5.15 Cyborg - Disussion Thread (Spoilers)

Tim, I think he meant that Queen was going down the same path as Lex...not Clark.

I actually like some of your ideas with that Tim. Lex being the reason he becomes the Green Arrow would be interesting. Lex's evil creating a hero out of it...Like it!:up:

Either way, I am really looking forward to this episode. I was thinking that in this continuity Lex would be the one to create Cyborg and save the guy on the brink of death. Only what they don't know is Lex wants to control the newly created Cyborg for his own means, not realizing that there are some things he can't control, especially when Clark discovers Cyborg and saves him.:cool:

Yes, I meant Oliver going down the wrong path like Lex.I thought of the Halloween party idea because for once I'd like to see one of these "super hero" guest appearances with the character in something resembling a costume, and Halloween would be perfect! Regardless, I think that Green Arrow will appear next year because Gough & Co. are running out heroes that can be used that don't have an upcoming movie, and that are familiar enough to the Smallville audience....

well they did reference his disappearance in the Smallville pilot... and there's always next Halloween

This should be Black Lightning not Cyborg. I will watch but still don't care for this idea. At least BL fits in the Superman myth.

The Incredible Hulk said:
well they did reference his disappearance in the Smallville pilot... and there's always next Halloween

They did? Tell me more. Please. :D

Well it wasnt much of a reference. Just an easter egg. Something about Queens disapearance written on the newspaper Lionel was reading in the chopper.

Tim Drake said:
Well it wasnt much of a reference. Just an easter egg. Something about Queens disapearance written on the newspaper Lionel was reading in the chopper.

You mean they werent talking about the Queen of England?

Who's the Queen? :rolleyes:

avidreader said:
You mean they werent talking about the Queen of England?

Who's the Queen? :rolleyes:

Oliver Queen AKA Green Arrow

No. Its actually refering to a rock band from the 70s.

Thats why Lionel has long hair.

Tim Drake said:
No. Its actually refering to a rock band from the 70s.

Thats why Lionel has long hair.

One of my favorite bands from that era too.:up: :D

Lionel can be seen reading a newspaper with a headline referring to "Queen Industries." In the DC comics lore, Queen Industries is (or was) owned by Oliver Queen, aka Green Arrow. No indication the character may ever appear, however, then or since.

http://www.tv.com/pilot/episode/48011/trivia.html

Wanted to show you Tim.
Just for your information, it was a reference to Green Arrow, not the band.

But, still one of my favorite bands.:up:

^^--- I think he was kidding, B8....

triplet said:
^^--- I think he was kidding, B8....

Doh, if you were Tim, sorry. It's been a long day and I'm tired.:(

ARK ARK...HUMOR *In the voice of Robin Williams as Mork*

I'm thinking I need to go to bed.:O

I just wonder how many episodes they will release false spoilers for...would they be false this far out after the 100th?

Well, I actually like the idea that it's Hank Henshaw. That would be a sweet episode. Clark fighting someone who he can't actually hit.

Tim Drake said:
Clark down the same path as Lex? That's a pretty big stretch. They should be enemies by then anyways.

And another Halloween party? No way.

I think it would be better if Queen is a reckless rich socialite who parties like crazy and throws his money away towards it and his habits. After forming a business alliance with Lex Luthor, he befriends Clark at a Met U college party. Clark warns him about the dangers of his behavior and of teaming up with Luthorcorp and ignoring the corruption of his associates. Oliver eventually realizes the flaws of his ways and turns against Lex. Lex totally destroys Oliver's financial empire leaving Oliver broke and with a strong hated for the rich and corrupt......thus leading him down the path to be the Green Arrow.

great idea the problem i have with that is Ollie ending up poor.

The Red X said:
great idea the problem i have with that is Ollie ending up poor.

Thats one thing Im trying to read up on. Nowadays he doesnt seem to have that rich alter ego anymore. Something must have happened.

Anyways, they could have brought him in in season 3 as well. When Lex was stranded on that island, that could have been Starfish Island..where Ollie was stranded, where he became the modern Robinson Crusoe. Where he perfected his skills, and became the Green Arrow when he returned to civilization.

The Question said:
Well, I actually like the idea that it's Hank Henshaw. That would be a sweet episode. Clark fighting someone who he can't actually hit.

LOL so many cyborgs. Henshaw was cool but I'd be hard to bring him in before Superman even exists.

Brainiac 8 said:
http://www.tv.com/pilot/episode/48011/trivia.html

Wanted to show you Tim.
Just for your information, it was a reference to Green Arrow, not the band.

But, still one of my favorite bands.:up:

I would have loved to have seen this scene in the Pilot.

The TV version fades to commercial at that point, but in the DVD version, Clark looks weak, and Lex asks, "Kid, are you feeling alright?" Clark says "Yeah, I'm fine", then faints, falling flat on his face.

avidreader said:
I would have loved to have seen this scene in the Pilot.

The TV version fades to commercial at that point, but in the DVD version, Clark looks weak, and Lex asks, "Kid, are you feeling alright?" Clark says "Yeah, I'm fine", then faints, falling flat on his face.

Some interesting little trivia things they found, Kinda fun to read.:up:

I swear, Clark better be able to WHOOPS cyborgs ass... a TEEN titan...

if its not a blow out, i will be severly pissed.

new spoilers

- Victor Stone is brought to life in a cyborg form by Lex.
- Victor (Cyborg) is looking for his girlfriend Katherine.
- Meanwhile, Clark is looking for a Dr. Nilson who helped Victor escape the first time.

KalKai said:
new spoilers

- Victor Stone is brought to life in a cyborg form by Lex.
- Victor (Cyborg) is looking for his girlfriend Katherine.
- Meanwhile, Clark is looking for a Dr. Nilson who helped Victor escape the first time.

Link?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"