85th Annual Academy Awards (2013) - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
she actually said she would dry up for roles? even tho she is only 22 with 2 oscar noms and attached to 2 popular franchises lol

Yes she did. The person she was chatting with said just what you did, minus the two Oscar noms thing. And I'm still not sure if she begrudgingly admitted the absurdity of her statement. She seemed like she could have but not really.

Honestly I only care about her opinion because it funny to laugh at her. I suppport both Chastain and Lawrence because they are good actresses but some people love to pit women against eachother.

she actually said she would dry up for roles? even tho she is only 22 with 2 oscar noms and attached to 2 popular franchises lol

The crux of her ranting against her basically seems to be because Jennifer doesn't take herself or her job so seriously. Essentially Sasha comes across like Jen needs 'to play the game' as it were to have a long career, quite frankly Jen is a breath of fresh air when it comes to celebs - she's the closest thing to a regular person in the business.

What a brilliant quote from DDL. I doff my cap to you sir.

The crux of her ranting against her basically seems to be because Jennifer doesn't take herself or her job so seriously. Essentially Sasha comes across like Jen needs 'to play the game' as it were to have a long career, quite frankly Jen is a breath of fresh air when it comes to celebs - she's the closest thing to a regular person in the business.

Really? I thought she just thought that she was overrated or not good at all with a little assist from the jealousy monster regarding her looks.

So she likes fake and boring? Dear god that woman is...I can't say it on these boards.

Really? I thought she just thought that she was overrated or not good at all. I hate her evenn more now.

I could have misinterpreted what she was saying but that's how it was coming across to me. I'd dig up the tweets but they were weeks ago and frankly I can't be bothered searching through Sasha's account. All I know is her comments really pissed me off.

I thought Sasha was only hating on Jennifer because she hated SLP and it's backed by Weinstein?

I could have misinterpreted what she was saying but that's how it was coming across to me. I'd dig up the tweets but they were weeks ago and frankly I can't be bothered searching through Sasha's account. All I know is her comments really pissed me off.
Yeah don't bother looking them up. You are a smart guy so I'm sure your interpretation was just fine.

Well now I'm going to be rooting for her to win the Oscar. I know Anne is going to win but I'll root for her as well.

I hope this win helps Silver Linings make over a 100mil. I know the fanboy site runners hated it but I loved it. I respect their opinions if they are informed but that doesn't change my feelings about the film.

Last edited:
A lot of the geekier site runner have an almost physical aversion to Bradly Cooper.

Who the **** is Sasha Stone and why should I care? :o

I'm pretty sure you shouldn't.

A lot of the geekier site runner have an almost physical aversion to Bradly Cooper.

I did too until his performances in Limitless and Playbook. I still don't think he is right for every role *coughA-Teamcough* but I think he has proven himself to be a very talented actor. His Oscar nom was 100% deserved IMHO.

Wasn't right for A-Team? Not *****ebaggy enough?

Oh, I definitely agree x10000 that Bradley Cooper deserved a nomination.

Argo just won the best picture.

Acting block is largest block at oscars

Still to this day i'm sad that Bradly Cooper never got to play Green Lantern. Even if the directing/writing wasn't all there...

Some SAG Awards history.

The SAG Awards date back to 1995. Since then the Best Ensemble winner has won the Academy Award for Best Picture 8 times. It has not 9 times.

Watching Silver Linings Playbook, it's very obvious Lawrence's role was written with an older actress in mind.

Hathaway was actually originally cast for the part- she was nearly a two time winner tonight, ceritus paribus. Damn you Nolan and your 6 month filming schedules!

Regarding the SAG Awards, I'm surprised Argo won Best Ensemble over Lincoln, Les Miserables and Silver Linings Playbook.

i thought SLP would win that seeing how 4 of it's actors got oscar noms

Argo won another pity award. I expect Affleck to win another pity award when the DGA rolls around. I haven't seen Argo so I'm not dissin it as a film but I'm sick of these pity wins.

And despite what some are saying best actress is not a lock for Lawrence. Davis beat Streep at the SAG but the Streep took home the Oscar so it's entirely possible. that Chastain, Watts or Riva could take it. Sorry but Wallis has zero chance of winning but she is a cute likable kid.

P.S. I don't expect her to but if Lawrence wins the BAFTA she will be taking home that Oscar. Again I think their is a 10% chance of that happening because the BAFTAS obviously would. have given Playbook more noms if they loved it as much as the Oscars did.

Last edited:
dont forget rourke/penn from 2008 did'nt we all think that was mickey's oscar to lose back then

I think Penn deserved that win over Rouke...And yes I forgot that example.

Regarding best actress race, Playbook after wide release finally has box office on it's side and so does ZD30.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"