90s music you'd like to hear in the movie

I just hope they don’t play that blue (da ba dee) song when the kree turn up lol

Kiss From A Rose

I would rather not have a song so associated with another superhero film (ie Batman Forever) played in this film. People only think of Batman when they hear that. It's not like other 90s music which is more neutral.

Plus Seal's a total guhhhllyyy-maaaan, says Ahnuld.

There has to be at least one Kylie song. This would be a fun one to play over the credits

To be honest I’m a little worried about the dangerously low level of camp this movie has so far especially set in the 90s. We all know what happens when comic book movies try too hard to avoid any campiness

If the music is all grunge, then that already suggests dark and too gritty. And it is also too narrow in scope. Much of the music that became really popular in the 90s was in response to grunge, and was anti grunge, like all the Britpop and then the Spice Girls after that which displaced Britpop.

Last edited:
Yeah. Plus you want people to have a good time

Paradise City by Guns n Roses...Captain Marvel needs Guns n Roses tracks in her film I would even go with Welcome to the Jungle or You Could be Mine from the Terminator 2 Judgment Day soundtrack and use that song for Carol Danvers

Yeah. Plus you want people to have a good time

I bet some people would like this film to be like Batman v Superman, and to have a full-on grunge soundtrack. Maybe they'd love to walk out of the movie theatre saying "I feel so depressed! What a great feeling!"

Maybe some people don't go to super hero movies for camp and comedy though and find those aspects being given more focus and attention by film makers to be grating and pandering?

There are more than enough films to make you feel bad though, I mean awards season is full of them

There are more than enough films to make you feel bad though, I mean awards season is full of them

The reverse of that may well be that there's more than enough comedies out there for you to laugh at though, aren't there?

See... Why does a lack of camp or less focus on humor automatically mean "dour and depressing" to some?

Point blank: I have never been into super heroes for laughs.

Also... Yeah, a serious story with nothing like camp or humor undercutting is FUN to me. Taking these flights of fancy serious to me is the fun. I didn't have some ironic detachment from these characters and their world as a young fan reading the books. It's all melodramatic as hell and I took it all at face value, no matter how bat-guano crazy it all is once you give any aspect of super heroes a more than cursory thought.

And frankly, the formula of forcing humor or camp to pander to the wider audience can be grating in the extreme for a lot of fans who at best tolerate it since it's in vogue among the wider audience.

Are there limits to that view? Of course. I go see a Spidey or Deadpool movie I expect some laughs and fourth wall breaking observations. With RDJ as Iron Man I want him to have some quips. But even there you have to deliver on the action/drama in at least a strong a manner as you do humor. Also when film makers spend more time and care on gags and jokes it has in lots of these movies meant less time was spent on a legit engaging and exciting super hero story, or at least it's held many a film back from reaching some memorable dramatic highs. I enjoyed THOR RAGNAROK plenty but it's a very weightless affair despite all the seemingly important events that happen in it. I dare say in ten years when people recollect about it generally they will remember the gags and not much else. Was it funny? Sure. A comedic genius was helming it (who also made some damned fine action as well to be fair) and it showed. Will most people who saw it be able to tell me what it was about in a decade? I have my doubts.

I mean... Look at IW. People had a great time with that movie and while there are laughs they never undermine the characters or situation and it ends on a downer by any stretch of the imagination, all under the umbrella a suspension of disbelief already of course. I had a great time. Do I want the follow up film to end the same way? No. Nor should it in my view. This actually is starting to show the level of group think in the fan base though as now everyone (including lots that I am sure we're against "deaths" and "the snap" and a cliffhanger ending before the film came out, probably on grounds that it would be too "dark"... What am I saying? Those are exactly what I read more than once right here on the Hype.) is opening about how much more dark A4 will be and while I am sure it will be dramatic and meaty... It's gonna end with a crap ton more uplift than a lot of the fan base now is theorizing IMO.

But that's just it... humor injected was seen as something that was simply a must because it appeared successful beforehand. Now... A serious tone and high dramatic and character stakes in the extreme is what a lot are asking for in A4 because of the success of IW.

Lastly... If literally the majority of these films are drowning their stories in humor/camp then that actually starts to have decreasing dividends. Which is to say that spontaneity plays a part in comedy. Or to put it another way, when you can see the punchline or gag coming or know the rhythm of these films and how they place their gags you can start predicting when the joke will come which will affect how funny one will find it. Which is one of the other ways "funny" can start to eat into "fun".

The reverse of that may well be that there's more than enough comedies out there for you to laugh at though, aren't there?

See... Why does a lack of camp or less focus on humor automatically mean "dour and depressing" to some?

Point blank: I have never been into super heroes for laughs.

Also... Yeah, a serious story with nothing like camp or humor undercutting is FUN to me. Taking these flights of fancy serious to me is the fun. I didn't have some ironic detachment from these characters and their world as a young fan reading the books. It's all melodramatic as hell and I took it all at face value, no matter how bat-guano crazy it all is once you give any aspect of super heroes a more than cursory thought.

And frankly, the formula of forcing humor or camp to pander to the wider audience can be grating in the extreme for a lot of fans who at best tolerate it since it's in vogue among the wider audience.

Are there limits to that view? Of course. I go see a Spidey or Deadpool movie I expect some laughs and fourth wall breaking observations. With RDJ as Iron Man I want him to have some quips. But even there you have to deliver on the action/drama in at least a strong a manner as you do humor. Also when film makers spend more time and care on gags and jokes it has in lots of these movies meant less time was spent on a legit engaging and exciting super hero story, or at least it's held many a film back from reaching some memorable dramatic highs. I enjoyed THOR RAGNAROK plenty but it's a very weightless affair despite all the seemingly important events that happen in it. I dare say in ten years when people recollect about it generally they will remember the gags and not much else. Was it funny? Sure. A comedic genius was helming it (who also made some damned fine action as well to be fair) and it showed. Will most people who saw it be able to tell me what it was about in a decade? I have my doubts.

I mean... Look at IW. People had a great time with that movie and while there are laughs they never undermine the characters or situation and it ends on a downer by any stretch of the imagination, all under the umbrella a suspension of disbelief already of course. I had a great time. Do I want the follow up film to end the same way? No. Nor should it in my view. This actually is starting to show the level of group think in the fan base though as now everyone (including lots that I am sure we're against "deaths" and "the snap" and a cliffhanger ending before the film came out, probably on grounds that it would be too "dark"... What am I saying? Those are exactly what I read more than once right here on the Hype.) is opening about how much more dark A4 will be and while I am sure it will be dramatic and meaty... It's gonna end with a crap ton more uplift than a lot of the fan base now is theorizing IMO.

But that's just it... humor injected was seen as something that was simply a must because it appeared successful beforehand. Now... A serious tone and high dramatic and character stakes in the extreme is what a lot are asking for in A4 because of the success of IW.

Lastly... If literally the majority of these films are drowning their stories in humor/camp then that actually starts to have decreasing dividends. Which is to say that spontaneity plays a part in comedy. Or to put it another way, when you can see the punchline or gag coming or know the rhythm of these films and how they place their gags you can start predicting when the joke will come which will affect how funny one will find it. Which is one of the other ways "funny" can start to eat into "fun".

I’m not reading that. If I wanted to read a whole text I would reread lord of the rings again

Paradise City by Guns n Roses...Captain Marvel needs Guns n Roses tracks in her film I would even go with Welcome to the Jungle or You Could be Mine from the Terminator 2 Judgment Day soundtrack and use that song for Carol Danvers

I'd say that's pretty much guaranteed with the set photos of her with a GnR shirt on. She's a rock chick, which makes sense for a Air Force pilot.

Any heavy loud guitar music would be fine with me, whether it's thrash, heavy metal, hard rock, punk, grunge, alternative rock, shoegaze, etc.

I'd love to see "You Can't Bring Me Down" by Suicidal Tendencies(they had a song in Iron Man so it's not unheard of), any Metallica song especially "One"(the Black Album would have just been released), or "In My World", "Got the Time", or "Bring the Noise w/Public Enemy" by Anthrax.

If any cheese is needed, there are plenty of hair metal bands to choose from.

Also, Carol needs to have a cassette walkman to listen to while flying ala Iron Eagle. She just does.

[YT]GVHEFiLQ3GU[/YT]

Popndough's got the right idea. :yay:

No air force jock is going to be listening to Seal & Spice Girls in their downtime, guy or girl. :oldrazz: They'd be laughed down to the coast guard.

Assuming the coast guard is an insult among military types. Or something.

EDIT: Man, seeing Iron Eagle show up in Cobra Kai was so damn perfect. Of course Johnny ****ing Lawrence likes Iron Eagle! Perfect.

I’m not reading that. If I wanted to read a whole text I would reread lord of the rings again

That's awfully... Something of you, not sure what exactly? I'll be sure to keep everything at a fifth grade level in the future for you. :o

:sly:

Real talk... Compared to the novels written around here and the general heft of most of my posts that was far from something "too long".

I would even go with Motorhead songs for Carol such as Ace of Spades or even Rock Out

Popndough's got the right idea. :yay:

No air force jock is going to be listening to Seal & Spice Girls in their downtime, guy or girl. :oldrazz: They'd be laughed down to the coast guard.

Assuming the coast guard is an insult among military types. Or something.

EDIT: Man, seeing Iron Eagle show up in Cobra Kai was so damn perfect. Of course Johnny ****ing Lawrence likes Iron Eagle! Perfect.

Carol should be listening to C'est La Vie by B*witched and the Macarena in her down time.

Jump Around- House of Pain
Mama Said Knock You Out- LL Cool J
Fly Like an Eagle- Seal
Paradise City- Guns n Roses
Live & Let Die- Guns n Roses
Baby One More Time- Britney Spears
Blur
Hanson- Mmbop

I would even go with Motorhead songs for Carol such as Ace of Spades or even Rock Out

Definitely! Any Rock songs pre-1992-ish.

I'd even add songs like Ministry's "Jesus Built My Hotrod", Soundgarden's "Rusty Cage", and Outshined", Smashing Pumpkin's "I am One", and "Bury Me", Jane's Addiction's "Stop", and "Mountain Song" for some alternative rock. I think I already mentioned L7 in an earlier post.

Some Megadeth wouldn't hurt either. Their most successful album came out in 1992, Countdown to Extinction, and has some pretty badass songs on it like "Symphony of Destruction" that would be good for some action scenes. Or some Pantera "Walk".

I doubt there will be more than a couple actual songs in the movie for money reasons, and too many would probably become distracting to actually telling a story.

That's awfully... Something of you, not sure what exactly? I'll be sure to keep everything at a fifth grade level in the future for you. :o

:sly:

Real talk... Compared to the novels written around here and the general heft of most of my posts that was far from something "too long".

It’s a message board forum. We’re not writing novels here. It’s like how there’s a different writing style for novels versus newspaper articles. Doesn’t matter if it’s happened elsewhere, it’s just not the right area for huge essays and honestly most people would just turn off

I would also go with Take My Breath Away even though it is a Top Gun song I would put it in Captain Marvel

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"