90s music you'd like to hear in the movie

That would never work, sooner or later they would get to Carly Rae jepsen’s work and ***** themselves with happiness

If Carol is still a Star Wars fan in this universe I can't wait for her reaction to the prequels and the current movies when she enters the modern day.

Now that I think about her jumping through time 25 years, she should be absolutely thrilled by the 3 Red Sox World Series wins, especially against the Yankees. I really hope she is as proud of being from Boston as Spider-man, and Captain America are of being from Queens, and the Bronx. Could be used for some friendly ribbing/banter.

That could influence her music tastes:Aerosmith, Boston, The Cars, Mission of Burma, Lemonheads, Throwing Muses, Dinosaur Jr, Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Pixies, Buffalo Tom, Blake Babies/Juliana Hatfield, Helium, Swirlies, Belly, Bel Biv Davoe, Til Tuesday/Aimee Mann, Dresden Dolls, Darkbuster, Letters to Cleo, New Edition, Breeders, NKOTB, Tribe, Galaxie 500, Morphine, Dropkick Murphys, Modern Lovers, J Geils, Neighborhoods, Sebadoh, Killswitch Engage, Shadows Fall, etc...

I wonder who'll end up scoring this. I hope it's not Giacchino or Silvestri; I'd much prefer some new blood being introduced to the MCU. If Marvel wants to go for a female composer, Debbie Wiseman or Pinar Toprak would be perfect. Rachel Portman's also great, but she's never worked on an action film before (so far as I know), not sure if she'd be up for it.

If not, it'd be cool if Ludwig Goransson was able to do it. His work on Black Panther was fantastic, and he's already said he'd be open to scoring more superhero films.

I'd really want them going oldschool with this one, someone more in Silvestri's mould. Plenty of those guys still working.

If not, it'd be cool if Ludwig Goransson was able to do it. His work on Black Panther was fantastic, and he's already said he'd be open to scoring more superhero films.

That'd be cool.

AC/DC- Big Gun
Guns n Roses- Welcome to the Jungle
Guns n Roses- Paradise City
Wannabe- Spice Girls
Aerosmith- I Don't Want to Miss a Thing
Bell Biv Devoe- Poison
Backstreet Boys- Everybody
Blur- Song 2
Firestarter- The Prodigy

That'd be cool.

I guess I spoke too soon. Since it was just announced that Goransson will be scoring Venom, I doubt that he'll also want to do Captain Marvel.

AC/DC Big Gun is a song that would fit not only Carol as a character since she is the MCU's big gun literally and not to mention hearing that song in an MCU film would be nothing short of awesome

Champagne supernova would be a really great song to have while she’s learning to fly or even to close the movie

I think B*witched's "C'est La Vie" would also work when she's learning to fly.

Haha that would be so camp, I love it

This would be a fun one for when carol has to handle things solo. It’s not the 90s unless Avril lavigne is involved

Huh? Avril Lavigne really came to prominence in the 2000s. Her first hit, Complicated was around 2002. I don't think people really associate her with the 90s at all.

Don't we already know that this is more early 90's than late? Some of these choices just seem like music that ya'll want to hear but don't realky make sense for the character or the specifics of the setting.

Based on the Rock the Vote posters on the phone booth and walls on the sets, this film is going to be set around 1992-1994 with several flashbacks to Carol's childhood. That means some of the music being posted here is too late to be included.

Hopefully, anyway. It all went to hell later in the 90s.

'92, so sort of later-grunge era and funky/alternative Chili Peppers & Jane's Addiction on the rock side of things, with sort of electro/house stuff being big on the pop side.

Cool beans.

I don't know if films (or TV shows) always adhere exactly to historical chronology unless it's wildly out (eg an entire decade).

Sometimes things didn't happen until later or someone wasn't around at the time, but movies still include a reference to it.

I don't know about 1992 though. Usually music that is early in a decade still sounds a lot like music from the previous decade. Early 90s could sound a bit 80-ish.

Like it was in reality? :oldrazz:

Most of the stuff that broke big and became mainstream in the 90s started out just-below-the-radar in the 80s.

Huh? Avril Lavigne really came to prominence in the 2000s. Her first hit, Complicated was around 2002. I don't think people really associate her with the 90s at all.

Oops, bit of a goof. Wrote that as soon as I woke up without thinking properly.

Still, she was early 2000s so I wasn’t that far off :woot:

Ok, I will nominate no doubt, especially ‘just a girl’ for when we first meet carol as a military pilot and part time drunk

It was released 1995 before you go running off to google ;)

Ah, pre-sucky No Doubt. Yeah, I could go for some No Doubt.

If it's later than '92, maybe The Offsprig & pre-sucky Green Day might work, if they're getting into the post-grunge stuff. I'm sort of in the boat of this being '92 or thereabouts though, given the political posters and the Guns'N'Roses shirt. GNR fizzled pretty quickly in the public consciousness after the really-early 90s and the subsequent break-up.

This would be a fun one while she’s getting taken into space for the first time. Plus family guy already took it off lol. And it would be incredible in stereo

I swear some of these 90s songs are so fun I’m in danger of bursting into dance in the middle of the movie!

Haha, that's like the only good Madonna album, that darker weirder trip-hop thing she put out in whateverthehell year that was.

Again... Ray of light came out in 1998. I know the MCU timeline is vague as it is but... Jeez.

Forgive us for not being 100% sure on the release of friggin' Madonna albums of all things, Cap'n Snarkyballs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"