7.15 - Veritas - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

In 1502, a Kryptonian named Naman I came to Earth and fell in love with the mother of the Kawatche. Out of that forbidden affair, the Kawatche people were born. Naman brought with him from Krypton green kryptonite that had strange effects on the people, and that is when the first Skinwalkers appeared.

At one point, Naman forged the prophecies on the walls of the Kawatche Caves. He left some "parasites" from Krypton in the walls also, along with Palak (The Star Blade). One day, the kryptonian visitor flew back into to Krypton, promising he would come back to protect them. (Rather his descendant, Kal-El) Also, at some point, Naman hid the sacred Kryptonian stones, building the reputation of a "god" along the way.

One day, Naman flew back into the sky, promising he would send another. He came from a star that no longer exists. There is a constellation of a wolf with only one eye. The star from which Naman I came used to be the other eye of the wolf. Kyla and Joseph Willowbrook believe Naman sent Kal-El in his place and that Clark Kent is the Naman's descendant.

http://smallville.wikia.com/wiki/Kawatche

Did Clark ever think Jor-El could be Naman? He came to earth, fell in love and then left too.

No. Jor-el came to Earth in the 60's. Right? Naman was never identified.

Where did that Wiki article get the date 1502? I'm fairly certain they never said that in the series. Looks like someone picked a random number off the top of their head.

So, Veritas...truth, right? Maybe Lex finds out the truth about Kara...and/or Clark? Or gets closer than ever (whatever that means).

or Lex comes to terms with the truth that he will never be good and stays evil. Or Lex finds out the truth that Lionel is keeping Clark's secret and kills him!

http://www.kryptonsite.com/smallvillespoilers.htm

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Guest Stars:[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] James Marsters (Brainiac)[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
UPDATED 11/11/07:
Expect episodes #7-14 & #7-15 to explore some long-standing elements and arcs in the overall Smallville mythology. Things that happened in past seasons will finally come together, in a storyline heavily involving Clark as well as the Luthors.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

It is curious how this season we are witnessing the various dots being connected: in Lara, we learned about Krypton's civil war and how the portals to other worlds were closed (reference to Jor-El's presence on earth in 1961).

Now it seems they're doing it again in Veritas and the previous episode: Clark, Lex and Brainiac. looks promising.

Where did that Wiki article get the date 1502? I'm fairly certain they never said that in the series. Looks like someone picked a random number off the top of their head.
The episode aired in 2002 and Joseph mentioned Naman apppeared 500 years ago in Skinwalker.

Jonathan: And that would be this Naman person you've been talking about, right?

Joseph:
Yes. Of course, that was 500 years ago. He's a little late.

Skinwalker was season 2 and Talisman was season 3.

cool, just bought seasons 2 and 3 from best buy $14.99 each. thats when i had to work every wed. and i never got to watch them.

yeah I remember those times. Seasons 1 & 2 were Tuesday nights, seasons 3 & 4 were Wednesday nights and from season 5 and on, Thursday nights. Those were the days.

Back when i was in high school, i used to watch with my dad, yesterday night i had season 2 in the dvd player and he started watching wth me again. He's the reason i'm a big superman fan :up:

I didn't even have WB for the first two seasons. Now I watch it with my niece. She wants to know when he will fly. Poor kid.

I didn't even have WB for the first two seasons. Now I watch it with my niece. She wants to know when he will fly. Poor kid.

Tell her that Clark will fly in her dreams :ninja::wow::o:woot: That will be the closest she will ever get to see Tom Wellings Clark Kent fly with no help.

January 3rd. :)

(I'm guessing LOL)

Don't tease now:dry:

Unfortunately she has had her mind tainted by SR, the first time she heard someone refer to Lois by name on Smallville she said "hey that's that little boys mom".:dry: :dry:

Don't tease now:dry:
It's a potential spoiler with a LOT of rumor behind it, so take it with a grain of salt. Interestingly enough, Kara's not in the episode in question (Persona), even though it was teased at the beginning of the season that she would give Clark flyi... err... falling lessons. So, if the spoiler/rumors are true, then something may happen to Clark in a lighter than air kind of way (LOL), which might then inspire him to seek advice from Kara later. What bugs me is that he's got all of these other characters flying around him (literally) and he hasn't asked about it yet! The hell is he waiting for? LOL

Unfortunately she has had her mind tainted by SR, the first time she heard someone refer to Lois by name on Smallville she said "hey that's that little boys mom".:dry: :dry:
That makes me want to cry like a Buffalo Bills' fan tonight. :(

(Football joke) :D

It's a potential spoiler with a LOT of rumor behind it, so take it with a grain of salt. Interestingly enough, Kara's not in the episode in question (Persona), even though it was teased at the beginning of the season that she would give Clark flyi... err... falling lessons. So, if the spoiler/rumors are true, then something may happen to Clark in a lighter than air kind of way (LOL), which might then inspire him to seek advice from Kara later. What bugs me is that he's got all of these other characters flying around him (literally) and he hasn't asked about it yet! The hell is he waiting for? LOL

That makes me want to cry like a Buffalo Bills' fan tonight. :(

(Football joke) :D

Oh that's interesting, I must be out of the loop.:wow:

Being a New Yorker who has no love for the Bills, I'm like the Grinch happily awaiting all those sad faces tomorrow.:woot:

Oh that's interesting, I must be out of the loop.:wow:
More detail is in the Persona thread. I'd elaborate here, but it's not really pertinent to Veritas, though who knows - it could happen in THIS episode. LOL

Being a New Yorker who has no love for the Bills, I'm like the Grinch happily awaiting all those sad faces tomorrow.:woot:
Hee! I grew up in College Point (Queens). Moved up to Boston in '89. I have to walk a fine line between NY and NE sports fanships. Kinda funny. ;)

More detail is in the Persona thread. I'd elaborate here, but it's not really pertinent to Veritas, though who knows - it could happen in THIS episode. LOL

Hee! I grew up in College Point (Queens). Moved up to Boston in '89. I have to walk a fine line between NY and NE sports fanships. Kinda funny. ;)

I'll check it out.:yay:

Yeah I'm from around Syracuse, was forced to watch NY sports, hate them all.:cmad: :woot:

I'll root for Boston just to irk people.

From TWoP:

"In other news, Veritas is casting for 7 roles, only 4 of which are interesting; Robert Queen (Oliver's father), Young Ollie Queen, Young Patty Swann (Patricia from Traveler), and Young Jason Teague."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"