7.15 - Veritas - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Interesante. Flashbackiness. Wasn't there something in those Oliver Queen Chronicles last season that suggested (or maybe explicity and outright stated?) that there'd been some sort of... pact or joint-effort between Robert Queen, Virgil Swann, and maybe Teague's father? Most of what I just said is probably nonsense, but was there anything like that?

Interesante. Flashbackiness. Wasn't there something in those Oliver Queen Chronicles last season that suggested (or maybe explicity and outright stated?) that there'd been some sort of... pact or joint-effort between Robert Queen, Virgil Swann, and maybe Teague's father? Most of what I just said is probably nonsense, but was there anything like that?

Yep there was. They formed an alliance to fight against the aliens that they heard were coming.

When Swann received Jor-el's message from out of space, he realised that there was no threat of an invasion and more or less waited for Clark's arrival, the Teague's continued with the search for the stones, the Queens died and Lionel started up his Level 3 experiments.

Ooo, la la. Thanks for the fill-in, av. I like the split, the different paths followed. Well, except for the Queens. Dying and all. I wish this was something that was actually spoken of on the show, though. Maybe it will be yet...

Ooo, la la. Thanks for the fill-in, av. I like the split, the different paths followed. Well, except for the Queens. Dying and all. I wish this was something that was actually spoken of on the show, though. Maybe it will be yet...

I'm pretty sure that there are spoilers out there discussing that very thing.

Did we miss this from Ksite.

- (Thanks to S.A.M. for this spoiler) Yes, it is a flashback, and the villain from Smallville's past that might be back is Genevieve Teague. She's in the casting sides at the very least. The scene in question is a flashback to when Lionel, Swann, the Queens, and the Teagues were all working together in the late 1980s.

Anyway Zorex, especially for you. :)

So are they bring back Jane Seymour or they are just casting some one to play her younger self?

does this remind anyone of Heroes, where the older generation is working together and younger generation are paying for past mistakes?

yeah it does a bit. although i think they might have unearthed the Kryptonian who like Kara went into stasus until he was found.

Did we miss this from Ksite.

- (Thanks to S.A.M. for this spoiler) Yes, it is a flashback, and the villain from Smallville's past that might be back is Genevieve Teague. She's in the casting sides at the very least. The scene in question is a flashback to when Lionel, Swann, the Queens, and the Teagues were all working together in the late 1980s.

Anyway Zorex, especially for you. :)
Hoo Ha, again. There it is! Very cool. Thanks, av.

Awesome! Even though I was hoping for Oliver to get stuck on an island, but still- who knows? In the SV universe that might still happen in this episode.

does this remind anyone of Heroes, where the older generation is working together and younger generation are paying for past mistakes?

Actually, never thought of that... Heroes stole from SV? That's funny and awesome- because this information has all been out since middle to end of last season with Justice and Doom.

Awesome! Even though I was hoping for Oliver to get stuck on an island, but still- who knows? In the SV universe that might still happen in this episode.
He did. In one part of Oliver Queen chronicals

No- I know that. I mean live action on the series.

I would be disappointed in Oliver if he gets stuck on an island again. But he could always get off with his bow and arrow abilities.

Lol, not again... I mean if part of all of the flashbacks leads up to the whole him on an island thing. Been a while since I've seen arrow chronicles to know if that could work though. They also didn't say how old Oliver was.

Some updates from K-Site on Veritas:

UPDATED 12/29/07: Even though Clark and Lana have some bumps after the whole Bizarro thing, it sounds like they will still be in a relationship by season's end.
- Kristin Kreuk has implied in a CW interview that the season ends on a cliffhanger, should things end with episode #15. The big cliffhangers, and the episode itself, deal more with the mythology of the series than the romantic relationships. There's a lot of big stuff on the way though...

UPDATED 1/8/08: The presence of Brainiac takes place in the present day, not in a flashback.
- Chloe isn't the only one to have words with Lionel in this episode. Expect Lex and Lois to also have dialogue with the elder Luthor.

UPDATED 1/18/08: Jane Seymour (Genevieve Teague) won't be back after all. We might meet Jason's father instead. (Where's Jeffrey Dean Morgan when we need him?)

http://www.kryptonsite.com/smallvillespoilers.htm

No, it reminds of the Watchmen, whom Heroes ripped that off of, amongst other things.

these days, everyone is ripping off of each other. where's the originality?!?!?

This "rip off" thing is ridiculous, people just love to whine about anything, everybody is ripping off someone! :whatever:

It seems "Veritas" will be very dramatic indeed, Craig (webmaster K-Site) confirm what Gough said. I think Lionel will die, Lex will kill his father after finding out a terrible secret, what could it be? Maybe Lionel has something to do with the death of Lex's mother, Lillian Luthor!! :wow:

^ I'm TOTALLY looking forward to whatever they've been alluding to but haven't said. "SV will change forever?" Mmm... okay. It's not like I haven't heard that before (Reckoning comes to mind), but hopefully they mean it this time. :D

^ I'm TOTALLY looking forward to whatever they've been alluding to but haven't said. "SV will change forever?" Mmm... okay. It's not like I haven't heard that before (Reckoning comes to mind), but hopefully they mean it this time. :D

Things did change after Reckoning though. We no longer have Jonathan telling Clark that he cant do this and he cant do that because .............

(insert whatever reason you want) :cwink:

Clark makes his own decisions now.

Things did change after Reckoning though. We no longer have Jonathan telling Clark that he cant do this and he cant do that because .............

(insert whatever reason you want) :cwink:
So now we get GA, MM, Kara et al telling Clark what to do. Meh. Not the same. :p

Clark makes his own decisions now.
He always has. That's what gets him into trouble half the time. He's bullheaded. That'll never change. :heart:

Craig said, "At least one major part of Smallville will never be the same after #15." That gives me hope that it's something... well... "major." LOL ;)

Chloe or Lionel dying would be major.
Clark wearing glasses - don't know why - but it would be major.
Clark (or Lex) moving to Metropolis would be major.
Clark breaking up with Lana (again, but permanently this time) would be major.
Bizarro cleaning up all of the Kryptonite in Smallville (the town) would be major.
Kara leaving for good would be a godsend.... err... I mean, major. :p
CLARK FLYING WOULD BE MAJOR!

I'm expecting that kind of stuff given the spoiler, and I expect... nay HOPE, that it involves Clark in some way. :D

If it's just something like the Talon or Lex's mansion blowing up, eh, that's not major. Big deal. Yeah, it's a change, but that sort of thing is pretty meaningless in the big picture of Clark becoming Superman, y'know? ;)

Maybe Lex starts LexCorp and moves back to Metropolis. Why does Lex live in Smallville anymore? He has nothing left for him there.

Maybe Lex starts LexCorp and moves back to Metropolis. Why does Lex live in Smallville anymore? He has nothing left for him there.
I'd buy that as a "major" change. If they do go in that direction, I bet it will be a matter of necessity rather than a creative decision. Locating Lex in Metropolis would make his inevitable reduced screen time more realistic going into S8.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"