5 Marvel Movies Get Release Dates Through 2023

Really hoping that July 2022 one is Fantastic Four.

I'm hoping for X-Men but it's more likely to be..

Ant-Man 3
Captain Marvel 2
Deadpool
Blade
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3

there are 6 untittled dates, so still one spot left.

My guess for the dates listed:

July 22, 2022 - Ant-Man 3
October 7th, 2022, - Blade
February 17th, 2023, - Captain Marvel 2
May 5th, 2023, - Avengers 5
July 28th, 2023, - Guardians 3
November 3rd, 2023 - Nova

Last edited:
I think the February 2022 film is Thunderbolts, as a secret (as of now) final film of phase 4 and it'll serve as a pseudo-Avengers film. There are so many potential Thunderbolts characters making noise in phases 3 and 4. Thunderbolt Ross (A lot of stuff), Ghost (Ant-Man and the Wasp), Zemo (Falcon and the Winter Soldier), Yelena/Red Guardian/Taskmaster (Black Widow). Maybe even Black Knight and Shang-Chi (though I think they'll be proper Avengers).

Just for reference sake here's a post I made on Sept. 6 (of course Ant-Man and Spider-Man property status has shifted since then):

MCU Phase IV! Here's an updated list layout I think gives a good idea for how many theatrical films Marvel Studio's currently seems to be juggling.

Sequels to Still Fresh Franchises:
Dr. Strange 2
Thor 4
Black Panther 2
Guardians 3
Captain Marvel 2

Tally Above: 5 Films (Continuation of Avengers IP is a strong possibility bringing the tally up further)
Ongoing Point to Ponder: To what capacity will any of these above movies be morphed into something else similar to what Captain America 3 was?

Reported New Franchises:
Black Widow
Eternals
Shang-Chi
FF
X-Men
Blade

Tally Above: 6 Films ("Rumored" new franchises can bring tally up further here)
Ongoing Point to Ponder: What is considered a new franchise as opposed to taking an existing one and simply utilizing a supporting character seen in previous movies and expanding?

Expired Franchises:
Spider-Man 3? (Discontinued in MCU pending Sony Agreement. Spin-offs from the Spider-Man IP may be included in the MCU either as a soft reboot or a new franchise in addition to Spider-Man 3 as 1 rumored bargaining point for agreement to be completed)

Ant-Man/Wasp 3? (No announcement yet)

Avengers (Kevin Feige post comic-con '18 claimed plans for a follow-up; Russo's have campaigned for a Secret Wars but rumors for an X-Men crossover film too. There are also rumors floating around of potential new properties spunoff this franchise such as Young Avengers, Dark Avengers, A-Force, or The Ultimates as of most recent updates Sept. '19)

Captain America (Finished. Russo's expressed interest in 1 final film post-Endgame but unlikely as of now)

Iron Man (Finished. IronHeart script purchased off Blacklist but no plans immediate future; Robert Downer Jr. commented hopes see the character post-Endgame)

Hulk (Universal and Disney unlikely to work something out most recent update. Hulk vs. Wolverine is a rumor picking up steam though)

Tally Above: 6 Possibilities (not including spin-offs mentioned above)
Ongoing Point to Ponder: If no direct follow-up to an expired franchise, will Marvel Studio's instead 1) spin-off into another property and simply re-title it or 2) Take an entirely new IP to take it's place?

On above post I didn't mention:
********Disney+ shows: I included all rumors for this on my November 9th post here: Marvel On Disney Streaming Service (aka Disney +) It should be noted that some of these shows originally were movie rumors.

*******"New Franchises" that have been rumored in the past but no real traction yet: Nova, Ghost Rider, and Silver Surfer are more current rumors and Fury, Ka-Zar, War Machine, Ravagers, Namor are past ones that never happened that I think about covers this. I did mention in above post rumored ones pertaining to existing IP's though (lets just count Thunderbolts as an expansion of the Avengers IP at least for now).

Crossover Events: There's 1) Secret Invasion and 2) Annihilation that have been rumored for a while but I'm unsure what various movies coming out Marvel will attempt to tie into this. There's also a separate rumor of a crossover event pertaining to 3) an earth based villain (originally norman osborn rumored then Doom rumored but now maybe Thunderbolts headed by General Ross?) and a separate cosmic based one (Galactus) seem to be going a different direction to this. 4) Any other rumors I think can be summed up under the "Avengers" IP in post quoted.

Last edited:
I'd rather just outline possibilities as explained above but I'll play the game and mention the following:

July 22, 2022 - Deadpool movie Guest Starring another Marvel character. I'd guess Spider-Man but that rumor of him being in the Captain Marvel sequel seems to be gaining traction for now. The Pg-13 route Disney will take and including a character from another Marvel movie (maybe even Hulk to replace the Hulk vs. Wolverine guest starring Alpha Flight option) will segue around bad PR just as much as letting time pass before an announcement on this comes will as well.

May 2022: Black Panther 2. Doom replacing Sub-Mariner at least for now. (May save sub-mariner for eternals and or inhumans I.P or Fantastic Four IP further down the line instead). Also Black Knight I'm guessing could appear following his appearance in Eternals if he doesn't in Ant-Man 3.

October 7th, 2022, - Blade guest starring 1 or 2 other headline characters. This will be an attempt to attract people to a PG-13 rendition as well.

February 17th, 2023, - Captain Marvel 2 guest starring Spider-Man (presumably continuing off of Spider-Man 3 in some way). This will finish some cosmic crossover storyline in a nutshell (presumably Secret Invasion or Kree vs. Skrull war storyline) giving room for a Nova movie much later that will focus on Annihilation (assuming if Sony and Marvel can't work out another agreement). Post-Credit scene with Earth based villain (presumably Doom instead of Norman but could be General Ross too) making contact with cosmic based one.

May 5th, 2023, - FF (presumably introduced in post-credit scene of Ant-Man 3). The story arc will presumably be the entirety of their lives. If time displaced in the Quantum Realm/Negative Zone expect villains like Annihilus along with earth based ones as well to be introduced.

July 28th, 2023, - Guardians 3 will presumably feature the High Evolutionary supposedly trying to mimic the Celestials as touched upon in Eternals.

November 3rd, 2023 - Thunderbolts/Dark Avengers Like Movie as set-up in Black Widow. The IP's will be meshed together and provide a battle with earth based Marvel characters. (If Hulk and Wolverine team-up guest starring Alpha Flight hasn't happened yet then this will be shoe-horned in somehow within the film providing maybe some hero characters for the Thunderbolts/Dark Avengers to face off against). The film will probably end centering on an even bigger cosmic threat everyone must band together against (perhaps the FF helps make the peace by bringing this to everyone's attention).

Future?: *There will be some huge big event film following causing a huge cosmic shakeup (X-Men introduced here in smaller role to provide added buzz for this film but not the main focal point of story).

Further Future?: The X-Men (as perhaps previously touched upon in Eternals and Dr. Strange 2 by this point) will have a film on them explaining how Deadpool's motley crew not the only ones after the cosmic shakeup somehow.
Another smaller yet still big event perhaps touching on Annihilation will follow as well perhaps another repercussion from the events of the huge shakeup film or maybe instead just be a continuation of a smaller story stemming off from Captain Marvel 2.

Last edited:
Feb 2022 - ANT-MAN 3
Ms Marvel (Disney+)
May 2022 - BLACK PANTHER 2 (confirmed)
Moon Knight (Disney+)
July 2022 - FANTASTIC FOUR
She-Hulk (Disney+)
Oct 2022 - BLADE

Feb 2023 - CAPTAIN MARVEL 2
May 2023 - GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY vol 3
July 2023 - SPIDER-MAN 4
Nov 2023 - ETERNALS 2