25 Events That [Mis] Shaped Black America

I would say the biggest thing that has mishaped African America is the fact that they pursue rap instead of reshaping their image. They are a walking steriotype.

I would say the biggest thing that has mishaped African America is the fact that they pursue rap instead of reshaping their image. They are a walking steriotype.

"They"? So are you being completely inclusive of all African Americans? All African Americans pursue rap?

I wish to enlighten some people. Stop watching BET. It kills. Like meth.

A lot of racists on here...Hmm.

Carry on.

Yeah, the drugs were a biggie. Other races did and do drugs, but we just ****ed ourselves up big time on them.

Come on man...this country is overwhelmingly white. More of them on drugs than black people.

No, BET is a shining example of how America has shaped our way of thinking. It began when they made it illegal for us to read, the only sense in that law would be due to the fact they are afraid of free educated slaves. We need to realize that our way of thinking wasn't born with us, it was given to us. A whole generation hated on, by being denied basic human dignities over the course of this country's history. I say we should start investigating the conspiracy as why we are consistently being brainwashed. I gave p on BET long since Donny Simpson stopped hosting Video Soul.

:wow: :wow: :wow:

How shocking.

They all got fair trials and deserve to be there too...:whatever:

You said it. Quite truthfully, they got off light. ALL murderers and rapists should be executed. All thieves should have their hands cut off and all violent crime offenders should receive 10 lashes from a Singapore cane. That will take care of the crime issues in America real quick.

You said it. Quite truthfully, they got off light. ALL murderers and rapists should be executed. All thieves should have their hands cut off and all violent crime offenders should receive 10 lashes from a Singapore cane. That will take care of the crime issues in America real quick.

Haha, you really don't want this fight in here, man. I'm being honest with you now. You'll find yourself overwhelmed in a matter of posts.

Come on man...this country is overwhelmingly white. More of them on drugs than black people.

Of course there are. But considering how few of us there are, it'll appear like we're all on it.

why is BET saying the civil war misshaped blacks? didnt it sort of...i dunno...result in them being freed?

They all got fair trials and deserve to be there too...:whatever:

automatically assuming someone didnt get a fair trial simply because they are black is a pretty ignorant mindset, and racist in its own right. its a ridiculous charge that you cant fairly sling around unless you have something to back it up (which, is impossible for you to do).

(no specific order)
Whitey
whips and chains
the english language
slavery
the cotton industry
Civil War
Klu Klux Klan
marijuana
watermelon
chitlins
ribs
fried chicken
collards
heroin(heron)
grape soda
Billy Dee Williams
malt liquor
crack
The prison system
gangsta rap
fat asses
sol-glo
weaves
gold teeth
fubu
I'm gonna have to combat one or two of these...

Grape Soda
Sure, it's a stereotype that we drink it all the time, but there is honestly nothing about drinking grape soda that brings down black people, or casts us in a negative light.

Watermelon
Eating watermelon is actually one of the more clever things our slave ancestors ever did. Slave owners gave slaves table scraps to eat, sort of. The bits and pieces of animals that nobody eats (the pig's feet and intestines, for example) were given to the slaves to eat. They weren't stupid. They knew those animals parts were crap. That's why they started consuming copious amounts of watermelon-- to clean out their systems.

Billy Dee Williams
You've got to be kidding me.

why is BET saying the civil war misshaped blacks? didnt it sort of...i dunno...result in them being freed?

Well the title is [mis]shaped, with mis in brackets. This doesn't seem like a list of bad things, just a list of things.

So the Supreme Court would certainly be on that list both as a negative (Plessy v. Ferguson) and a positive (Brown v Board of Education). So Slim, if you're reading this, you can calm down about it now.

they go get Paul Mooney and a bunch comedians and celebs who probably party more than they read, slam America and anything else.

Paul Mooney is quite articulate.
this suggests at least a moderate amount of reading.

he is also quite "clean" :huh:

Grape Soda
Sure, it's a stereotype that we drink it all the time, but there is honestly nothing about drinking grape soda that brings down black people, or casts us in a negative light.

Watermelon
Eating watermelon is actually one of the more clever things our slave ancestors ever did. Slave owners gave slaves table scraps to eat, sort of. The bits and pieces of animals that nobody eats (the pig's feet and intestines, for example) were given to the slaves to eat. They weren't stupid. They knew those animals parts were crap. That's why they started consuming copious amounts of watermelon-- to clean out their systems.

Billy Dee Williams

Grape Soda
Oh, come on. Who doesn't love grape soda?

Watermelon
Did you know that watermelon is actually like a breath mint for you bowels? True story.

Billy Dee Williams
You've got to be kidding ME. :whatever:

Watermelon

Oh wow

Grape Soda

I didn't know it was supposed to be what brought blacks down. I thought it was what shaped them to be what they are today.

Watermelon
Eating watermelon is actually one of the more clever things our slave ancestors ever did. Slave owners gave slaves table scraps to eat, sort of. The bits and pieces of animals that nobody eats (the pig's feet and intestines, for example) were given to the slaves to eat. They weren't stupid. They knew those animals parts were crap. That's why they started consuming copious amounts of watermelon-- to clean out their systems..
Still beats what the rest of the world eats.

Billy Dee Williams
The first black man in space and the proud promoter of Colt 45.

Of course there are. But considering how few of us there are, it'll appear like we're all on it.
I've always wondered, what percentage of the U.S. actually is black?

Carl Weathers will save us all!
espy_awards_19_wenn1450311.jpg

Well the title is [mis]shaped, with mis in brackets. This doesn't seem like a list of bad things, just a list of things.

So the Supreme Court would certainly be on that list both as a negative (Plessy v. Ferguson) and a positive (Brown v Board of Education). So Slim, if you're reading this, you can calm down about it now.

Dude...already know that! My point is that they only focused on the negative,,,,,,,,from a period when we knew it would be negative.

Again...this whole stupid show was negative. We get nothing positive from this network. We're sitting on tons of great, inspiring black history.....
Bessie Coleman----first black woman aviator
Louis Lattimer
The Buffalo soldiers
CJ Walker-----------first black female millionaire

Do we get shows about these people? No. But do get documentaries about drug dealers like Nicky Barnes and Frank Lucas. And other assorted mobsters and killers.

I hate BET. What a waste.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"