3000 and Atwell in Hendrix biopic

tamron

Sidekick
Reaction score
http://music.yahoo.com/read/news/31933823

Yahoo said:
Quentin Tarantino will direct a forthcoming biopic about Jimi Hendrix, according to reports.

The infamous filmmaker is said to have agreed to shoot the film, which is thought to have been in production for some months.

Tarantino will collaborate with Leon Hendrix, Jimi's brother, on the movie, and will be given full access to his name, likeness, and archive interview footage for the project.

Shooting is expected to begin later this year, with the movie scheduled to take in numerous cities that played host to the life of Hendrix, including Seattle, New York, Toronto, and London.

I wonder who he'll get to play Jimi. I know Andre 3000 was talking up playing him awhile back. He has the look, but I don't know if he's got the chops.

Andre 3000 does have a similar look, and he hasn't been terrible in movies i have seen, but it seems unlike Tarantino to hire someone like Andre 3000. I also have doubts about this report, it doesnt seem like Tarantino to be part of a project that he did not develop by himself.

So what movie is this going to pay tribute to? The Doors? Maybe Spinal Tap? Walk the Line or Ray (they seem to recent)

Interesting choice. Tarantino has so far only directed action movies. Granted, unconventional action movies but action movies all the same. But I think his use of snappy dialogue could serve a Hendrix biopic well.

Killgore said:
I'd rather see Inglorious Bastards.

Me too. I actually wish he would have put off Grind House(which sounds cool) so he could make IB. It seems like the coolest movie, almost like Reservoir Dogs meets Saving Private Ryan.

Yeah very interesting to get Tarantino involved. I think Andre Benjamin would be a good choice for Hendrix

It's a Tarantino movie. Samuel L. Jackson will play Jimi. John travolta will have a cameo as Jim Morrison.

Purple Haze Motherf**ker! In my brain!
Does he look like the Lizard King?
I said DOES HE LOOK LIKE THE LIZARD KING!

im wondering if tarantino is gonna write it, or if he's gonna take existing drafts and spruce it up to his specifications, or what....

Big Hendrix fan so its cool to know that the project will be getting someone good.

How many people is Hendrix going to kill in this movie?

This is going to rock! (No pun intended)

It is NOT true at all - pure rumor. QT is NOT doing this project.

Cinemaman said:
WOW! Tarantino? Think it will be great movie!

Too bad it is not True (QT denied the report and said it was total BS)

reggiebar said:
Too bad it is not True (QT denied the report and said it was total BS)

Blabbermouth.net said:
Quentin Tarantino has shot down published reports that signed on to direct the long-awaited Jimi Hendrix biopic. The movie maker was previously said to be a huge fan of the script of the film, according to producers at Dragonslayer Films, and was expected to team up with Hendrix's brother Leon to tell the story of the guitar great's life. Shooting was allegedly set to begin later this year in Seattle, Washington; New York, Toronto, Canada; and London.

According to the Ain't It Cool News web site, Quentin was asked about the reports Thursday night (April 27) at a film festival in Texas. When told that he was rumored to be making the "Purple Haze" of biopics, Tarantino reportedly just began shaking his head. "Complete fabrication," he said. "There's not even an iota of truth to it."

That sucks.

The only biopic I'd like to see Tarantino tackle would be an Elvis movie. He'd do his life total justice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"