50 Shades of Grey - Part 1

Is there any nudity in this? /Filmcast said it was pretty tame for what the premise was...

You see Jamie's butt and Dakota's nipples and a fake bush.

Other differences from the book:

Anastasia's room mate, Kate, lets Christian into the apartment.

It wasn't shown in the movie so they made it look like like he broke into her place.

- They go to a restaurant and they ate oysters, fish, and asparagus during their business dinner meeting.

Last edited:
Time for Christopher Nolan to step in! :awesome:

I wonder who will be able to leverage the paycheck with just how much EL James is going to be up their ass during production.

Her statement is both classy and a dig at EL James at the same time. I hope STJ gets a big project where she'll have more freedom. She's a really talented director, hope she gets a prime gig like Captain Marvel or something else.

I had not considered her for that, but I could really see that working actually.

Yeah... I'd like her to be considered at least. :up:

I don't know if STJ wants to do blockbusters or whether she wants to stay with smaller films, but she will definitely want more freedom on her next project. And she deserves it after all that drama BTS with EL James, and still ending up with a hugely profitable film.

Well... he's written screenplays before, so that's a plus. Also, while it was rumored that Universal would let her write the first draft and then hire an experienced screenwriter to write the shooting script... that wasn't the case.

I wonder if she'll brow-beat her husband like she did with Sam Taylor-Johnson.

Well... he's written screenplays before, so that's a plus. Also, while it was rumored that Universal would let her write the first draft and then hire an experienced screenwriter to write the shooting script... that wasn't the case.

I wonder if she'll brow-beat her husband like she did with Sam Taylor-Johnson.

"No sex until you do what I want with the script"? :o

I noticed he wrote some episodes of "Wire in the Blood." That was a good show.

I think she'll be more lenient with her husband with the screenplay and how much he can veer away from the book. Because if they clash like STJ did with EL, it is going to be a MESSY divorce.

I have never seen such sloppy handling of one of these bestsellers turned film franchises. A script should have already been written and the film should already be shooting to be honest. A 2 year gap is two long for a flash in the pan bestseller like 50 Shades.

I have never seen such sloppy handling of one of these bestsellers turned film franchises. A script should have already been written and the film should already be shooting to be honest. A 2 year gap is two long for a flash in the pan bestseller like 50 Shades.

I'm surprised Universal didn't have a sequel script commissioned during filming of the first. That's what studios usually do in case the first film is a hit. And they didn't do it until AFTER the film came out... weird.

Also, Universal has set the release date for the next two sequels. Darker will hit theaters February 10, 2017 and Freed on February 9, 2018.

http://deadline.com/2015/04/universal-fifty-shades-of-grey-sequels-release-dates-1201415314/

DVD / Blu-Ray comes out next week already.

The Unrated version is 3 minutes longer.

Differences:

The first change came at the scene where Christian (Dornan) "rectifies" Ana's (Dakota Johnson) situation, that is, he takes her virginity. We got an extra shot of Ana's breasts (already on prominent display in the film) and one extra, er, hip motion from Christian before the camera pans up to his creepy above-bed mirror.

While driving Ana home, Christian stops by a lake for a quick chat about his contract. For whatever reason, his speech changes ever so slightly. And we get another extra shot of Ana making mooneyes.

As Christian reads his contract in voice-over, we get an extra shot of Ana drinking with her co-workers while Christian intones about how his submissive will "not drink to excess." There's also one extra shot of her jogging while Christian drones on about physical activity.

After going for a run, Ana is surprised by Christian, who's furious she tried to get rid of him. In this sweaty sex scene, we once again get another couple extra shots of Ana and Christian.

Did you ever wonder how Ana got home from her graduation? Christian drove her there.

Christian using his riding crop on Ana's crotch and on her behind a little bit more.

Ana and Christian exchange texts as she gets on a plane, upgraded to first class by him, to visit her mom.

The alternate ending is
Anastasia going back to her apartment crying, thinking of happier times that she spent with Christian. He gets up from a corporate meeting to send her an e-mail.

While the alternate is more accurate to the book, I prefer the theatrical version as it had a better impact (no pun intended) on the viewer.

Also, thank God, Anastasia
still says "Stop." instead of "Red." like the director originally wanted.

Last edited:
As you can see, I really like 50 Shades Of Grey!

22298_10204608174112202_1652960672029690716_n.jpg

This is probably one of the worst movies i've ever seen in my life.

After watching the film I remember wondering. .. If this is like the actual book what warranted this film to even be made?

A kajillion readers. Also, by all accounts, the film is a real improvement.

Is that... is that James Vanderbeek on the left. No, It can't be. He hasn't seen that much money since the late 90s. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"