5.16 Hypnotic - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Still no Hypnotic episode on the internet. :o

Mr Lex Luthor said:
Yeah, I do.
pirate noob ?
It's all over the web man :)
Get your torrent skilz upgraded..

I only found the MP4 and iPod formats. Which I can't view.

Mr Lex Luthor said:
I only found the MP4 and iPod formats. Which I can't view.
go to isohunt.com, do a search and thank me later :)

An AVI file. Blah. :o

KalKai: Been using Azureus for two months. Damn, my n00bness is still about. :p

triplet said:
Here is the recap I'm putting in my review... I'll probably trim it some more, but it basically tells you the story.

Scientists extract blood from dead people inside a remote shack in the jungle. When Milton Fine (special guest star James Marsters) shows, they tell him it's quarantined because of a deadly virus. Fine kills the scientists, takes the blood, and sets the shack on fire before speeding off.

Clark and Lana laugh about Clark's poor dancing skills and Lana invites him over to the dorm room. It seems Chloe is doing an all-nighter at the Planet and they'll have the dorm to themselves. Still avoiding intimacy, Clark claims to have farm work to he has to do instead. After Lana leaves, Simone (guest star Nichole Hiltz) bewitches Clark with a magic crystal. He does anything she wants, including making out with her in the alley behind the Talon. Lois catches them and Clark introduces Simone as his new girlfriend. Lex tells Lana that he thinks Fine is the key to finding the space ship. Clark shows off his speed to Simone and she asks him to invite Lana over... Chloe and Lois talk about Clark's relationship with Simone and Chloe realizes something must be wrong. Lana heads back to the farm after she gets Clark's call. Clark shows Simone some strength and strips and makes out with her on request. Lana walks in on them and Simone orders Clark to break it off with Lana. He does and Lana is devastated.

Simone meets with Lex in the mansion, via remote (he calls in from the Luthorcorp jet on route to Honduras) and it turns out he was behind it all. He wants her to do him a "favor" in Honduras, even though she doesn't like it... Chloe confronts Clark in the barn about Simone. He defends Simone and tells Chloe to back off. Chloe manages to steal Simone's driver's license when she isn't looking. Lex meets up with Fine in Honduras and they talk about the ship and Fine's clandestine "work" with the government.

Lois and Chloe discuss Simone's powers and decide to head to the farm but Chloe grabs a green k stone before leaving. Fine shows Lex a carving of a ship a peasant made, however the peasant later died so Lex can't interview him. Fine confesses that the "government" needs his help. Lex hesitates so Fine tells him if he doesn't cooperate and help build the weapon to defend against the aliens, there might not be anything left to defend. Lois shows up at the farm but Clark is still mesmerized and is on the way out of town with Simone. Simone orders Clark to knock Lois out and then orders Clark to kill Lex.

Lois tells Chloe that Simone took Clark to the mansion. She runs off. Clark tries to kill Lex upon his return from Honduras. Lex tells Clark that Simone is a murderer and he hesitates, but Simone tells Clark to not believe Lex and kill him anyway. Clark lifts Lex up and is about the crush his larynx when Chloe shows up with that green-k. and Clark collapses, helpless. When Lex turns a gun on her, Simone orders Lex to kill Chloe and then himself. Chloe and Lex fight for his gun and it goes off. The bullet hits Simone right in her hyno-jewel. She is killed and the spells are broken. Now back to normal, Clark talks to Chloe about what happened and why Clark has decided to NOT make up with Lana.

Lana has a heart to heart with Clark and he tells her that he doesn't love her anymore. Fine drips from the ship again, like he did in Arrival, only this time he splits into four Fines... The first one tells the other three. "We need more samples." They all run off in different directions. Martha consoles Clark after his painful decision to break it off, which seemed to him to be the only thing he could do. Martha suggests that maybe Lana isn't the one for him. Also, Martha said that making Lana angry at him maybe wasn't a good idea... Lana tells Lex about breaking up with Clark. She's devastated but he consoles her by saying that maybe she put her trust in the wrong person.

Thanks a TON man!!
:up:

Oh, MAN! Mr. LL, 3900 posts in one month? Holy s*****!!!! :eek: Day-um!!! LOL

Mr Lex Luthor said:
An AVI file. Blah. :o

KalKai: Been using Azureus for two months. Damn, my n00bness is still about. :p

Its on mini-nova, I'll send it to you by link when I get home in about 5 hours or so

MJZ said:
Someone thinks he's Elliot S! Maggin...

A fair explanation, but Lana in Smallville isn't Lana from the comics.

Now, I'd love to see them reveal it early and run with it, but it just wouldn't work IMO.

These final 2 seasons need to get away from the angst and focus on bigger things. Only when CK's ready to go off and become Superman would they reveal it, perhaps in the last half of the 7th season.

Who knows, at any rate.

I actually think Lana's gonna find out a whole lot about Clark in the next six episodes. Even to the point that this might be her cliff hanger for the season. That will then leave the first two to three episodes of next season to deal with the entire secret between them.

Its been building up to this all season and if Lana is to make any impression on CK's future then they're gonna have to start changing the tides.

Serene said:
Lana: I don't even know if you can hear me, but I need you to know that from the first moment that I saw you, I knew that no one could make me happier than you. But, I also knew that you would never change. You would always be running around, trying to save the day. All those times I pushed away was because I knew this day would come.

I think she was speaking aloud her fears that he was destined to leave her.. whether by death or otherwise. Lana has huge abandonment issues and she knows that Clark is a risky man to love. He will always choose what's right over anything else, including her. And he has a bad habit of constantly putting himself in life-threatening situations.

It really is the crux of why they won't ever be able to stay together. It follows very well with the previously posted comic panels and Lana's words expressing that she knows Clark belongs to the world and not her.

Agree with this. Will listen to Serene on this matter, I will.

The Sage said:
Agree with this. Will listen to Serene on this matter, I will.

LOL.. Trust me, you really don't want to listen to Serene unplugged on this matter. ;)

Thanks for those links, btw. :)

Mr Lex Luthor said:
Still no Hypnotic episode on the internet. :o

Speak for yourself. I got it a few hours after it aired.:O

Serene said:
I think she was speaking aloud her fears that he was destined to leave her.. whether by death or otherwise. Lana has huge abandonment issues and she knows that Clark is a risky man to love. He will always choose what's right over anything else, including her. And he has a bad habit of constantly putting himself in life-threatening situations.

It really is the crux of why they won't ever be able to stay together. It follows very well with the previously posted comic panels and Lana's words expressing that she knows Clark belongs to the world and not her.

Believe that's called nailing it.. :)

Yeah, her "abandonment" issues have been the leitmotiv-dominant recurring theme since the pilot..

So once she had realized how heartbreaking, devastating loosing him forever (Hidden) really feels like, she will probably, ie, they will use it as a relationship "exit strategy" for an ultimate version of comics farewell..

In a way, I do not like it, because it plays on the "she not being strong enough for that" element, which is never fair to a character, specially to her after all she's been through (and will be with Lex)..

I just hope they develop a story to the point it's some kind of "full circle" for them, meaning, they spend the best of times together - with her knowing the secret and who he really is.. :up: :)

BaK said:
Believe that's called nailing it.. :)

Yeah, her "abandonment" issues have been the leitmotiv-dominant recurring theme since the pilot..

So once she had realized how heartbreaking, devastating loosing him forever (Hidden) really feels like, she will probably, ie, they will use it as a relationship "exit strategy" for an ultimate version of comics farewell..

In a way, I do not like it, because it plays on the "she not being strong enough for that" element, which is never fair to a character, specially to her after all she's been through (and will be with Lex)..

I just hope they develop a story to the point it's some kind of "full circle" for them, meaning, they spend the best of times together - with her knowing the secret and who he really is.. :up: :)

I dont think it makes you weak or whatever word you want to use if you want someone to be there for you and that them running off to save the day all the time makes you stressed. Dont forget she likes to feel safe too, and she probably wont get that with Clark.

I have great confidence that they will end Clark and Lana in a very beautific manner.

avidreader said:
I have great confidence that they will end Clark and Lana in a very beautific manner.
me too :)

I'm not sure about "great confidence"... but I am very hopeful. :)

Somebody needs to keep freakin' track of how many ups an' downs these two're gonna go through in their relationship. I swear, could we get off th' Clark/Lana angle fer ONE LOUSY SEASON?!

WOLVERINE25TH said:
Somebody needs to keep freakin' track of how many ups an' downs these two're gonna go through in their relationship. I swear, could we get off th' Clark/Lana angle fer ONE LOUSY SEASON?!

Well to be fair most of Season 4 was lacking the Clark/Lana angle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"