4-19 Blank (Possible Spoilers)

I_am_budders said:
By the way, anyone know the name of the song at th end of the show?
From a terrific CD The Beautiful Letdown. The song is "This is your life" from Switchfoot.

Morg said:
I think Chloe still knows about Clark powers, the kid only erased what happen in the lab but not months ago when Chloe first found out. She mentioning he trusted her sounds like a hint to me
Yeah Morg, she still knows. The only thing that he wiped was the last few minutes. He said that's all he *could* wipe. Clark was the oddball. What else is new, eh? ;)

Serene said:
I can hardly let myself even think about the scene on the porch with Clark and Lana. I'm too afraid to jinx it. Man.. can that guy do romance or what??? I take back what I said about not really wanting to see Tom do a rom-com.. bring it ON! And what about that look he had on his face when he first saw Lana walking down the stairs? *sigh*.. Once again, TW manages to amaze. He's looking extra fine these days, I might add. :up:

I'm sure all the SV sites will be having a field day of seizures at the idea of Clark and Lana being back together again.. :rolleyes:
HAH! Don't care! I'm thrilled. :D FINALLY, he didn't just let her walk away. I was expecting it to end per usual, but when he called out to her to "stop".. I literally gasped! Totally unexpected and thrilling. :)

QUOTE]

*hands Serene a towel for her drool :)

Just remembered another cool part - When Jason is being all scary and is in Lana's face, he says to her, "Don't give up on me.."

Remember the last character we heard say that?

Serene said:
...I was so happy that she was big enough to tell Clark that Lana was the "love of his life."
Unlike Lana who never told Chloe that Chloe was the one that she caught "Clark making out with" in Rush, or never telling Clark about Chloe's letter in Fever. I started to really hate Lana after that.

But she's okay now. :p

I don't really care one way or another if they bring the Clana back. As long as it's good. And tonight it was GOOD! So bring it on! :D

I'm too afraid to jinx it. Man.. can that guy do romance or what??? I take back what I said about not really wanting to see Tom do a rom-com.. bring it ON! And what about that look he had on his face when he first saw Lana walking down the stairs? *sigh*.. Once again, TW manages to amaze. He's looking extra fine these days, I might add. :up:
worthy.gif

I was expecting it to end per usual, but when he called out to her to "stop".. I literally gasped! Totally unexpected and thrilling.
Same here. I was like, oh no. Oh No. OH NO..... LOL!!! ;)

One question though.. did Lois to Clark as having "vacant blue eyes" when she was talking to Chloe in the hall at school? I wonder if that was on purpose or just a writer's goof.
I don't think it was an inside joke, but y'never know. Chloe has talked about Clark's "baby blues" before.

Serene said:
Just remembered another cool part - When Jason is being all scary and is in Lana's face, he says to her, "Don't give up on me.."

Remember the last character we heard say that?

NO, REFRESH MY MEMORY.:D :supes:

NHawk19 said:
*hands Serene a towel for her drool :)
NHawk, who you kidding? We need a mop here doncha know? LOL

AgentPat said:
Unlike Lana who never told Chloe that Chloe was the one that she caught "Clark making out with" in Rush, or never telling Clark about Chloe's letter in Fever. I started to really hate Lana after that.

Really? Wow, I totally didn't see either of those situations that way at all. Not the thread to get into it though..

Just goes to show how we all have our own filters when we watch these eps.

Fortunately, there's always room for differing opinions amongst civil people. :):up:

AgentPat said:
NHawk, who you kidding? We need a mop here doncha know? LOL

I'd go for the Mop but I didnt even get a thanks for the towel *sniff tear :D

They've refered to Clarks' "baby blues" a couple of times...they're partly right, lol

Well, that was a thrill ride. Where do I start? It could have just been another FoTW if not for the Chloe, Lex, and Lana arcs..plus Kevin just had a very versitile power, the type that probably didn't limit the writers a lot and lent them more room for creativity. I think Jonathan and Martha could have been written in somehow but they weren't missed too much. It was nice to see Sheriff Adams get a good couple of scenes, I always liked her sassy no-nonsense attitude.

I loved how Chloe sort of looked after Clark, like with the door and the jar, but especially her whispering about Lex...Pretty sneaky Sis...

"She's the love of your life." ...poor Chloe :(

Lex had me yellin' cuzz he was so not gellin' He blatantly took advantage of Clark in his weakened state of mind! Then he lied about the whole thing, how, of late uncharacteristically sinister of our 'Mista LOOthOR!' Hope Lionel shows up in these last few eps of the season.

Father and son evil as one?
I'd love to see it have run!

Look Ma...I made a poem!

And lastly, my fellow Smallvillians...

I would like to point out a 'you may have missed it' moment from the last scene of Clark and Lana on the Kent porch (which had good lighting by the way;)) I think he channeled Chris's Clark with his bewildered, lovelorn expression.

[Faustinas] out

Dammit! :( my cable got disconnected a few weeks ago...I miss smallville :( oh well, I'll just have to add season 4 dvd to the rest of my smallville season collection and re-watch it :D

-Mike

P.S.

THERES NO WAY IM GONNA MISS THE SEASON FINALE! I'll find a tv with cable somewhere dammit!!

Serene said:
Really? Wow, I totally didn't see either of those situations that way at all.
It just irritated me. At that time, she assumed Clark still had feelings for Chloe, as she accused him of at the end. As far as she knew, Clark was just being himself. Chloe was the one who was sick, but it's never been any great secret to Lana - and now Lois - that Chloe still has a pretty big soft spot in her heart for Clark. Lana could have just told her, but she didn't. The
censored.gif

Getting back to Blank and the Lana/Chloe dichotomy, there's another way to look at it, though I don't think the writers were shooting for this interpretation. Chloe's interest in Clark was to protect him from slipping up. He recognized this and trusted her implicitly. Their "connection" is one of deep friendship and trust. Clark's interest in Lana on the other hand seemed purely physical. He was simply attracted to her and dove right in. When he found out HE was the one who broke off the relationship the first time, the look on his face was one of pure confusion and disbelief - like "why would I ever dump such a beautiful woman?" As far as he knew at that moment, she could have been a psycho LOL. He knew nothing about her other than he had the hots for her, they used to date, and then they broke up.

Alot of questions came up, many that I think this board might enjoy answering and still come to different conclussions:

1) Will Clark tell Lana about his powers? That's what it seems like, he says things don't have to be like they were- will he tell her?
2) Does Clark know that Chloe knows now?
3) Is Lex, Lex? Or Lex? Or both? When they recombined did more of the dark Lex survive? Rosenbaum's acting was once again great in this eppisode, and I think there were evil Lex undertones if you were paying attention. Similar gestures and speech fluctuation and him staying in shadows in the cave. Very suspicious.
4) Who is Jason? Last episode we see that he is teaming up with his mother, now we see him go into a break down? Will he become the main villain of the season, besides Lex?

Great Episode!
Only thing I am not sure of is does Chloe still know or not?
:up:

Venom71 said:
Great Episode!
Only thing I am not sure of is does Chloe still know or not?
:up:

Yes because Kevin only zapped the lab incident from her mind, she lied when Clark asked her if he did anything unusual while Chloe was looking out for him, she just said he ended up repeated history except..

Hey Guys 'except' WHAT? What was Chloe's 'except'? I forgot

sorry that answer sucked, they'll help us out

triplet said:
I think it will be funny...

I wonder what will happen when he discovers his heat vision all over again.

:D ;)

Will he set the Talon on fire again?

HA!

Did I peg that one or what????

LOL!

I almost totally lost it when he did that... LOL! :D :up:

Too funny.

What a great episode! I loved it!

This one will get 5 outta 5 from me.

Beautiful. Simply beautiful.

[Faustinas] said:
Yes because Kevin only zapped the lab incident from her mind, she lied when Clark asked her if he did anything unusual while Chloe was looking out for him, she just said he ended up repeated history except..

Hey Guys 'except' WHAT? What was Chloe's 'except'? I forgot

sorry that answer sucked, they'll help us out
Except this time Clark trusted her....

AgentPat said:
It just irritated me. At that time, she assumed Clark still had feelings for Chloe, as she accused him of at the end. As far as she knew, Clark was just being himself. Chloe was the one who was sick, but it's never been any great secret to Lana - and now Lois - that Chloe still has a pretty big soft spot in her heart for Clark. Lana could have just told her, but she didn't. The
censored.gif

Like I said, I just don't agree about what her motivation was for not telling Chloe. I didn't really want to go so OT in this thread, but briefly - In the final scene where Lana visits Chloe in the hospital, she is obviously upset with Clark, as you said, she had no way of knowing that he wasn't himself when she saw him kissing Chloe, and he had no excuse to offer her. Perfectly reasonable to be upset with the guy, IMO. But she never held the make-out session against Chloe, she knew Chloe wasn't herself and told her so. She brought her flowers! :) Not telling Chloe what happened made perfect sense to me.. why make her feel bad? Chloe also knew how Lana felt about Clark, she would have felt terrible. Lana kept it to herself and chose to choose Chloe's friendship rather than hold her responsible for her "drugged" behavior.

IMO :D

Chloe's interest in Clark was to protect him from slipping up. He recognized this and trusted her implicitly. Their "connection" is one of deep friendship and trust. Clark's interest in Lana on the other hand seemed purely physical.

Yeah, I've read this take on it too many times. Needless to say, I don't agree. I don't buy that the only attraction Clark has for Lana is physical. He's known her for too many years and they were once very close. He *still* loves her, as we saw tonight. She'll never be the spunky, easy to like girl that Chloe is, but I think it's established SV canon that Lana is the love of his life.. for now. As we know he will eventually have another, and that will be the one that lasts.

AgentPat said:
Me TOO!! Hah!!! She was GREAT! Why can't all the episodes be like that? Who wrote this one? Anybody notice?

I did, natch. Kelly Souders and Brian Peterson.

Beautiful script and Tom totally nailed the amnesia thing, he was a fresh unsullied soul... Beautiful.

He was the essence of Superman without the human cynicism and mistrust.

:sigh:

Truly Beautiful.

I don't know whose choice that was, I'd love to ask Tom how he came to that place for Clark, but it was totally the right one. Magnificant.

AgentPat said:
Well, I'm sure they eventually will. I loved his face when she said he did one thing different: he trusted her. Oh c'mon Clark, put two and two together now, why woncha? LOL

He sometimes can be just a Big Dumb Alien but I think he'll finally get it.... ;)

AgentPat said:
[shrugs] Doubtful they'll do it in next week's ep. (I'm not nearly as psyched about that one, btw. :rolleyes: )

More Clana action it looks like, but meh... looks okay. The only positive for me is that Stephen S. DeKnight wrote and directed.... will probably be better than it looks.

SSD hasn't written a dog yet. He also wrote Run, Unsafe, Spell, and Onyx. (Although I know a lot of people didn't like Spell, I loved that one.)

AgentPat said:
Oh, BTW, Blank: 5 out of 5. :D :up:

Yeah, baby! It totally rocked!

I loved this episode... it might have even moved up ahead of Transference in my book and is snuggling right up against The Pilot.

Beautiful episode.

triplet said:
I did, natch. Kelly Souders and Brian Peterson.

I knew you'd know who wrote it. :)

Those are the two writers that are featured in an article in the newest SV magazine. There are a few really good articles in that mag, btw. The writers.. and interestingly, the music man.

mellym said:
Lex said it to Clark in Bound

And MellyM wins the kewpie doll! :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"