5.22 - Vessel (Season Finale Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
JackMercy said:
Oh, and the answer to number two...

...also doesn't involve a pizza topping...

yet...
[Jumping up and down like Arnold Horshack from "Welcome Back Kotter"]
(Pat shows her age... AGAIN)

Oooo oooo OOOO!!! Pick me! PICK ME, Mr. M.!
[hands up, waving like a nut]

:D ;)

AgentPat said:
Hmm. There's so many different ways of looking at this, and feeling bad for him is definitely one of 'em. On one level, it sux when your work clothes make you stand out like a sore thumb in public places. It sux when everybody knows you, but you don't know them. It sux when you're so adored by millions of fans, they talk about you on Internet message boards, sometimes in embarrassing ways. It sux when you have whole families that walk up to you and interrupt you when you're minding your own business eating, or walking your dog(s)...

Then again, I wish *I* could bring my pets to work with me. I wish public parks in Boston didn't have an issue with walking dogs off the leash. I wish my employer treated me with kid gloves knowing I was irreplaceable. I wish I had my own live-in trailer for days when I had to work out of the office. I wish I made a couple of a million dollars a year doing the things I loved, and that I didn't need twelve plus years of higher education and ungrateful internships to do it...

*sigh*

Ah, ignorance is bliss. :)

Pat, you are as always full of eloquence.

I think when you decide to become a public figure you have to learn to accept that people will be interested in what you are doing at any given point of the day. It's us common folk's way of "making them real". You don't wan't that then maybe you change your focus to somewhere.... I don't know.... behind the camera instead...... ?

KikiDee said:
Pat, you are as always full of eloquence.

I think when you decide to become a public figure you have to learn to accept that people will be interested in what you are doing at any given point of the day. It's us common folk's way of "making them real". You don't wan't that then maybe you change your focus to somewhere.... I don't know.... behind the camera instead...... ?
Exactly, and honestly, if being greeted politely by a family while walking his dogs is the worst thing that happened to him that day, then I'd say he had a pretty good day. I'm not convinced he was all that bothered by it anyway, but still, if you're going to be on tv, people being interested in what you do beyond the camera comes with it. I don't agree with disrupting someone's privacy, or the lengths the some people go to, or the paparazzi. But someone who's a fan and approaches you in a respectful way and then shares their excitement with other fans shouldn't be seen as an invasion.

KikiDee said:
You don't wan't that then maybe you change your focus to somewhere.... I don't know.... behind the camera instead...... ?
*twiddles thumbs*

mellyM said:
But someone who's a fan and approaches you in a respectful way and then shares their excitement with other fans shouldn't be seen as an invasion.
I actually agree with you, but my idea of respectful ends somewhere around "plumber's crack".

I guess things have gotten way off topic huh? I plead guilty:)...so..what do you think Clark's big choice will be?

jas01724 said:
*twiddles thumbs*

LOL,So is this a disgusted twiddle or a contemplative twiddle?:)
I'm actually really looking forward to his directorial debut.

I actually agree with you, but my idea of respectful ends somewhere around "plumber's crack".

I have to laugh a little about this because, well, I'm really juvenile.

Okay, so it was a little crude, but he is mortal. (I know it's hard to believe, but he is.) I can almost guarantee sometime in his lifetime he has laughed at someone for exposing themselves in a similar way and they probably weren't nearly as attractive. It just goes to show that no matter how well we do in life someone will always be around to inject that little dose of humility we all need.

mellyM said:
I guess things have gotten way off topic huh? I plead guilty:)...so..what do you think Clark's big choice will be?

Guilty as well.
icon11.gif

Shoud he use his powers for the good of human kind and fight against evil throughout the world?

There's quite a few choices, but if it's due to a person then Martha and Chloe are the only ones that don't start with L.

KalKai said:
Question: Will we be seeing Zod or Jor-El this season on Smallville? — Eddie

Ausiello: Yes, they'll both pop up in the season finale — but they won't be who we think they are. And here's another finale superscoop: Lois and another major character will end up on an airplane that's locked in autopilot — and there's only one person who knows where it's headed. (Hint: He looks like a platinum-topped vampire we once knew and loved.)

Question: Any Smallville scoop would be appreciated. — Bill
Ausiello: This season's cliff-hanger will revolve around a huge choice Clark must make. And it doesn't involve anyone whose name starts with L.

:D :D

This sounds incredible.

Choices, choices. The life of a Superman.

I hope he makes the right ones.

I was going to write something long, but instead I'll just leave it at this ...

I know that Pat knows how much attention you get just for running a fan site. If it gets too much, you can just shut the site down. The lucky celebs who want to shut their "site" down have the luxury of getting out of the biz (which you can't do very easily when you're on a TV show contract) or self-destructing. The frequency of both of those things in Hollywood should be enough to tell us that this isn't a reasonable consequence of their career choice. Passing it off as something they should have expected is very short-sighted.

KikiDee said:
LOL,So is this a disgusted twiddle or a contemplative twiddle?
Neither.

I can almost guarantee sometime in his lifetime he has laughed at someone for exposing themselves in a similar way and they probably weren't nearly as attractive.
I'm not sure what attractiveness has to do with potentially embarrassing situations. But regardless, I'd also want to slap him if he did that while I was around. :up:

KalKai said:
Question: Will we be seeing Zod or Jor-El this season on Smallville? — Eddie
Ausiello: Yes, they'll both pop up in the season finale — but they won't be who we think they are. And here's another finale superscoop: Lois and another major character will end up on an airplane that's locked in autopilot — and there's only one person who knows where it's headed. (Hint: He looks like a platinum-topped vampire we once knew and loved.)

Question: Any Smallville scoop would be appreciated. — Bill
Ausiello: This season's cliff-hanger will revolve around a huge choice Clark must make. And it doesn't involve anyone whose name starts with L.

:D :D

Sounds great.

Jor-EL & Zod :eek:

Lois & Chloe in the airplane ?

Brainiac is involved

I'll bet the choice Clark will have to make has something to do with his DESTINY.

I can't wait.

Kal-El 8 said:
Sounds great.

Jor-EL & Zod :eek:

Lois & Chloe in the airplane ?

Brainiac is involved

I'll bet the choice Clark will have to make has something to do with his DESTINY.

I can't wait.

Since Lois is now working for Martha, my guess would be that its Lois and Martha in the plane.

Will Clark have to make the choice of using his powers (i.e. flying) in front of the world to see.

avidreader said:
Since Lois is now working for Martha, my guess would be that its Lois and Martha in the plane.

Will Clark have to make the choice of using his powers (i.e. flying) in front of the world to see.

I wonder..

It seems like the hardest choices for Clark involve showing how he does have limitations. Remember Martha saying to him, after Jonathan's death, "Could you have chosen between them?" Perhaps that was a bit of foreshadowing?

Maybe it is Lois and Martha in the plane (after all, mythology has had Supes saving Lois in a plane before) and his choice is to save either the plane from a certain crash, or... Chloe (since it's not an L person, and Chloe has become his "sidekick" recently).

Lana will be on the sidelines having tea with Lex and keeping score, I guess. :D

Oh wait! I just thought of something even tougher! Maybe it's Lois and Lex in the plane, and the choice is between saving them or Martha!

That's a more interesting combination.. I think.

This is it - they will not be who we think they are. I hope to God they finally expose Jor-El as The Eradicator once and for all.

Well if its on an airplace one thing is for sure: Clark shall be flying. :D

Or super-leaping for awhile for the non-flyers out there.

mellyM said:
Dean Cain doesn;t look very evil or imposing to me...

you obviously didnt see him in that tv movie the perfect husband... DUDE was out of his mind evil looking towards the end

KikiDee said:
Okay, so it was a little crude, but he is mortal. ...
:confused:
I thought he was mortal for just 2 episodes..

Mike_D202 said:
Well if its on an airplace one thing is for sure: Clark shall be flying. :D
And we have a winner!! Take a bow, Mike.

prize.gif

Bruce_Wayne29 said:
This is it - they will not be who we think they are. I hope to God they finally expose Jor-El as The Eradicator once and for all.

Bruce, you may have hit upon something there... I wonder if that's what he meant about that? Interesting...

As soon as I saw the airplane thing, I figured flight might figure into the finale in some way..

:up:

That's great if that is what they're planning... I can't wait.

triplet said:
Bruce, you may have hit upon something there... I wonder if that's what he meant about that? Interesting...

I dunno about that Jor-El is the Eradicator theory. I keep going back to Relic and the clear connection that we know the REAL Jor-El has with the caves and all the symbols there. Maybe that doesn't disprove the theory, but it certainly indicates that the caves are a link b/w Clark and the real Jor-El.

Maybe the reveal is that Lionel really is Jor-El now. *shrug*

I wonder if the speculation for this ep will be as extenuous as it was for Reckoning? :)

I used to like the Eradicator theory but given how more sympathetic "Jor-El" has gotten this season, I wasn't sure that he was the Eradicator anymore...

I guess we'll see...

I imagine it is Chloe in the plane Braniac would want her out of the way she did foil his plan last time as to the other spoilerwhener just too many possibilities. About the dpg walking the lady lied to him pretending not to know him or what he was doing. That is just creepy she could have said we're big fans we love your show. He had to know they were lying and the crack thing is out of line. I don't think anyone of us would lie to him or reveal that (well maybe in a few pms not publicly)

That plane thing has gotten me very intrigued. Not terribly surprised about the Zod and Jor-El confirmation. That bit about Clark having to make a choice would have been pretty much worthless without the mention of it not involving any "L" characters.

triplet said:
I used to like the Eradicator theory but given how more sympathetic "Jor-El" has gotten this season, I wasn't sure that he was the Eradicator anymore...

I guess we'll see...

They could have done that so that ppl could be surprised again. At that time everybody was talking about how he could only be The Eradicator, Brainiac or Zod. They even went so far as to directly ask Gough who said that he "could be".
Up until now I thought that maybe they had that plan because of the no-Kryptonians rule (Eradicator is not a Kryptonian but a Kryptonian machine so is not obligated to that rule) but then Singer went on board on the movie and as a fan of the series gave them more freedom and since they now can use Kryptonians it's Jor-El again.
But let's face it folks: it would be really lame after all that Jor-El did in the past if they got away with that explanation.
I re-watched Covenant again and I like many fans can't get past it. It's obvious that it is The Eradicator or at least painted as it. They use his powers in the cave (ability to give a human the powers of Superman like Jonathan and Lindsay plus the ray of light used to choke Jonathan is the one Eradicator uses).
Add to it the way he behaved (not like the Jor-El we know) and the menaces he made (he was prepared to take Jonathan's life in the caves if Clark didn't go with him).
It was like someone that had no heart and was cold like a...machine. Yes, Jor-El has had a bit of a change lately but Eradicator isn't always evil but he was obsessed with the last son of Krypton and preserving the Kryptonian heritage on earth.
Now to go back to what Serene has said, the Jor-El in Relic is like the one we know and I really believe that one is. It's hard to believe that Relic's Jor-El would ever threaten Jonathan Kent who by the way was the son of the man who helped him in that episode.
It just doesn't add up and would leave too many holes if they don't expose the voice we know as Jor-El as The Eradicator who had assumed his identity for whatever purpose.

As far as the choice: maybe he finally acepts who he is and that he can fly...lol Or he decides to travel the world, who knows ? It probably won't be the choice to be Superman yet.

^^^ Maybe Brainiac has been controlling or corrupting the Jor-el (spirit, essence, whatever he is) and the real Jor-el wont be exposed until Brainiac is gone.

You have to ask why was Brainiac hiding in an Asteroid orbiting the earth all this time.

And I cant get past Jor-el punishing Clark in Arrival, just for disobeying him.

So I think there is some merrit to your theory BruceWayne.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"