360 or Original, which Xbox should I get??

Dark Spidey

Civilian
Reaction score
This will be my first games console since I stopped playing my N64 six years ago! But before you all yell "360!!!", please take these factors into account...

1) At the moment, of the list of games I would purchase and play on the 360, 6 out of 9 are original Xbox games (that I would have to download the emulation software for).

2) If I purchase a 360, it would be the Pro/Premium package which would cost me about £250. Where as I have seen brand new Original Xbox's for sale for only £100. So I could potentially save myself £150!

3) From what I understand, Microsoft is currently in the process of fazing out the troublesome Zephyr motherboard. If I hold out on buying a 360 now, I could wait until the end of next year and not only would I get it for cheaper, but i'd almost be certain to get the new Falcon motherboards that everyone wants. As well as being cooler and quieter, the new 360's are supposed to be less likely to give you the "red ring of death". Allegedly.

4) I might even be able to hold out and skip getting the 360 altogther, instead waiting for Microsofts Eighth generation console (whatever that may be). Which would hopefully play both Original and 360 games!!

So... any input guys?

Go with the Xbox 360. Better controller and better games IMO.

i say go ahead and make the leap to the 360. There are too many great games out now and coming out that would justify your purchase. If you want to wait then do so, but i wouldn't spend any money on a last gen xbox being that MS has pretty much made them obsolete.

The Xbox could take a bullet and keep on functioning. The 360 explodes if you give it a stern look. How much do you value your money?

The Xbox could take a bullet and keep on functioning. The 360 explodes if you give it a stern look. How much do you value your money?

the new 360's supposedly dont have the overheating problem, and come with a 3 years manufacturers warranty, standard...go with the 360 despite idiotic comments like this one :o

Buy a 360, but you won't be able to stand your tv on top of it like you could with the original :o

What the hell are you talking about. He is looking at a NEW 360. New, as in has no RROD issues, or overheating issues. Shut up, and go home.

The new ones are just as RROD prone as the old ones. 65nm process and all. Stay in school.

Get the 360. An old XBOX would be a waste, they don't make games for it anymore. Plus, more & more XBOX games are getting compatible to it.

If you wait for the next XBOX, you'll go years without new games.

The new ones are just as RROD prone as the old ones. 65nm process and all. Stay in school.

Proof? Besides that one pic that was posted before that was fake?

Spider-Vader: Get a 360. If you're that worried about the RROD just make sure that its one of the Falcon models. The info you need to know is on the box so just check it out before you buy it. You get 3 years warranty on it no matter what, if a RROD occurs it gets repaired or a new one for free.

Haha, how was that fake exactly? It was a picture of the "falcon" getting a RROD. No fake. The GPU is what causes the heat problems, and it doesn't get anything new until '08. The 360s still die, so stop wasting people's time looking for a Falcon thinking you're going to escape from Microsoft's shoddy manufacturing. You aren't. Or, heh, you could buy one and then when it breaks, just take it back to the store and complain that they sold you a "fake" console.

Haha, how was that fake exactly? It was a picture of the "falcon" getting a RROD. No fake. The GPU is what causes the heat problems, and it doesn't get anything new until '08. The 360s still die, so stop wasting people's time looking for a Falcon thinking you're going to escape from Microsoft's shoddy manufacturing. You aren't. Or, heh, you could buy one and then when it breaks, just take it back to the store and complain that they sold you a "fake" console.

No, that was a fake. I can't remember who posted that picture, but it was from a forum, and he failed to post the other picture along with it that had displayed the manufacturing date, which shows it was made BEFORE the Falcon models date. People thought it was real because they thought all the Halo 3 edition 360s were all Falcon models which was the one in the pic, but they aren't, thats been confirmed. That wasn't a Falcon model.

Ok. So you don't remember who posted what, don't have a link, have no proof, but it's fake. Right. Ok.

http://www.n4g.com/xbox360/News-71365.aspx

Is that fake? I already know it must be, because it disagrees with you, I just want to hear your explanation for it. It'll be cute.

Thats the same picture I was talking about. I've already been over this. Again not all the 360 Halo 3 editions were Falcon models.

http://gear.ign.com/articles/824/824183p1.html

Furthermore, do you know how easy it is to fake a RROD? Just slightly unplug the AC cable from the system and you get the RROD. I've done that by accident. Either that picture is an older model and does have a legit RROD, or its being faked. There is no evidence that it is a Falcon model.

Thats the picture you were talking about? Thats weird, since the one I originally posted was a personal photo of a guy at Teamxbox who's console crapped out. But I'll just assume that was fake too, or also not a falcon, or some other explanation that doesn't involve Microsoft making a bad system. Which I guess makes me wonder why they're already planning another revision to the gpu's heat dispersion, but hey, I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that the falcon's are crapping out on people. Everyone's just faking it.

And you're taking a biiiiig leap in logic by assuming that because a very small number of rushed out Halo 3 editions were not on the 65nm process, that therefore any of the newer systems that die must not have been on the 65nm process. But hey, they're probably faking them. People have a real interest in doing that you know.

Proof? Besides that one pic that was posted before that was fake?

Spider-Vader: Get a 360. If you're that worried about the RROD just make sure that its one of the Falcon models. The info you need to know is on the box so just check it out before you buy it. You get 3 years warranty on it no matter what, if a RROD occurs it gets repaired or a new one for free.

Why are you talking to me? I didn't make this thread. I already know I want a 360. :huh:

Thats the picture you were talking about? Thats weird, since the one I originally posted was a personal photo of a guy at Teamxbox who's console crapped out. But I'll just assume that was fake too, or also not a falcon, or some other explanation that doesn't involve Microsoft making a bad system. Which I guess makes me wonder why they're already planning another revision to the gpu's heat dispersion, but hey, I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that the falcon's are crapping out on people. Everyone's just faking it.

And you're taking a biiiiig leap in logic by assuming that because a very small number of rushed out Halo 3 editions were not on the 65nm process, that therefore any of the newer systems that die must not have been on the 65nm process. But hey, they're probably faking them. People have a real interest in doing that you know.

Its the same one. Its been floating around the internet. Like I said, I've been through this same exact discussion earlier in the month when it first appeared. People are just doing exactly what you are, posting it in other forums.

http://forums.gametrailers.com/showthread.php?t=181986

That was the picture that KALELL (who was the person who had first posted it here earlier in the month) got. I'm not saying its impossible, but that picture is definitely not proof positive.

No, it wasn't. The two pictures in that n4g article, and the picture from the "want a laugh?" thread, were different. You're really, really trying hard to waste this poor guy's money.

The 360 isn't a waste of money. If he gets an RROD, the replacement is completely free.

No, it wasn't. The two pictures in that n4g article, and the picture from the "want a laugh?" thread, were different. You're really, really trying hard to waste this poor guy's money.

The "want a laugh thread"? I'm not sure what that is, but the picture you posted was the same one KALELL posted earlier about this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"