86th Annual Academy Awards (2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It might get lost in the shuffle, but I really want the brilliant Prisoners to get a nomination for something. Cinematography, at least. Although Gravity probably already has that in the bag.

Last edited:
I'm hoping "The Hobbit" wins Best Original Song for "I See Fire".

I'm hoping "The Hobbit" wins Best Original Song for "I See Fire".
It's gonna have to compete with what looks to be Disney Animation's best-reviewed musical in almost 20 years featuring several eligible songs for that award.

Last edited:
Yeah, I actually heard that Let It Go song and the competition would have to be something mind blowing for them to even have a shot.

The soundtrack's not out yet, but for anyone interested, here's a clip I posted in the Frozen thread of "Let It Go"...projected on water(?) at the Disneyland Resort:

Hellooo new audition song for aspiring starlets everywhere.

Oooh tnx for the heads up. I'll definitely be checking out that actresses roundtable when i get home tonight, should be an interesting one! :woot:

I watched the actresses roundtable. Emma Thompson steals the show.

T3Uf5HI.jpg

7D3doUK.jpg

FHDy9JX.jpg

naSEwLi.jpg

FCrq7Sy.jpg

ihZoboe.jpg

4JtaEio.jpg

Vl0echG.jpg

wm7nY81.jpg

RkqxJDs.jpg

The SAG nominations are here.
Ensemble Cast
12 Years a Slave
American Hustle
August: Osage County
Dallas Buyers Club
The Butler

Lead Actor
Bruce Dern, Nebraska
Chiwetel Ejiofor, 12 Years a Slave
Tom Hanks, Captain Phillips
Matthew McConaughey, Dallas Buyers Club
Forest Whitaker, The Butler

Lead Actress
Cate Blanchett, Blue Jasmine
Sandra Bullock, Gravity
Judi Dench, Philomena
Meryl Streep, August: Osage County
Emma Thompson, Saving Mr. Banks

Supporting Actor
Barkhad Abdi, Captain Phillips
Daniel Bruhl, Rush
Michael Fassbender, 12 Years a Slave
Janes Gandolfini, Enough Said
Jared Leto, Dallas Buyers Club

Supporting Actress
Jennifer Lawrence, American Hustle
Lupita Nyong’o, 12 Years a Slave
Julia Roberts, August: Osage County
June Squibb, Nebraska
Oprah Winfrey, The Butler

http://www.sagawards.org/media-pr/p...unced-20th-annual-screen-actors-guild-awards®

These Guild noms are usually pretty close to the Oscar noms. Last year was unusual in how the Guilds didn't match up with the Oscars as much.

The big story there is Redford missing. I absolutely love the Bruhl Supporting Actor nod! :up:

I'm expecting that the lead Actress nominees won't changed much from here to the Academy Awards, also wasn't Streep willing to be dropped to supporting for the race, of course that won't necessarily make people put her there, I mean she is Meryl Streep.

I think Adams still has a shot. She was snubbed by the SAG last year too and she still got an Oscar nod. We'll see... She definitely has the reviews to back her up but the field is more tight this year.

While i still havent seen all of the nominated films, i do hope 12 Years a Slave does well. The performances were solid, i think they're all deserving of noms and wins. The ensemble category looks ridiculously tough.

Wolf of WallStreet wasn't seen by enough members in time so expect it to make a better er an actual showing at the Oscars.

Amy Adams did technically get a nod because of the cast nomination for Hustle. I think best actress might be too packed this year for her to get in.

Meryl is being campaigned for lead now so that is where she will most likely show up.

Amy Adams did technically get a nod because of the cast nomination for Hustle. I think best actress might be too packed this year for her to get in.

Meryl is being campaigned for lead now so that is where she will most likely show up.
Yeah, leading actress looks tough. Meryl and DDL can be a grievance for everyone else when they make a movie, because they tend to get nominated and win :hehe:

I think Adams still has a shot. She was snubbed by the SAG last year too and she still got an Oscar nod. We'll see... She definitely has the reviews to back her up but the field is more tight this year.

Yeah , it seems Adams and Lawrence are the ones who left an impression but it's definitely going to be an uphill battle even just taking out from these nominees. There's Streep, Thompson, Dench, Blanchett and Bullock, geez.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"