldschool action movie vibe about that footage.

Let's hope that this'll be a spiritual successor of the late 80s/early 90s actioners like Passenger 57, Action Jackson etc.

Let's hope that this'll be a spiritual successor of the late 80s/early 90s actioners like Passenger 57, Action Jackson etc.

I know what you're saying as they were action films with black leads, but I'm hoping Chadwick gets a Die Hard/Lethal Weapon/Speed level script here. :D:

Yeah, STX and Lionsgate have come up in the past few years. They get A-list talent like a mother****er.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"