• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

6.22 - Phantom - Season Finale Discussion Thread (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL, You can't leave the house w/o anti-shark repellent, I always say.

Okay, my review's up:

http://www.kryptonsite.com/phantomreview.htm

And (for the first time), Craig did some editing. I wasn't surprised he had wanted to remove the part he did but I was annoyed by the depth of the spoilers released with the pink script and wanted to vent about it.
*snip*
I wasn't surprised he had edited that but I was hoping he'd let it slide.

Nicely done as usual, trip. :up:
I guess I'm not surprised he edited that out either. It's kind of a touch situation.

Is there really some legal action being considered because of them?

Nicely done as usual, trip. :up:
I guess I'm not surprised he edited that out either. It's kind of a touch situation.

Is there really some legal action being considered because of them?

First I had heard of that, if there is I wouldn't have included that section...

*shrug*

Good review, Trip. :) I guess you're looking forward to a break from reviewing now, till season 7 ofcourse!

What doesn't he have in taht belt?

It wasn't in his belt. Robin passed it down from the Bat-Copter. GOSH!

I hope Bizarro (sp?) Clark keeps the cracked grey look most of the time in 7. I'm a bit disappointed he didn't greet Clark with a "Goodbye".

Good review, Trip. :) I guess you're looking forward to a break from reviewing now, till season 7 ofcourse!

Thanks.

Yeah, sometimes it can be hard to find something new to say so I look forward to the breaks, but this time last year, I was really burnt out but I had a much tougher schedule at the TV station than I do now at the call center.

It was stressing me out more than I think I realized at the time, I guess waking up at 2:45am and being perpetually sleep deprived will do that to you... The being seriously underpaid for the work I did (and getting next to no appreciation shown to me like ever) didn't help either.

So, anyway, I brought it up because this year I'm not contemplating giving up reviewing like I did last year.

I was seriously on the fence about whether I wanted to keep doing it all last summer... it's one reason why I decided not to have the review threads anymore.

Just another thing stressing me that I could easily do without.

This year, I am looking forward to the new season more and I think my writing has gotten better so the reviews aren't a chore like they really were this time last year, so I think everything is good.

:up:

I'm only sorry I got spoiled and the season ender wasn't as good as I think it could have been.

Oh, well...

These season finales are getting rediculas, you think by now everybody would know to get the **** out of Smallville when May rolls round.

Triplet my dear,

Great review as always. :up:

I agree with the score, and while I hate giving a finale anything less than a five, this one really seemed crunched for time compared to the others. On top of that, other seasons have felt like it was leading up to something big for the finale...but for some reason, this one seemed like a bigger budget episode that wrapped up some story points, and a little less like a finale. But what we got was awsomeness...although, I was actually hoping to hear Tom Welling say "Me am Bizarro" but meh, you can't have everything. :p

Good job though, I'm loving it. :D

My tears let me heal you and make me dead! Huzzah!

any time i hear, read, or think the word 'huzzah' it makes me think of the professor from futurama.

Triplet my dear,

Great review as always. :up:

thanks.

Brainiac 8 said:
I agree with the score, and while I hate giving a finale anything less than a five, this one really seemed crunched for time compared to the others. On top of that, other seasons have felt like it was leading up to something big for the finale...but for some reason, this one seemed like a bigger budget episode that wrapped up some story points, and a little less like a finale.

Yeah. I know some people didn't like Vessel last year but I thought that episode was a better finale than this one was. Somehow, it didn't leave me as anxious for the next seaon. Maybe it's because Clark didn't appear to be in any real peril, or had a dilemma to face, for the first time since Tempest... I mean, last year he was trapped in the Phantom Zone at the end of the finale and the year before he was stuck in the Arctic and the year before that, he was pulled into the wall...

This time? He was thrown into the air. Unless he lands in a pile of Kryptonite, he's not in any real danger... Maybe Bizarro should have beat him close to death and left him where the water was rising, at least the stakes would have been made higher for him. We know that Clark can't be in any real danger, they can't kill Clark off. He's superman for crying out loud, but give us something to worry about...

I guess the cliff-hanger for him is will he able to go back and save the others left back in the dam and save whatever town is likely put into danger by the dam falling apart?

I liked the episode, but I couldn't give it more than I did... it just wasn't satisfying.

Brainiac 8 said:
But what we got was awsomeness...although, I was actually hoping to hear Tom Welling say "Me am Bizarro" but meh, you can't have everything. :p

Good job though, I'm loving it. :D

Tom did a great job, but I wasn't sorry we didn't get "Me am Bizarro" kinda dialogue.... that might work in a comic or even for a cartoon Bizarro, but for a more realistic Bizarro? I'm not sure that woulda flown...

thanks.

Yeah. I know some people didn't like Vessel last year but I thought that episode was a better finale than this one was. Somehow, it didn't leave me as anxious for the next seaon. Maybe it's because Clark didn't appear to be in any real peril, or had a dilemma to face, for the first time since Tempest... I mean, last year he was trapped in the Phantom Zone at the end of the finale and the year before he was stuck in the Arctic and the year before that, he was pulled into the wall...

This time? He was thrown into the air. Unless he lands in a pile of Kryptonite, he's not in any real danger... Maybe Bizarro should have beat him close to death and left him where the water was rising, at least the stakes would have been made higher for him. We know that Clark can't be in any real danger, they can't kill Clark off. He's superman for crying out loud, but give us something to worry about...

I guess the cliff-hanger for him is will he able to go back and save the others left back in the dam and save whatever town is likely put into danger by the dam falling apart?

I liked the episode, but I couldn't give it more than I did... it just wasn't satisfying.

Tom did a great job, but I wasn't sorry we didn't get "Me am Bizarro" kinda dialogue.... that might work in a comic or even for a cartoon Bizarro, but for a more realistic Bizarro? I'm not sure that woulda flown...

I liked Phantom as a season finale.:csad: It wasn't as sad or depressing as last year's finale. (even though Vessel's cliffhanger was a lot more intriguing on Clark's part) I thought that Phantom did a good job of putting the other characters in peril. It left us with alot to look forward to for next seasons premeier.:up:

So, anyway, I brought it up because this year I'm not contemplating giving up reviewing like I did last year.

I was seriously on the fence about whether I wanted to keep doing it all last summer... it's one reason why I decided not to have the review threads anymore.

Just another thing stressing me that I could easily do without.

This year, I am looking forward to the new season more and I think my writing has gotten better so the reviews aren't a chore like they really were this time last year, so I think everything is good.
That's good to know! I'm new to fandom, but when I started catching up on the DVD's of past seasons, I also discovered your reviews. And I've really enjoyed reading your reviews this season!

Yeah. I know some people didn't like Vessel last year but I thought that episode was a better finale than this one was. Somehow, it didn't leave me as anxious for the next seaon. Maybe it's because
Clark didn't appear to be in any real peril, or had a dilemma to face, for the first time since Tempest... I mean, last year he was trapped in the Phantom Zone at the end of the finale and the year before he was stuck in the Arctic and the year before that, he was pulled into the wall...

I liked Phantom as a season finale. It wasn't as sad or depressing as last year's finale. (even though Vessel's cliffhanger was a lot more intriguing on
Clark's part) I thought that Phantom did a good job of putting the other characters in peril. It left us with alot to look forward to for next seasons premeier.

I agree that this was not as good a finale as season 1, 2. 3 or 4. But I preferred it to last years. With 'Vessel', I loved the Zod element, and Clark's cliffhanger really was very exciting. But I also really hated some elements, like the Clark/Lana scenes, and what Lana said to Clark. And I didn't care much for how Braniac was wrapped up either, nor the (IMHO) pointless Clark/Chloe kiss. With 'Phantom', I definitely agree the cliffhangers were a little weaker. But atleast it had a much awaited and needed Clark/Lana scene, that did justice to their 6 year history. And no-one said any hateful things to Clark either! Lol. Like Migu-El said, it left me with a lot to look forward to next season. Although good as it was, it could have been better.

That's good to know! I'm new to fandom, but when I started catching up on the DVD's of past seasons, I also discovered your reviews. And I've really enjoyed reading your reviews this season!

Thanks!

Riva said:
I agree that this was not as good a finale as season 1, 2. 3 or 4. But I preferred it to last years. With 'Vessel', I loved the Zod element, and Clark's cliffhanger really was very exciting. But I also really hated some elements, like the Clark/Lana scenes, and what Lana said to Clark. And I didn't care much for how Braniac was wrapped up either, nor the (IMHO) pointless Clark/Chloe kiss. With 'Phantom', I definitely agree the cliffhangers were a little weaker. But atleast it had a much awaited and needed Clark/Lana scene, that did justice to their 6 year history. And no-one said any hateful things to Clark either! Lol. Like Migu-El said, it left me with a lot to look forward to next season. Although good as it was, it could have been better.

Well, I think they both had their moments but last year's didn't try to cram so much into it.... It felt like a more cohesive episode overall.

*shrug*

Phantom definitely could have been better.

i feel like the jury is out on bizarro... next season we'll see

Forgive me if I missed the answer to this...When is a review for Phantom going to be posted over at the Kingdom?

Forgive me if I missed the answer to this...When is a review for Phantom going to be posted over at the Kingdom?

J's had some RL issues that are keeping him from his online duties so he hasn't updated in quite a while. He still has my reviews of Noir and Prototype to post and fortunately, Hulk was back to do the Phantom review, so I assume J is still sitting that as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pedroxvtt
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"