3rd Rock from the Sun

Lily Adler

#forthecontent! 📹 (she/her)
Staff member
Reaction score
So I've been watching this in reruns and this is actually hilarious.

Haven't seen it since the first time around but I love it! Great cast too :up:

I had forgotten how much John Lithgow chews the scenery. JGL and Kristen Johnston are hilarious. I wonder why the latter never found another show afterwards.

I seem to remember reading that Johnston developed a pretty heavy drinking problem at one point. That may have been something to do with it.

Edit: According to Wikipedia,

In her autobiography, Guts: The Endless Follies and Tiny Triumphs of a Giant Disaster, Johnston discusses an addiction to alcohol and pills that began when she was in high school. She stated in the 2012 book that she had been sober for five years.

Oh. That's unfortunate to hear.

I love it. Next to Friends, it's the defining sitcom/comedy of my childhood.

You know what is funny, is that prior to seeing him on Dexter, I used to think he was just a comedian. I was blown away by his performance as the Trinity killer that I started watching his movies from the 80's where he almost always a bad guy. He is incredibly versatile. I also loved him in the Crown - the 9th episode of the first season, when he is getting his portrait painted and recants the story of his daughter's death - devastating.

I just watched the episode where Dick tries to get Mary to stay with sharing an office with him while Sally, Tommy, and Harry pretend to be doctors.

Dick: "Tommy, do you ever doodle?"
Tommy: "Why was I in the bathroom too long?"

All-timer, this show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"