5.18 - Fragile Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

From TVGuide.com:
Question: Can you tell me when Lana and Lex are going to hook up on Smallville?
Ausiello: According to my hairy Smallville mole —not to be confused with my small hairy mole — Lana plants a major lip-lock on Lex at the end of Episode 18. Coincidentally, that's the same episode that Tom Welling is directing, making the whole thing a little kinky.

Ok, how are they going to have Lana still want to be around Lex after she discovered he was willing to torture a human being because he could? Is she suddenly going to go all 'harlequin"? I hate when they attempt to force what they want to happen..because so far, it makes little sense

hmm so far she's acted disgusted when he's tired to kiss her. I've never seen a hint of chemistry and I'm not opposed to the pairing. I hope it doesn't seem forced.

mellyM said:
From TVGuide.com:
Ausiello: According to my hairy Smallville mole —not to be confused with my small hairy mole — Lana plants a major lip-lock on Lex at the end of Episode 18. Coincidentally, that's the same episode that Tom Welling is directing, making the whole thing a little kinky.

Ok, how are they going to have Lana still want to be around Lex after she discovered he was willing to torture a human being because he could? Is she suddenly going to go all 'harlequin"? I hate when they attempt to force what they want to happen..because so far, it makes little sense

I must admit this is all making me feel a little uneasy. I hope they dont drag it out too long before Lana realises just who she's getting herself involved with.

I guess the one thing that I like about it is that we will have some sympathy for Clark, which I think has been lacking lately.

mellyM said:
From TVGuide.com:

romance rarely does...

The Incredible Hulk said:
romance rarely does...
I'd like to think Lana wouldn't get involved with someone like Lex..I don't completely understand, especially after watching Commencement again recently (yay for marathons). I don't really understand what the attraction would be, especially coming from the secrets natzi..granted she's had a few of her own this season. I guess I'll just wait and see how it plays out, so far, I'm not really buying it from Lana's end. Lex at least has shown interest since day one.

I think it makes perfect sense though, Lana was just manipulated into it. Lex is a very smart man. Lana isnt a very smart girl. Lex is just taking advantage of the situation.

mellyM said:
I think they'll go the usual route and have him make up some flimsy but possible excuse, and have her believe him. They are friends. I can actually *see* and understand the Lex/Lana thing happening (I know there are people out there fainting :)). Of course, I MUCH prefer her with Clark, but from Lana's POV, Lex has always been there for her. Whether it's helping her secure the Talon and being her business partner, or saving her butt with the whole Genevieve thing, he's given her the impression of being her rock of reliability when she needs help. The other thing that he does, which is evil but genius, is he makes sure to constantly remind her that Clark is keeping things from her. He knows how to push the thorn in her side. Lex is a real player, and Lana is trusting, which makes her gullible.

Lex and Clark may not be friends anymore, but Lex and Lana's friendship is stronger than ever. Once Clark really breaks it off with her, it makes sense that she'd turn to the guy who's been there for her. I have no doubt that she will see his true colors in time though.

Part of me thinks that since she can never really have Clark, then she should just say "**** it," marry Lex, and become his evil partner in crime. But we're getting way into AU territory now.. :)

Serene said:
Part of me thinks that since she can never really have Clark, then she should just say "**** it," marry Lex, and become his evil partner in crime...
Now THAT would be inspired TV. From your lips to the writers ears. That would be awesome!!! LOL

No, really! :D :up:

AgentPat said:
Now THAT would be inspired TV. From your lips to the writers ears. That would be awesome!!! LOL
But you KNOW that's not my first choice scenario. That one would blow a big raspberry at canon and have fanboys/girls keeling over with chest pains. <evil laughter>

But as a second choice, it would be kind of fun to see. :D

^^^ Do you think that they will remain respectful to the character of Lana Lang though? She would never betray Clark.

I know all this Lexana stuff isnt betraying Clark, she's just acting on whatever it is she's acting on.

I would just like to think that when it comes to the crunch and she realises just how closely Lex has been investigating Clark, that she would do something to stick up for Clark and in turn betray Lex.

It could very well play out like the Lois and Lex relationship on Lois and Clark. Except we wont see Lex jump off the top of building.

avidreader said:
^^^ Do you think that they will remain respectful to the character of Lana Lang though? She would never betray Clark.

I agree, it would be totally OOC.. I'm just funnin'. ;)

I know all this Lexana stuff isnt betraying Clark, she's just acting on whatever it is she's acting on.

I would just like to think that when it comes to the crunch and she realises just how closely Lex has been investigating Clark, that she would do something to stick up for Clark and in turn betray Lex.

I think it's going to play out exactly that way. She may even have to play along with being Lex's girlfriend for a while so that she can help Clark out from the inside. It'll be interesting to see.

Serene said:
I agree, it would be totally OOC.. I'm just funnin'. ;)

I know you are. :) But there are alot out there who think and want it to happen that way.

I think it's going to play out exactly that way. She may even have to play along with being Lex's girlfriend for a while so that she can help Clark out from the inside. It'll be interesting to see.

I really, really hope so. It would add so much integrity to her character.

Serene said:
I think they'll go the usual route and have him make up some flimsy but possible excuse, and have her believe him. They are friends. I can actually *see* and understand the Lex/Lana thing happening (I know there are people out there fainting :)). Of course, I MUCH prefer her with Clark, but from Lana's POV, Lex has always been there for her. Whether it's helping her secure the Talon and being her business partner, or saving her butt with the whole Genevieve thing, he's given her the impression of being her rock of reliability when she needs help. The other thing that he does, which is evil but genius, is he makes sure to constantly remind her that Clark is keeping things from her. He knows how to push the thorn in her side. Lex is a real player, and Lana is trusting, which makes her gullible.

Lex and Clark may not be friends anymore, but Lex and Lana's friendship is stronger than ever. Once Clark really breaks it off with her, it makes sense that she'd turn to the guy who's been there for her. I have no doubt that she will see his true colors in time though.

Part of me thinks that since she can never really have Clark, then she should just say "**** it," marry Lex, and become his evil partner in crime. But we're getting way into AU territory now.. :)
Thats a good explanation, and you've definitely helped me see it clearer. I guess its just hard to imagine that she'd forget all the bad things she knows about Lex, even if they weren't done to her directly. I'd like to think Lana isn't quite that self-centered. But again we'll see. Personally, if someone I knew did what Lex did to that Cyborg kid, I'd want nothing to do with them, but thats just me I guess.

mellyM said:
Thats a good explanation, and you've definitely helped me see it clearer. I guess its just hard to imagine that she'd forget all the bad things she knows about Lex, even if they weren't done to her directly. I'd like to think Lana isn't quite that self-centered. But again we'll see. Personally, if someone I knew did what Lex did to that Cyborg kid, I'd want nothing to do with them, but thats just me I guess.
I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not, Melly. :confused:

Like I (thought I) said, Lex will schmooze her with "his" side of things, giving the story his own spin (I was saving the kids life...trying to help humanity in the long run..yadda yadda) and she'll likely buy it. I'm trying to remember what else he's done that was "evil" that she should already know about?

Serene said:

Like I (thought I) said, Lex will schmooze her with "his" side of things, giving the story his own spin (I was saving the kids life...trying to help humanity in the long run..yadda yadda) and she'll likely buy it. I'm trying to remember what else he's done that was "evil" that she should already know about?

Well she didnt know about aquadude. And I'm not sure Clark would have told her about the freaks in Mortal, 'cause then he would have to tell her why Lex thought to set him up in the first place.

mellyM said:
From TVGuide.com:

Intresting .

mellyM said:

I don't think she knew that Lex had anything to do with that. He claimed that the company was just acquisitioned and that he had no knowledge of the evil dr's doings. He always has a wonderful excuse and lots of sneaky ways of making it look like he's helping.

You guys keep saying that you cant understand how Lana would just forget all the bad things Lex has done in the past. Well if you've been paying attention the last few episodes she's mentioned that she knows Lex has done questionable things in the past but that she still believes he's a good person deep down. Basically she's Clark from the first few seasons, she's the only one who doesnt treat Lex like some supervillian and thats one of the reasons why he's attracted to her. She hasn't given up on him like everyone else. So Lex loves her b/c of that, and Lana will begin to fall for him a little when she realizes that he is always there for her and, from her perspective, always tells her the truth. And you all also forget that the only "bad things" that she has been privy to concerning Lex are when he got Jason fired, and when he tried to take the stone from her. THATS IT. She never really got that irked from him lying to her about the ship b/c his reasons for it were genuine. And it's apparent that for some reason Clark hasn't told her that Lex was behind the events in Mortal, perhaps so as not to accidentally imply anything about his secret. Most likely the same is true for the events in Cyborg.

Anyway I think their relationship makes a lot of sense and there is some genuine attraction and/or love from both Lex and Lana. A lot of it stems from Lockdown and in that episode we saw just how much they have in common. They were both affected greatly by the meteor showers and so they share a common interest in finding out just what happened.

Serene said:

I wasn;t being sarcastic

KK has said before that one of Lana's primary characteristics is loneliness lord knows it's the same with Lex in that way they are kinda kindred spirits. Then poor Lana has been rejected by Clark sexually that would have to be painful since he won't explain it. So here's Lex that wants her that she feels a connection with. I could see it happening. That's why I had hoped for some chemistry with thier kissing scenes a little temptation from Lana.

Found this at Ksite.

TV Guide Episode Description.

A little girl who possesses telekinetic powers is befriended by Clark, who discovers the talent runs in her family and is tied to the first meteor shower; Lex and Lana get closer and Chloe doesn't like it. Tom Welling directed this episode.

I'm glad Chloe doesnt' like it. Does this mean that we'll get the cat fight I've been waiting for? :D

From Ksite.

http://www.kryptonsite.com/fragiledescription.htm

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]TOM WELLING’S DIRECTORIAL DEBUT — Clark (Tom Welling) and Martha (Annette O’Toole) take in a little girl, Maddie (guest star Emily Herst), after her foster mother is brutally stabbed to death. However, after it is discovered that Maddie has the power to shatter glass, she becomes the prime suspect. Meanwhile, Chloe (Allison Mack) walks in on Lex (Michael Rosenbaum) and Lana (Kristin Kreuk) during an intimate moment... Erica Durance also stars. The episode was written by Todd Slavkin & Darren Swimmer and directed by Tom Welling (#2T6418).
[/FONT]

I'm really looking forward to Chloe's reaction and I cant wait to see Tom's take on a Smallville episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"